USB-C cable charging and not connecting
3218 8 2019-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
membervarun
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi,

I just bought a micro-USB to USB-C cable for use with my android tablet. However when i connect my USBC tablet, it starts charging the controller, maintains "Enter Device" rather than saying "Ready to Fly" - for my drone.

And even when i follow the enter device steps, it does not detect this. Something wrong with the cable? What am i doing wrong?
2019-12-6
Use props
Discrete Userna
New

United States

Are you sure that controller outputs to a USB-C? Or does it only output thru a micro USB-B ?
2019-12-7
Use props
Tridiver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4459344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Be sure it's a data cable and not a charge only cable.  Charging cable won't carry data!!
2019-12-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please try a different communication cable to see if the problem persists. Also, if you purchase one, please make sure that you are using a DATA Cable to make sure that RC will transmit data on the mobile device wherein if you are using a charging cable it will only charge the mobile device and will not connect. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-12-7
Use props
membervarun
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-7 10:51
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please try a different communication cable to see if the problem persists. Also, if you purchase one, please make sure that you are using a DATA Cable to make sure that RC will transmit data on the mobile device wherein if you are using a charging cable it will only charge the mobile device and will not connect. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Thank you - didn’t know that. Always assumed charging and data cables are the same thing. Thanks a lot guys
2019-12-9
Use props
membervarun
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Tridiver Posted at 12-7 05:07
Be sure it's a data cable and not a charge only cable.  Charging cable won't carry data!!

Thank you - didn’t know that. Always assumed charging and data cables are the same thing. Thanks a lot guys
2019-12-9
Use props
membervarun
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Tridiver Posted at 12-7 05:07
Be sure it's a data cable and not a charge only cable.  Charging cable won't carry data!!

2019-12-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

membervarun Posted at 12-9 05:33

You are always welcome! Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you!
2019-12-13
Use props
Tferguson
lvl.1
United States

I am having this problem. I am using the USB-C cable purchased from DJI. It has the DJI Logo on it. I can control the aircraft but not get telemetry or video. I used a Lighting cable and it works. This prevents me from using my iPad Pro. I can only use my iPhone 11.
2021-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules