App DJi not workin on Samsung s10 after upgrade to android 10
37240 241 2019-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WeemanCL
New
Chile

djiuser_nw1inuNsT3eq Posted at 12-30 08:29
Hi all, yesterday i unistalled fly from my S10 then turned off back on and from play store got fly again to my phone. I noteced end of intallation at there came some added update also which i have not noticed earlier. I dont know for sure but now my fly works again...

Greetings from Finland

It works for me!!!
Thxs
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_4tdEziFZDGHE
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Update for dji fly app is up. App still crashes lol

The work around with go4 ain't working either?
Anyone from dji like to comment? And i don't mean the generic message we have gotten for a month
Screenshot_20191231-114345_Google Play Store.jpg
2019-12-31
Use props
pasztorlaszlo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76040 ft
Hungary

djiuser_4tdEziFZDGHE Posted at 12-31 03:37
Update for dji fly app is up. App still crashes lol

The work around with go4 ain't working either?

Yeah, v1.0.4 is out, and the only update for the Android 10 Samsung users is that now it won't stuck on the white loading screen but crashes immediately. Thanks, DJI, great work...
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_4tdEziFZDGHE
lvl.2

United Kingdom

pasztorlaszlo Posted at 12-31 04:05
Yeah, v1.0.4 is out, and the only update for the Android 10 Samsung users is that now it won't stuck on the white loading screen but crashes immediately. Thanks, DJI, great work...

You'd think they would have done some testing before releasing it??

I actually don't think this is the fix update well going by the patch notes its not. So maybe we may get a fix later (wishful thinking)
2019-12-31
Use props
nonzero
lvl.1
Australia

Yes neither my S8+ or my S10 are working on v1.0.4 just crashes immediately...........c'mon DJI this is bull... it's all over the net that Android 10 Samsung users are having issues yet the update does not address it?
2019-12-31
Use props
gebič
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34245 ft
Czechia

2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_VXLzDL9XuRvU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67257 ft
Turkey

Same here. I have galaxy s10plus with Android 10. It was working fine with Android 9 but now keeps crashing. I have not updated the app to 1.04 version yet but seems like it is not the answer

It is a shame that app is not working with one of the top tier android phones
2019-12-31
Use props
Doohan
lvl.1
Taiwan

djiuser_VXLzDL9XuRvU Posted at 12-31 06:47
Same here. I have galaxy s10plus with Android 10. It was working fine with Android 9 but now keeps crashing. I have not updated the app to 1.04 version yet but seems like it is not the answer

It is a shame that app is not working with one of the top tier android phones

V1.0.4 Release Note

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20191231/Mavic_Mini_Release_Notes_en.pdf

It's no items for this bug.
2019-12-31
Use props
Mavic Craig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120745 ft
France

Still not working. Galaxy S10 plus running Android 10. Not good enough DJI. There is a screen shot there somewhere that shows how far I get when I open the app. Hmmmm.
Screenshot_20191231-190642.jpg
2019-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear you are still having issues. My grandson bought a new Galaxy S10+ this morning to replace his stolen iPhone. After updating phone to Android 10 we downloaded Fly App V 1.0.4 and held our breath when he opened the App. App opened perfectly. We did firmware update to his AC, RC and battery. He did pre-flight check and it said he needed to calibrate the compass. Compass calibrated and he took MM up to 10' and tested all controls and made sure he had good GPS and homepoint set. He got a quick 20 minute uneventful flight in

So both he and I now have S10+ phones running Android 10 with Snapdragon processors. Neither of us have any compatibility issues with DJI Fly App.  I think the issue appears mostly with the Samsung's that have Exynos processors.  I read in another forum that DJI is working with Samsung on this issue so hopefully it will get fixed soon.

2019-12-31
Use props
Roku
lvl.2
Finland

Waited 4 weeks of update that fixes the problem with exynos variant.. I hope that us exynos owners don't have to wait another 4 weeks of fix that maybe get us in the air.
2019-12-31
Use props
Ruben Pablo
New

Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-6 08:47
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I will forward this thread/concern to our DJI designated department for further attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Es muy frustrante .. hayer me trajeron el DRONE a domicilio por DHL y todavia no lo pude hacer volar....
Yo no tengo la culpla de tener un S10+ y recien ahora saber que no funciona el puto drone DJI MINI...

NEcesitor empesar a usar el dorne el Lunes 6 de Enero para trabajar... y estono anda!

Estoy muy descontento con la marca DJI!
Si me devuelven el dinero devuelvo mi DRONE...!
2019-12-31
Use props
Muellermann
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-12-6 08:47
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I will forward this thread/concern to our DJI designated department for further attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Almost 1 month? Sorry, but I´m going to sell the Mini because it´s more or less useless. This is absolutely unaccebtable! I really like the idea of putting images of useless paperweights on social media!
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_4tdEziFZDGHE
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Going by twitter it's now January for the fix. Ugh
2020-1-1
Use props
Jeff6974
lvl.1

France

Hi,
I myself had a lot of problem to get my S10e working with the application then it started to work miraculously.
This morning I updated the application to 1.0.4 and great, nothing works anymore ... Congratulations DJI to test your updates, you are on top !
Suddenly, I went back to version 1.0.3 and everything works again as before ... Great !
Anyway, now, before I make the updates, I would come and take a look at the forum to make sure it works before installing for nothing ... Thank you for each other's comments and Happy New Year to everyone
2020-1-1
Use props
adyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68976 ft
United Kingdom

Still not working here on S10...

Tried both versions...

Any news from DJI?
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_fz3JFwYHYJa4
lvl.1

Switzerland

it's a shame. i have bought my MM this Christmas and first with the NFZ restriction and then with the S10+ Android 10 app not working i was never able to fight with It!!!!!
Shame on DJI, that currently didnt said nothing yet on the issue.
2020-1-1
Use props
delamora
lvl.1

Mexico

I dowloaded dji go 4, unistalled the dji fly 1.0.4, found version 1.0.3, installed, then working again... not sure if dji go 4 has anything to do but I did that and now is working.. hope it helps
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_K4Zoyrpj9ncn
New
Flight distance : 48179 ft
Indonesia

that is true , contact support , let them know you are annoyed, i did that , and will do it daily until they release DJI Fly update
2020-1-1
Use props
Vim Fueago
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21558 ft
United Kingdom

Working perfectly on. Google Pixel running Android 10. It seems to be a Samsung problem.  They have history for in necessarily breaking many things in their awful spin on Android.  
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_4tdEziFZDGHE
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This from twitter
Screenshot_20200102-131254_Twitter.jpg
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_fz3JFwYHYJa4
lvl.1

Switzerland

shame shame shame dji!!!!!
2020-1-2
Use props
marule
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67257 ft
United States

hey, I am able to open the app if I

1. Uninstall the app
2. Delete the DJI folder manually by locating it via file manager
3. Clear the cache (sometimes restart the phone)
4. Install the app again

I need to repeat these steps everytime I need to fly. It works for a day or two then app stops working. (then repeat the steps....a vicious cycle)
2020-1-2
Use props
Sputnik007
lvl.2
Germany

This here is really poor, not only that the the App still  isn't working with the first device on the compatibility list, but the information politics here is even worse.
A comment from the officials once a week with something like:
we are working on the issue
we have identified the issue
we need another x weeks of testing before releasing the update

..would let us feel they are understanding the trouble at all.

The rating in the Play store is tending towards miserable 1 star only.
Isnt this a DJI forum? Why do we need to get updates from Twitter?

Trust is coming by feet and leaving on a horse
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_UIj4GBpi0H9C
New

Chile

Estimados
Compre el dron MINI, pero lamentablemente no funciona la aplicación FLY.

Instale la aplicación desde play store 1.0.3: Error, pantalla blanca y traba Instale
la aplicación directo desde la página de DJI 1.0.4: Error, pantalla blanca y traba

Desintale la aplicación, limpieza completa, sonda instalar 1.0.4, mismo problema

Especificaciones del movil:
Samsung s10
Android 10: Android Oficial, NO beta.

Alguna recomendacion?

Saludos desde chile
2020-1-2
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 807247 ft
Italy

Hi think that at this point, is more than one month customer have this big issue, DJI has the duty to publish an official communication in this forum or official site on when they will be able to fix this problem,

We need EXACT  date of the possible  solution  to this issue, not  generic communication of apologies after one month they do not ever work.
Dji is a big worldwide reality in drone manufacturing and i expect from it solid answer no more apologies.

In my case is essential to decide to ask for refund of the drone and give it back.
I can ask total refund because my phone is at the first place in the official list of DJI.

It is a pity because mavic mini make me know the world drone and i was thinking to buy also the pro 2 but with this premises i will never buy a DKI product.

Thank you for your collaboration DJI.

2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_WjqAum4sq0xC
lvl.1

Netherlands

Moccaz Posted at 1-2 06:16
Hi think that at this point, is more than one month customer have this big issue, DJI has the duty to publish an official communication in this forum or official site on when they will be able to fix this problem,

We need EXACT  date of the possible  solution  to this issue, not  generic communication of apologies after one month they do not ever work.

AMEN !

Totaly agree with you! Ist a shame.....big shame that the number one factory DJI is NOT informing us on their own page/forum. Thousands off buyers can not use their $500,= ultra light paperweight.

Shame on you DJI....shame!

DJI, YOU ACT LIKE YOU DON'T GIVE A SH☆T ABOUT YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS!
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_trr1uLoMnkMh
lvl.1

Netherlands

same issues here, bought it can't use it...
2020-1-2
Use props
Mavic Craig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120745 ft
France

Got this reply today

18:59DJI Support (DJI Support)

1月2日 18:59 CST

Dear Customer,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

This issue is caused by the incompatibility between the DJI Fly app and the Android 10 operating system run by the Samsung S10+ (Exynos). We have already worked on this issue with Samsung, and have figured out the cause of this issue. We will fix this issue in the next version of the DJI Fly app.

Thanks for your kind understanding and patience in advance.
Thanks for choosing DJI products.

Happy New Year!

Best Regards
Cerelia

DJI Customer Support

2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_trr1uLoMnkMh
lvl.1

Netherlands

i got that reply as well today on a chat, but when asking for a time line they can't say because there still working on it.
2020-1-2
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

If they do not give a date and is one month thay  they are "WORKING" on it probably they are not sure to fix the issue and this is quite  bizzarre  from a company as DJI.

But how can we have refou d for money and gave back drone?
2020-1-2
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

Probably they are not able to fix this issue. And this sound to me bizzarre
2020-1-2
Use props
slogrega
lvl.3
Flight distance : 201204 ft
Slovenia

Hi, I have samsung S10e and android 10 and working everything ok
2020-1-2
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Moccaz Posted at 1-2 10:44
Probably they are not able to fix this issue. And this sound to me bizzarre

I think that is why they say they are working with Samsung. They may not be able to fix this issue by DJI alone.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_WjqAum4sq0xC
lvl.1

Netherlands

Mavic Craig Posted at 1-2 09:05
Got this reply today

Why don't they tell this to all of us in their own (this) forum? They see all this complaints but still just only give a stupid copy paste containing a sorry....

We want a ETA. We deserve a  ETA. We want to know when we can use our expensive MM.

So....we have to wait still another month?
Unbelieveble......
2020-1-2
Use props
Azayda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 301250 ft

Australia

S10 and S10+ running Android 10 is mainly due to processor differences, anyone running the Snapdragon processor this should work just fine it's however the users running the Exynos processor which this is happening to (including myself). In the meantime if you have an older 1.0.3 apk I suggest you uninstall the DJI FLY App for now also go into My Files and remove all traces of the DJI folder then re-install from the APK  , restart your phone and try opening DJI FLY App, if you're still getting white screen then repeat these steps a few times, I hope this helps someone!
2020-1-2
Use props
Muellermann
lvl.2
Germany

There was an update which should fix 'issues on certain Samsung devices'

Well, now it crashes even faster.

2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_LdGjVE7zAX5H
lvl.1

Czechia

Yes, 1.0.4 did not fix problem.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_U6LeJ5Qsr7UY
lvl.1

Slovenia

If you don't won't to wait do as I have done.

I had 3 issues
- video in 2.7k, 6 extra lines
- not able to unlock in blue zone
- Samsung note 10 on android 10

First I downgraded my phone to android 9, second I downloaded new DJI Fly apk from DJI website and third updated firmware on MM.
Now everything works ok.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_xDjrupamWDpL
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have just re installed today and it is now working
2020-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules