App DJi not workin on Samsung s10 after upgrade to android 10
37204 241 2019-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BogdanU
lvl.1
United States

Its all about effort! DJI knows for sure what the problems is and how to fix it. Otherweise they could not have been able to make an app after all.
I do belive that they already fixed it.
The problem is the unreleased app (005?) has more features than the 004 and was not yet tested and cannot be released.
Thus is too much effort to go back to the 004, branch it, bring only the fix for Exynos, start again a testing phase and release it.

But i think  they missjudge the reaction from the users! The fact the the Fly app reviews in the google play is now at 1.8, sais a lot.

Regrads,
B
2020-1-9
Use props
ted6
lvl.2

United States

BogdanU Posted at 1-9 06:08
Its all about effort! DJI knows for sure what the problems is and how to fix it. Otherweise they could not have been able to make an app after all.
I do belive that they already fixed it.
The problem is the unreleased app (005?) has more features than the 004 and was not yet tested and cannot be released.

Agreed. As I said earlier in this thread, DJI may be up against their release procedures. I cant' believe they are so clueless or incompetent that they are just on vacation on the French Riviera during all this. Another theory I have is that they got a 3rd party to do Fly, and are having issues with them. Who the heck knows? I'm ticked off because I got a Mini for Xmas from my wife that I had to send back because my Samsung Tab S2 is not compatible. It's her "fault" for not checking the little compatibility list, but, crimony, why is Android so touchy?? Also, why the lack of Android tablets on the compatibility list? A Samsung S2 is basically a very large Android Smartphone, in fact, you can stick a SIM card in it! I did a little Google search about android compatibility, and this popped up:

https://developer.android.com/guide/practices/compatibility

It seems there are "nuances" to how compatibility is achieved and maybe DJI is not doing something correctly.

The Samsung S10 fiasco is result of the Android 9-->10 upgrade, which is very odd, because it seems unlikely that v10 would deprecate some of v9's APIs such that apps will break. DJI is said to be working with Samsung on this, which seems like kind of a finger point, but , again, who knows. Well, this will eventually get fixed, everybody will be happy, if only because it always feels so good when you stop banging your head against the wall.
2020-1-9
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167726 ft
Ukraine

For whom it still an issue - there is a way to run the drone with Samsung S10+:

• Uninstall all DJI apps from your phone
  • Open any file manager (native Samsung's will work just fine)
  • Check and delete all DJI folders (make sure you have copies of your DJI photos and videos somewhere)
  • Open Play Store app > Settings > Auto-update Apps > Disable
  • Update your Android system to the latest security update available.
  • Install v.1.0.3 app. I've downloaded it from this resource: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-0-3-release/dji-fly-1-0-3-android-apk-download/download/
  • Open the app and accept all the requirements etc.
  • Wait until ZIP package is downloaded and unpacked
  • You're done (enter credentials and start using the app)

If it doesn't work on S10+ - repeat the procedure and pay more attention to the instructions

Please upvote if it helps.
2020-1-9
Use props
ted6
lvl.2

United States

dessol Posted at 1-9 10:57

1. Uninstall all DJI apps from your phone

Interesting. I don't have an S10, but I have a Samsung Tab S2, that has had DJI GO and DJI Fly uninstalled. I have a DJI folder with 2 subfolders, dji.go.v4 and dji.go.v5. There is no "Fly" folder under the DJI node. However, under dji.go.v5, I have a DJI FLY folder. Odd, why is the Fly folder under the GO.v5 folder? In the Fly folder I have the subfolders Intelligent, Photo, and Video, which are all empty. (I've never run the Fly app with the Mini, because I had to send the box back, and didn't want to break the seal. I knew my device was incompatible.)

So what you are alluding to is that the  problem is somehow related to file system getting screwed up, and not the actual app per se.

I thought Fly 1.0.3 was not compatible with Samsung S10/Android 10 either. I thought 1.0.4 was supposed to fix things but it was also broke.
2020-1-9
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

ted6 Posted at 1-9 11:48
Interesting. I don't have an S10, but I have a Samsung Tab S2, that has had DJI GO and DJI Fly uninstalled. I have a DJI folder with 2 subfolders, dji.go.v4 and dji.go.v5. There is no "Fly" folder under the DJI node. However, under dji.go.v5, I have a DJI FLY folder. Odd, why is the Fly folder under the GO.v5 folder? In the Fly folder I have the subfolders Intelligent, Photo, and Video, which are all empty. (I've never run the Fly app with the Mini, because I had to send the box back, and didn't want to break the seal. I knew my device was incompatible.)

So what you are alluding to is that the  problem is somehow related to file system getting screwed up, and not the actual app per se.

Well, here is the problem:

I know for sure that:
1. v.1.0.4 wouldn't work on S10+ no matter how hard you wipe the folders/restart the phone etc. This version is doomed
2. v.1.0.3 wouldn't work if system had any DJI folders on board while installing 1.0.3 .
3. v.1.0.3 actually worked absolutely normal once I had followed above mentioned steps.
4. I definitely know now that it's total bull... about the "latest android 10 update" and it has nothing to do with 1.0.4. The latest 1.0.4 is definitely a DJI's problem not Samsung's. They should have hired better QA Manager or somth. I don't know. The proof is simple - 1.0.3 works perfectly on S10+. I've tested it for a couple of times today.

I'm not sure about other devices' issues and compatibility - I just wanted to share that info with those S10 owners (such as myself) who were desperately looking for any working solution by the time DJI would fire up a fix for this 1.0.4 disaster. And this fix may come in a week or two, three? Who knows.
2020-1-9
Use props
BogdanU
lvl.1
United States

1. Uninstall all DJI apps from your phone

I have tried that, is not working for me anymore! It worked once few days ago, but then also the 1.0.3 stopped working and the next retries did not helped
2020-1-10
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

BogdanU Posted at 1-10 01:43
I have tried that, is not working for me anymore! It worked once few days ago, but then also the 1.0.3 stopped working and the next retries did not helped

Try to repeat those steps but before installing 1.0.3 make sure to turn off auto-update in Play Store.
Instructions: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 721&pid=2056125
2020-1-10
Use props
BogdanU
lvl.1
United States

dessol Posted at 1-10 02:05
Try to repeat those steps but before installing 1.0.3 make sure to turn off auto-update in Play Store.

Somehow after a loooong wait (5-6 minutes) in the wait screen, the app started.
I could run it once with no limitations.
After closing the app, the second try did not worked anymore, no matter how long I wait.
2020-1-10
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

BogdanU Posted at 1-10 02:09
Somehow after a loooong wait (5-6 minutes) in the wait screen, the app started.
I could run it once with no limitations.
After closing the app, the second try did not worked anymore, no matter how long I wait.

This solution works on Samsung S10. If you try some other device  - it may not work there.

No need to wait 5-6 minutes. Just make sure you've gone through the steps accurately. Make sure to wipe all DJI folders and disable auto-update in Play Store. The update - is the thing that causes app to stop working because you literally get your 1.0.3 uto-updated to 1.0.4.

My 1.0.3 on S10+ works perfectly. I think you just need to pay more attention while getting through the steps.

Instructions:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 721&pid=2056125
2020-1-10
Use props
BogdanU
lvl.1
United States

dessol Posted at 1-10 02:45
This solution works on Samsung S10. If you try some other device  - it may not work there.

No need to wait 5-6 minutes. Just make sure you've gone through the steps accurately. Make sure to wipe all DJI folders and disable auto-update in Play Store. The update - is the thing that causes app to stop working because you literally get your 1.0.3 uto-updated to 1.0.4.

I have tested it on an S10 and the behaviour is as I described. It is only working one time after the clean Install.

What do you mean be deleteing all DJI Folders? I only have one folder DJI in the root folder.
2020-1-10
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

BogdanU Posted at 1-10 03:36
I have tested it on an S10 and the behaviour is as I described. It is only working one time after the clean Install.

What do you mean be deleteing all DJI Folders? I only have one folder DJI in the root folder.

Open the file manager - filter by the keyword "dji" and delete any found folders or files.

Another reason why it is not working after presumably "clean" install is that you do not have your Play Store "app auto-update" setting set to OFF which is why your clean install of 1.0.3 gets to 1.0.4 because of that.
2020-1-10
Use props
BogdanU
lvl.1
United States

dessol Posted at 1-10 03:40
Open the file manager - filter by the keyword "dji" and delete any found folders or files.

Another reason why it is not working after presumably "clean" install is that you do not have your Play Store "app auto-update" setting set to OFF which is why your clean install of 1.0.3 gets to 1.0.4 because of that.

Thanks for the replies! But for me is not working.
I have only one folder named DJI - everything else is inside. I deleted that.
Another folder I do not find. Evtl there maybe I am doing something different. Do you have anything different than that folder.

Did you really closed the app after using it, or is just in background. If I have it in background it seems to work until I close it, or it is being closed the the OS.
The next start will then fail!

The application which is installed is 1.0.3. The auto-update is not active.

Thanks!
2020-1-10
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

BogdanU Posted at 1-10 04:02
Thanks for the replies! But for me is not working.
I have only one folder named DJI - everything else is inside. I deleted that.
Another folder I do not find. Evtl there maybe I am doing something different. Do you have anything different than that folder.

Did you really closed the app after using it, or is just in background.

I've tried all possible scenarios incl. closed the app completely / kept in the backgound / restarted phone / closed and opened the app numerous times etc. It works just as normal app would.

You still didn't mention what exact device you have these issues at?
Did you update your Android to the latest version?
2020-1-10
Use props
BogdanU
lvl.1
United States

dessol Posted at 1-10 04:20
Did you really closed the app after using it, or is just in background.

I did in #210. Is an S10 with Android 10 (January security patch). Looking on other forums, it seems that the behaviour I get is somehow consistent.
Once the app is closed, it will not start anymore.

Both 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 have no issue on a Pixel Phone with Android 10.
2020-1-10
Use props
curro180
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225830 ft
Spain

Esto es ridiculo,  no tienen que pensar en cómo nosotros los usuarios podemos intentar hacer funcionar la aplicación de una manera u otra, es DJI la que nos tiene que dar una solución a todo esto. DJI UNA SOLUCIÓN YA
2020-1-11
Use props
james.MM
New

Malaysia

i have try it with my S10+ and it works.
the only downside is the satellite map display is outdated by at least 9++ years (at least for me).
2020-1-11
Use props
fans427e4740
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100922 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Didn't work for my S10 w/ Android 10.

I think it's just really random when it works and doesn't work.
For some the version 4 works fine, then it just suddenly stops working.

We'll just have to wait for the updated version
2020-1-11
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

fans427e4740 Posted at 1-11 09:51

No, it's not random actually. Exynos version phones have the issue, Snapdragon versions are fine. I updated my note 10+ couple days ago and no problem with the fly app at all. The update will be coming at late January to fix the known issue. Sorry for the trouble guys. (Btw, I bought my phone from the US so that's why I don't have any problem)
2020-1-11
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

STech - Hathdert Posted at 2019-12-11 07:42
For now, the only fixes are:

- Downgrade for Android 9 ( its not a option for me).

I bought a very inexpensive Samsung Galaxy Tab A (8 inch) for $130. It works great, but you have to make sure that it does not update to Android 10.
2020-1-11
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

fans427e4740 Posted at 1-11 09:51

It works with S10+ Exynos only as far as I've got a feedback from numerous users. Other models unfortunately may not apply and will have to wait until DJI releases the update. Support team said it may come late January. But who knows there may be a delay.
2020-1-12
Use props
fans427e4740
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

Burak C. Posted at 1-11 11:28
No, it's not random actually. Exynos version phones have the issue, Snapdragon versions are fine. I updated my note 10+ couple days ago and no problem with the fly app at all. The update will be coming at late January to fix the known issue. Sorry for the trouble guys. (Btw, I bought my phone from the US so that's why I don't have any problem)

Random for the people with Exynos..duh
2020-1-12
Use props
marule
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67257 ft
Turkey

dessol Posted at 1-12 02:20
It works with S10+ Exynos only as far as I've got a feedback from numerous users. Other models unfortunately may not apply and will have to wait until DJI releases the update. Support team said it may come late January. But who knows there may be a delay.

Incorrect.Does not work on my s10+ with Exynos
2020-1-12
Use props
Doohan
lvl.1
Taiwan

After I installed Microsoft launcher, dji fly has been running normally on my s10+ for three days.
2020-1-13
Use props
Sputnik007
lvl.2
Germany

dessol Posted at 1-12 02:20

doesnt work for me either   
2020-1-13
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

Sputnik007 Posted at 1-13 03:47
doesnt work for me either

Here are common reasons for why it didn't work on your S10+
1. You didn't disable auto-update in Play Store app. 2. You didn't remove all DJI folders from the phone system or didn't uninstall all DJI apps from the phone
3. You've downloaded v.1.0.4 from DJI offcial web-site instead of using the link above. The problem is that there (at DJI's website) v.1.0.4 available despite the page title says 1.0.3
4. You didn't install latest Android update (January Security update)
5. Your Samsung is not S10+ and/or Exynos

FYI - if everything went ok - there may be one last issue when launching v1.0.3 - make sure you plug in the cable from your RC to the phone AFTER launching the app otherwise it may also crash.
Link to the lastest updated instructions: youtube.com/watch?v=qjIhtcXp7fM

2020-1-13
Use props
fans427e4740
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

The update can't come fast enough!
2020-1-13
Use props
Muellermann
lvl.2
Germany

Dancing naked around the campfire din´t work. DJI has to fix this f.cking problem!

Beeing the top drone manufacturer and giving so less feedback to their customers is a shame !
2020-1-13
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 807247 ft
Italy

You are rigth!!
From  40 days the app is not working on my S10 and this is ridiculous, but the thing more incredibile is the total lack of  comunication from Dji, this silence sound so loud.

No official comunication on this forum, nothing.
If this is the way to make business of Dji i do not see nice future for this company.

2020-1-13
Use props
fans427e4740
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

1.6 on Playstore. can we get it lower? Perhaps lower their other apps as well. It's not like they care..
2020-1-13
Use props
Mavic Craig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120745 ft
France

I started a thread quite some time ago and am totally disappointed with DJI at the moment. I've been on holidays in Iceland and France for almost a month and haven't been able to use my MM since I updated to Android 10. This was a bucket list trip that was ruined by the upgrade and constant denial by DJI that this was a problem. I decided to sell my Mavic Pro and purchase a Mavic Mini to take away. My mistake. Should have kept it.
2020-1-13
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Fly is not the only app that the Android 10 update broke.
2020-1-13
Use props
djiuser_t0RUiVDaHDNe
New

Philippines

Dji fly sucks! Waste of money!!!!
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_t0RUiVDaHDNe
New

Philippines

When will you fix this???????? Yo dji!
2020-1-14
Use props
AlBundY911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4767 ft
Poland

Work on S10 with android 10 and Exynos processor. Look at this topic.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-206884-1-1.html
2020-1-14
Use props
Fryfly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146499 ft

Germany

AlBundY911 Posted at 1-14 09:54
Work on S10 with android 10 and Exynos processor. Look at this topic.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-206884-1-1.html

Works this also for DJI Go 4 in its latest version? As I understand this thread is only about DJI Fly, isn't it?
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_iDC1WkmKj32l
New

Malaysia

Glad tidings: The new update 1.0.6 is up and is working. Update is on the website.
2020-1-14
Use props
Sputnik007
lvl.2
Germany

Confirmed..IT WORKS!! My Galaxy S10 can fly the Mavic Mini!!
(did also some restart and a reboot of the phone, still ok)

DJI, Congratulations, I had ordered the Mavic in November, got it in December and now in January its finally in the air. You make it complicated to be your customer.

2020-1-15
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

Fix for your Android 10: Try installing the latest DJI FLY app (V1.0.6)  Make sure that it is V1.0.6.
2020-1-16
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

STech - Hathdert Posted at 2019-12-6 06:54
I recomend you to dont update if you dont want to wait untill DJI update the app.

I choose to wait, android 10 on S10 are so much clean and faster ( !!! ), that ive choose to update and wait for DJI.

There is now an updated version (V1.0.6) of the FLY app. It seems to support Android 10.
2020-1-16
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

To all folks above. Try the new version of the FLY app (not the firmware) - it is V1.0.6.  It probably will allow you to fly.  How about reporting back here to this thread?
2020-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules