App DJi not workin on Samsung s10 after upgrade to android 10
37244 241 2019-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbd71c3f8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207579 ft
Thailand

Well, whatever I do I cant get i to work on my Note10+, but re installing on my wifes S10+ seems to be working. For now.

Strange. Both are Exynos on Android 10.

EDIT; Just saw that wife is on Android 9. Any way that I can easily roll back my Note10+

2020-1-2
Use props
Aquamundi
lvl.1
Germany

Regarding all those problems with the DJI APP not working or not working properly, i would like to make a suggestion to DJI and because i have no idea how to make it to the DJI core - i put it here:
Hey DJI! It would be very helpful, if you would make a "BASIC DJI APP" that could be used, if any problems occur. That BASIC DJI APP should be able to run under any circumstances and provide the very basics. Fly the Mavic Mini at low level (for example not more than 50 meters and not greater distance 500 meters) and let the pilot make foto and or film.
I would have loved to have such a possibility today, because i could not make my Mini fly because the DJI APP refused to work and my wife an i were rather frustrated to have walked for long time to a nice place and could not make for what we came there.
Regards,
2020-1-3
Use props
chnapka
lvl.1

Czechia

is any hack like at version 1.0.3 to get working 1.0.4, or any link to direct download 1.0.3?
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_nw1inuNsT3eq
lvl.1

Finland

Hi all, i did those tricks, unistall reboot phone, installing fly again. It worked 4days, now freezes again on white front page.

When i was thinking to get a drone i thought, i'll take known brand i dont want to play with those "cheap" ones, i took dji mavic. Now i cant fly at all, what a fuck

This is not right...

Greetings from Finland
Regards
Pete
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_JolEjka6tCau
lvl.1

Italy

Hi i have written ti dji support.  This is the answer. Se have to wait.

Alec (DJI Support)

1月4日 04:10 CST

Hello Customer,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. This issue is caused by the incompatibility between the DJI Fly app and the Android 10 operating system run by the Samsung S10 and S10+ (Exynos). We have already worked on this issue with Samsung, and have figured out the cause of this issue. We will fix this issue in the next version of the DJI Fly app. This will be solved in the late January.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

If you have questions or other concerns that need to be addressed, please do not hesitate to let me know. I am just an email away to help.

Thank you for choosing DJI and have a nice day!
Best Regards,

Alec
DJI Technical Support

2020-1-3
Use props
Muellermann
lvl.2
Germany

djiuser_JolEjka6tCau Posted at 1-3 14:13
Hi i have written ti dji support.  This is the answer. Se have to wait.

Alec (DJI Support)

Just the usual bla bla from DJI
2020-1-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Late January if holds true too late December will be the 11th hour of January 31st!! Uuugghhh
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_lutnN0CH3Cg0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124600 ft
Australia

DJI ... this is just wrong ... when will you fix it .... or when will you give a refund.
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_lutnN0CH3Cg0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124600 ft
Australia

DJI When will you fix this
2020-1-4
Use props
Aquamundi
lvl.1
Germany

I would like to adress this reply to:
Alec (DJI Support

Me, as a customer, and all those other customers with this problem, have to wait until you as the technical support of DJI are willing to help us.
It is not enough to send out apologizes.
It is not enough to let us know that you and Samsung have knowledge of the problem.
And of course it is not enough or in any matter "okay" to tell us it will be fixed in the next version - in a month.
Sorry, we have no patience nor understanding.
You wrote: "I am just an email away to help." instead of giving help, you just told us to wait for the next version.
Thats not helpful.

Speed up things!

We are not able to fly and do all those things, we paid for!
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_JolEjka6tCau
lvl.1

Italy

Aquamundi Posted at 1-4 04:07
I would like to adress this reply to:
Alec (DJI Support

Done. Thanks
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_Z2MJZmVguwKj
New
Armenia

Дааа не ожидал я от dji,  после обновления приложения dji fly, приложение перестала работать. У меня samsung s10+ 10-й андроид это не солидно, придётся возвращать Mavic Mini а жаль
2020-1-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Z2MJZmVguwKj Posted at 1-4 08:06
Дааа не ожидал я от dji,  после обновления приложения dji fly, приложение перестала работать. У меня samsung s10+ 10-й андроид это не солидно, придётся возвращать Mavic Mini а жаль

Жаль это слышать. Я читал, что DJI работал с Samsung, чтобы выяснить, почему возникла проблема с S10 и S10 + с процессорами Exynos. Они решают проблему и будут устранены в конце января обновления прошивки. Извините, хотелось бы, чтобы это были лучшие новости.
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_4tdEziFZDGHE
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Put it this way if this was an issue effecting ios or an iphone it would have been fixed in hours.  

This is the first and last product I will ever buy from DJI
2020-1-4
Use props
fans7ac7b91c
New
Flight distance : 5981 ft
Brazil

I bought mavic mini. In the list of celulars that are compatible it says Galaxi S10+
I tried to install the app and everytime it crashes.. to a blanc page.
I want to know when dji will do something about it?
So far i was not able to use the drone.
2020-1-4
Use props
Muellermann
lvl.2
Germany

fans7ac7b91c Posted at 1-4 11:42
I bought mavic mini. In the list of celulars that are compatible it says Galaxi S10+
I tried to install the app and everytime it crashes.. to a blanc page.
I want to know when dji will do something about it?

That´s what I say. They cheat their customers!
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_JolEjka6tCau
lvl.1

Italy

New replay from Alec        
Alec (DJI Support)

1月4日 22:17 CST

Hello Customer,

Thank you for reaching back to me.

I completely understand your situation as you purchased the unit and it should be working. If this happen to me, I'll feel the same way.

I know that sending out apologizes is not enough. We are working hand in hand to fix this issue and as much as I would like to provide a solution in an instant, this needs to be coordinated with Samsung which we've already did.

Rest assured that the issue will be fixed in the late January.

We are asking for your patience in this regard.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best Regards,

Alec
2020-1-5
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 807247 ft
Italy

Hi all,

i was the first to open this thread and was the 6 of december  and now i know i will have to wait to the end of January to can fly again.
I ask a simple question to DJI and to you all is it right to buy a product and can not use it for at least 2 months?
I hope than in late January the problem will be fixed butta the moment i am not sure of that.
I buyed the drone following Dji instructions consulting the list of compatible phone and mine was the first in the list.
I made some flight rebooting the phone a lot of time in the hope the app start again and some time i managed, but now i am scared to fly cause the app could turn off in every moment of fly and create danger for me and other people.
Immagine if a smartphone of Apple of Samsung exit with a bug that not permit the phone to work properly for 2 months probably the producer would have big image and financial problem when the news bounce through the world.
Mavic mini made me know the world of drone and i like it a lot but i never thought that a company as DJI , that i consider a top brand in drone manufacturing, have no technical skill to front stupid drawbacks as the one of the app in a decent time.
Reading also all cases of fly away drone without control all of teese make me rise some dubts about reliability of their products.
I finished saying to my last request to Dji support i had no response but i received the questionnaire about customer satisfaction.
Use more real people beyond the keyboards and not bot and do not think too much to make stupid questionnaire, the score you had was one star because less was impossibile.

2020-1-5
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

Just one thing,

the thread was read to 11,9 K times more than all the other thread in the forum, do  not you think that this create some damage image to your company?
2020-1-5
Use props
ted6
lvl.2

United States

I've been following this thread with interest, since I had compatibility problems with the Fly app, and had to return my Mini. There's a lot of ticked off people here, and understandably so. As a software developer, maybe I can add some perspective to the much hated "end of January" release date.  The software I worked on was a large medical instrumentation program. The app was extremely critical as far as safety and test results. The testing for ANY release was huge and took months. It could be that the drone software is similar in terms of validation and verification testing. I can only guess what DJI test procedures are. It could be that they simply cannot fix a small bug and whip a new release out the door. First of all, we don't know what the problem is. It could be one line of code, or it could be some major problem where they have to re-write a major sub-system. Depending on the severity, and the rigor of their testing requirements, we may be stuck waiting for the release cycle. I know that in certain fields of software, fixes will be made and a new version rushed out immediately, but with drone software, the rigor is going to be between a little dopey smartphone app and a mission critical medical app. Unfortunately, DJI is not very revealing in terms of what exactly is wrong and why it takes so long.
2020-1-5
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

Dear Thed,

thank you.
I am not a programmer but i sell scientific instruments and how know how programming software is not easy, but in these case the sell to all the world and not few pieces and the problem is only at the start of the app. When it ran i never had problems.
For how many difficult it could be DJI has to talk clearly to their customers and inform them about timing and can not make wait 2 months in my opinion.
2020-1-5
Use props
ted6
lvl.2

United States

Moccaz Posted at 1-5 07:29
Dear Thed,

thank you.

Agreed. Unfortunately when any corporation has a software problem, the response goes through the front facing marketing department. There is a never a situation where the software engineer responsible for the issue gets to explain to the entire world what the problem is (it's probably too technical for the average person the understand anyway). The corporate response is ALWAYS filtered and spun, and ends up as, well, you know… "We are sorry, we are working on it, and a fix is coming soon". This behavior is universal with all corporations. Some corporations will actually have a change log that you can view, but this is not common. I guess I'm just trying to explain to the people in this forum why it takes so long. I can't believe DJI is so lazy and negligent that they are relaxing the whole month of January. What I am particularly peeved about is the compatibility issues in general with the DJI Android ecosystem. I come from a Microsoft Windows background, and these issues are making Windows look like paradise. The reason we have operating systems is to have a common programming interface so all programs run properly  on all devices running that OS. I'm perplexed why Android is such a problem.
2020-1-5
Use props
Sputnik007
lvl.2
Germany

Hey DJI, the right answer would be to open the SDK for the Mini and let Litchi or others provide an App that works, obviously you cant. Guess that would have been on the plan anyway for later.

Your Marketing wanted to position the Mini with a limited App and without SDK to not cannibalize your more expensive drones, I guess we have clearly sen that this Strategy failed, now Engineering should take back control, just use the default App and open the SDK.

At least I appreciate you are giving us a date when to expect the fix.
2020-1-5
Use props
ted6
lvl.2

United States

Sputnik007 Posted at 1-5 13:09
Hey DJI, the right answer would be to open the SDK for the Mini and let Litchi or others provide an App that works, obviously you cant. Guess that would have been on the plan anyway for later.

Your Marketing wanted to position the Mini with a limited App and without SDK to not cannibalize your more expensive drones, I guess we have clearly sen that this Strategy failed, now Engineering should take back control, just use the default App and open the SDK.

FWIW they are partnering with Microsoft:

https://www.windowscentral.com/d ... team-sdk-windows-10
https://developer.dji.com/windows-sdk/
2020-1-5
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

So it seems the problem on Europe(Exynos) based Android 10 phones of samsung. I have note10+, even I have snapdragon version, I am scared to upgrade to 10
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_bR28iOq6CA47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167726 ft
Ukraine

Bought my brand new mavic mini today. Having the same issue on my Samsung S10+.

Reached out to online support and was told that the update is coming in the mid of January. This is a total mess. Ruined holidays. I've never experienced such a mistreat from such a brand.
2020-1-6
Use props
ted6
lvl.2

United States

Maybe the reason the Fly software update is so late is because DJI contracted a third party to do the software, and they don't have sufficient control or clout with the other organization. I've seen this happen before elsewhere.
2020-1-6
Use props
slogrega
lvl.3
Flight distance : 201204 ft
Slovenia

slogrega Posted at 1-2 11:21
Hi, I have samsung S10e and android 10 and working everything ok

Not working any more
2020-1-6
Use props
Aquamundi
lvl.1
Germany

Fact is: The Mavic Mini has no problems at all.
Fact is: The "FLY" - App worked (at least at the beginning) and just run into problems since they made that "update".
If DJI would provide us with the older version (that had not so much problems), we could use the Mini.
Its a pitty...
2020-1-6
Use props
Sputnik007
lvl.2
Germany

Aquamundi Posted at 1-6 13:35
Fact is: The Mavic Mini has no problems at all.
Fact is: The "FLY" - App worked (at least at the beginning) and just run into problems since they made that "update".
If DJI would provide us with the older version (that had not so much problems), we could use the Mini.

its not a Fly App Update but the Android OS Update thats causing this issue
2020-1-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burak C. Posted at 1-5 13:58
So it seems the problem on Europe(Exynos) based Android 10 phones of samsung. I have note10+, even I have snapdragon version, I am scared to upgrade to 10

Burak, I have a Galaxy S10+ with a Snapdragon processor and running Android 10.  I also have a Pixel 4 XL running Android 10.  I have used both phones with the MM without an issue.  In an e-mail exchange I had with DJI Customer Support I was told that the only issue is with any S10 model that has an Exynos processor and that they have worked with Samsung developers to resolve the issue. The e-mail stated they are updating the App and it would be out later in January.  

Of course they provided no date, just that it was coming out in January.  Wish it was better news for those that have the S10 with Exynos processors.
2020-1-7
Use props
MoreFlyMini
lvl.1
Argentina

DJI how much we have to wait for de update? Is really annoying not having a quick solution. We know that you have to attend a lot of things, but this is affecting to all the consumers that attracted whit this amazing drone. Is such a bad thig thas this happend,condidering that for a experiment developer this kind of issues can't take more than a week to correct it. At least could you compromise with us an tell us a date to deliver the ETA?
2020-1-7
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-7 04:43
Burak, I have a Galaxy S10+ with a Snapdragon processor and running Android 10.  I also have a Pixel 4 XL running Android 10.  I have used both phones with the MM without an issue.  In an e-mail exchange I had with DJI Customer Support I was told that the only issue is with any S10 model that has an Exynos processor and that they have worked with Samsung developers to resolve the issue. The e-mail stated they are updating the App and it would be out later in January.  

Of course they provided no date, just that it was coming out in January.  Wish it was better news for those that have the S10 with Exynos processors.

Thanks, I have updated my phone to Android 10. DJI Fly just opens up without any error. Seems no problem at all for me.
2020-1-7
Use props
Muellermann
lvl.2
Germany

What a bull...! Definetly the first and last product I´ve bought from DJI !

And still they are claiming the S10 to be compatible!

Well, one could call it betrayal !
2020-1-7
Use props
fans427e4740
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100922 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Muellermann Posted at 1-7 13:51
What a bull...! Definetly the first and last product I´ve bought from DJI !

And still they are claiming the S10 to be compatible!

It is compatible.

Samsung S10 is delivered with Android 9, if you choose to change the software, it's not DJIs fault.

And we both know you will forget about this in a few months and still buy their next drone aswell ;)
2020-1-7
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

fans427e4740 Posted at 1-7 23:58
It is compatible.

Samsung S10 is delivered with Android 9, if you choose to change the software, it's not DJIs fault.

Hi Fans,

in your opinion we would not upgrade the phone with security upgrades to make run a stupid app and make a favor to Dji because is not able to design an app?

Go to troll to another tread
2020-1-8
Use props
fans427e4740
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100922 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Moccaz Posted at 1-8 02:04
Hi Fans,

in your opinion we would not upgrade the phone with security upgrades to make run a stupid app and make a favor to Dji because is not able to design an app?

Hi Mocca.
Android 10 has nothing to do with security updates.
You get security patch from Samsung each month.
2020-1-8
Use props
LarsRefs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6955 ft
Norway

djiuser_SkHkyLfQZLRF Posted at 2019-12-6 05:08
I had the same issue. Samsung Galaxy S10e Android 10

Same. I have an S10e and the app freezes on open (Android 10). Got the MM only two days ago. I have to use my old S7 with a cracked screen to be able to fly... Hoping for a fix soon, though! The drone is amazing when it works!
2020-1-8
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167726 ft
Ukraine

I've managed to launch the app today but then it stuck again. However I was able at least to update the drone firmware and activate it before the app went down again.

Now I can fly without the app. What a joy! Well, at least I'll train myself some piloting skills before they roll out the update
2020-1-8
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have managed to get mine working with the following, worth a try as I have been trying different things for weeks. This has sorted it for me 3 times now.

Samsung S10+

Gestures enabled
Uninstall all DJI apps
Restart phone
Install DJI Go4
Install DJI Go
Open both Apps allow them to unpack files then close them down
Install DJI Fly
App not in a folder just on main app page
2020-1-8
Use props
Advanced