37226 241 2019-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moccaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 807247 ft
Italy

HI,

I used mavic mini yestrerday and all work great.
Today my Samsung S 10 recived the new upgrade at android 10 and after that the app DJi Fly do not open remaining  freezed on the open page.
I try to disinstalla and reinstall app bit nothing changed.

Someone have solution for that.

Thank you
2019-12-6
Use props
Framegon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 110528 ft
Spain

Hi,

The same happens to me with a Samsung S10 +.
Any solution?

Thanks!
2019-12-6
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

Framegon Posted at 12-6 03:47
Hi,

The same happens to me with a Samsung S10 +.

I read on the web that Dai Fly is non compatible with android 10.

That seem crazy to me!!

I hope in a fast response of Dji on that topic.
I can not use the Mavic Mini and I own a phone that dji declare supported.

2019-12-6
Use props
djiuser_SkHkyLfQZLRF
New

Poland

I had the same issue. Samsung Galaxy S10e Android 10
2019-12-6
Use props
STech - Hathdert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft
Portugal

Same issue to me, yesterday ive used my MM on android 9 without problems, today my s10+ updated to android 10, and DJI FLY dont work anymore.

I hope DJI fix this as soon as possible!
The exact same thing happened to me years ago with Galaxy S7 and Phantom 3 advanced, s7 updated to android 7, and DJI Go stoped working, only after weeks DJI fixed the problem.
2019-12-6
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177697 ft
United Kingdom

I'm glad my S10+ doesn't show Android 10 update being available.
2019-12-6
Use props
Salindra
lvl.3
Flight distance : 393474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes same issue for me, Samsung Galaxy S10 plus
2019-12-6
Use props
STech - Hathdert
lvl.4
Portugal

swiftwindwalker Posted at 12-6 06:49
I'm glad my S10+ doesn't show Android 10 update being available.

I recomend you to dont update if you dont want to wait untill DJI update the app.

I choose to wait, android 10 on S10 are so much clean and faster ( !!! ), that ive choose to update and wait for DJI.
2019-12-6
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

It may soon, and what really sux is that you can only delay the update.
2019-12-6
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177697 ft
United Kingdom

STech - Hathdert Posted at 12-6 06:54
I recomend you to dont update if you dont want to wait untill DJI update the app.

I choose to wait, android 10 on S10 are so much clean and faster ( !!! ), that ive choose to update and wait for DJI.

Yeah for sure, I will be waiting for DJI to update the app and other fellow S10/+ users on the forum to confirm its working post DJI updating their app. Although I do have an old iPhone 6s that I can use as a backup phone to fly the drone, but it's battery life is not something I'm comfortable with while taking it out to fly.
2019-12-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an S10+ that has been running Android 10 Beta 7 since before I downloaded the DJI Fly app.  It downloaded and installed without issue.  I have had no problems with the app or flying my MM.
2019-12-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I will forward this thread/concern to our DJI designated department for further attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2019-12-6
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-6 08:47
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I will forward this thread/concern to our DJI designated department for further attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Hi Dji Paladin,

let us know if There are some tricks to make start app in android 10 on Samsung S10.
Would be very annoying  can not fly with our new drones waiting new app version for weeks.

thank  you

2019-12-6
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

I bought the mavic mini after cecking the compatibility of my android device.and Samsung s10 was the first i found.
I bought few days ago other accessories and know i have a drone that could not be used Cause a stupid imcompatibility with a  new phone and last os.

I did not belive DJI work so bad
2019-12-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Moccaz Posted at 12-6 10:35
Hi Dji Paladin,

let us know if There are some tricks to make start app in android 10 on Samsung S10.

Hi Moccaz, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, With regards to this thread/concern, I have forwarded this matter to our designated DJI department. As of the moment, I don't have the information available, however, rest assured that our designated DJI team are doing their best to assists with this matter. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-6
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

I hope that will not take too much time.
I bet there are a lot of people have this Samsung s10 or android 10
2019-12-7
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

So!!
No more information about this issue?
2019-12-7
Use props
shaab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149518 ft
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-6 07:18
I have an S10+ that has been running Android 10 Beta 7 since before I downloaded the DJI Fly app.  It downloaded and installed without issue.  I have had no problems with the app or flying my MM.

Are you still running on Beta or have you already received the official stable version?
Also there's maybe a difference between US Snapdragon and EU Exynos devices.
2019-12-8
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

Is the official version release in europe

2019-12-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

shaab Posted at 12-8 03:31
Are you still running on Beta or have you already received the official stable version?
Also there's maybe a difference between US Snapdragon and EU Exynos devices.

shaab, yes I'm still running on Android 10 Beta 7 with a Snapdragon processor.  However, as an aside my new Pixel 4 XL is able to run the Fly app without issue and it is Android 10 (no beta).  I flew this morning using the Pixel 4XL paired with the RC and AC.  No issues.  Sure hope DJI gets the Fly app fixed for others having issues soon.
2019-12-8
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-8 07:15
shaab, yes I'm still running on Android 10 Beta 7 with a Snapdragon processor.  However, as an aside my new Pixel 4 XL is able to run the Fly app without issue and it is Android 10 (no beta).  I flew this morning using the Pixel 4XL paired with the RC and AC.  No issues.  Sure hope DJI gets the Fly app fixed for others having issues soon.

This is what i got if i try to launch app.
It remain freezed in the first page
Screenshot_20191208-175746.jpg
2019-12-8
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

Moccaz Posted at 12-8 09:08
This is what i got if i try to launch app.
It remain freezed in the first page[Image]

I used the same device in the past days and i had no problems the app work great.
After the (automatic) upgrade to android 10 the app never start
2019-12-8
Use props
Kracker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58281 ft
Spain

Hi,

Same problem here. I bought a new mavic mini. I have a S10+ with Android 10 and doesn't work
2019-12-11
Use props
STech - Hathdert
lvl.4
Portugal

For now, the only fixes are:

- Downgrade for Android 9 ( its not a option for me).

- Wait  for a bug fix app update and use other phone.

- Buy a second and very cheap iphone SE phone and keep it atached on controller just for the mavic mini ( thats what i do, s10+ on mavic controller are too tight for my taste, and use a dedicated phone for the controller are so much faster in any situation, just need to grab the controller and fly! With s10+ i need to take off my protective case, plug the cable and try to fit the phone ( very tight) on controller every tim i want to fly.).
-
2019-12-11
Use props
STech - Hathdert
lvl.4
Portugal

Ive tryed the dji fly app on my s10+ and have great news, app are working again!!
2019-12-11
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

STech - Hathdert Posted at 12-11 08:02
Ive tryed the dji fly app on my s10+ and have great news, app are working again!!

What changed?
2019-12-11
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

Here still not working. No app. update is arrived. I would like to say from DJI how long this update will take. I have few days to return my mavic mini to the store.
For sure i will not buy a new phone to fly with Mavic, The S10 is new one and is the first in the list of DJI compatibility.
So please let me know how long take the update or give use another solution.

2019-12-11
Use props
Kracker
lvl.2
Spain

STech - Hathdert Posted at 12-11 08:02
Ive tryed the dji fly app on my s10+ and have great news, app are working again!!

Hi,

This s10+ has been updated to Android 10 ?.
2019-12-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

My work phone just updated to android 10 and DJI fly app still works. I know it doesn't help those that are being affected, but knowing there are some that is working gives hope that it's something simple that DJI can fix quickly.
2019-12-11
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

Thank you Jody i think is a problem of Android 10 on Samsung series 10.
Is one week i can not fly with my new drone and i do not know when they fix this issue
I am very tempted to go the seller and give back the drone and use money for something better working,
DJi do not give time about solution.
I repeat Samsung S10 is the first in the list compatibility of mavic mini, i immagine the rest of android phones how will work.

2019-12-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Moccaz Posted at 12-11 10:25
Thank you Jody i think is a problem of Android 10 on Samsung series 10.
Is one week i can not fly with my new drone and i do not know when they fix this issue
I am very tempted to go the seller and give back the drone and use money for something better working,

You may be right. I do hope they reach a resolution expediently. I really hope they would work on making it compatible with more devices also. I know what it was like when I ordered my MM and had to wait so long to get it. It's probably a similar feeling when someone can't get to fly not by situations that couldn't be helped like weather, but by man made situations.
2019-12-11
Use props
STech - Hathdert
lvl.4
Portugal

Yeap, my european S10+ was updated last week to oficial android 10, and since update the DJI FLy app stopped working. But today ive tested and its working again! ( theres no app update, it just decided to work again by itself ).
2019-12-11
Use props
Kracker
lvl.2
Spain

I did a downgrade and app works without problems then i did an upgrade again and it stop working. My model is SM-975F ( S10+ ). Obviously, downgrade is not a solution.
2019-12-11
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

It may well also be dependent on which carrier your phone is on.  We often have differences here in the US depending on which carrier your phone is using because each carrier gets to modify the operating system to fit their whims and then the carrier is who releases it (or should I say unleashes it on the customer (or should I say victims)).

AT&T might disable certain things like letting your phone act as a wifi hotspot because they SELL you that function for $10 extra per month, etc., even though it's built into the OS.  That's just one example, and I'm not sure they do that particular thing anymore, but they used to do it!

They also install their own bloatware, some of which you cannot delete from the phone because they get paid by those third parties to force those apps on us (like Facebook, which you cannot delete from an AT&T Android phone).  You can roll it back and disable it, but you cannot delete it.  It's baked into the OS, and wastes valuable memory space whether you want it or not.

So something along those lines may be interfering with the DJI app on a carrier by carrier basis.

Just a thought.

So just be glad you're not a DJI programmer, having to scramble to modify your app to work on a bunch of different operating system varieties that come out suddenly, without your prior knowledge.

Blame it on your carrier if other identical phones on other carriers, with what is supposed to be the same version of Android, are still working while yours isn't.  The carriers are who often mess up an otherwise good new operating system rollout.

2019-12-11
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

I buy my phone no brand it is original Samsung with no personalization.
2019-12-11
Use props
Kracker
lvl.2
Spain

Same here. Without bloatware.
2019-12-11
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Italy

To DJI  assistance!!
There is a possibility to have a prediction of how many time it will need to fix the issue of the thread?
This could be very usefull to all people can not use the drone for this unoredictable issue.

Thank you
2019-12-12
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 12-11 22:07
It may well also be dependent on which carrier your phone is on.  We often have differences here in the US depending on which carrier your phone is using because each carrier gets to modify the operating system to fit their whims and then the carrier is who releases it (or should I say unleashes it on the customer (or should I say victims)).

AT&T might disable certain things like letting your phone act as a wifi hotspot because they SELL you that function for $10 extra per month, etc., even though it's built into the OS.  That's just one example, and I'm not sure they do that particular thing anymore, but they used to do it!

Yes, some companies still do the pay extra for a feature that would ordinarily be part of the operating system. Like my carrier charges extra for Wifi Calling feature on an iphone which I think is ridiculous. It isn't costing them anything extra because if I'm calling over wifi, I'm using the wifi bandwidth to make the call instead of my carriers, but at any rate, this is very plausible that certain carriers could be unknowingly at fault because they do have the ability to customize the OS of the devices they sell. And yes, including adding bloatware.
2019-12-12
Use props
Sputnik007
lvl.2
Germany

Same problem here, had it running on an Galaxy S8 and now switched to an S10 and Android 10, DJI Fly freezes on the Start Screen. Very annoying.
2019-12-14
Use props
Sputnik007
lvl.2
Germany

found another thread, they are aware and are working on it. News from yesterday: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=197394&pid=2031144
2019-12-14
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules