Anyone recommed a good mount for iPad Mini
1567 18 2019-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nullPeanuts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2448 ft
United Kingdom

So I've been looking at this mount to hold my iPad Mini but is there one  that most pilots recommend? Something like: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKYREAT-Upgraded-Compatible-Platinum-Controller/dp/B01N0X2RYQ

2019-12-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the KUUQA tablet holder.  It works on both controllers for my Mavic Mini and Mavic Pro.  It is handby because it has 360 degree rotation for the tablet (or phone) and 45 degrees up and down.  A bonus is it has a neck lanyard strap.  It has served me well.

Check it out here:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/KUUQA-Version-Bracket-Extender-Controller/dp/B079D85DDV/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=iPad+mini+tablet+holder+for+Mavic+Mini&qid=1575724910&s=electronics&sr=1-6
2019-12-7
Use props
nullPeanuts
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-7 05:29
I use the KUUQA tablet holder.  It works on both controllers for my Mavic Mini and Mavic Pro.  It is handby because it has 360 degree rotation for the tablet (or phone) and 45 degrees up and down.  A bonus is it has a neck lanyard strap.  It has served me well.

Check it out here:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/KUUQA-Version-Bracket-Extender-Controller/dp/B079D85DDV/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=iPad+mini+tablet+holder+for+Mavic+Mini&qid=1575724910&s=electronics&sr=1-6

Cheers mate, will take a gander at that
2019-12-7
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

I purchased the PGYTech mount and couldn't be happier. I plan to put up a review soon on youtube but there are plenty of reviews out there to help you make your decision.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2019-12-7
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I enjoy using the MavMount with my Mavic Air and now also with my MM. Good, solid construction and design, Would recommend a visit to their website to check out. Also have different mounts for various sizes of phones and tablets. MavMount
2019-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day nullPeanuts. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who uses the said accessory. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2019-12-7
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

No need the MM controller holds the Ipad Mini no problems.

2019-12-7
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Canada

You can hold it like that but honestly I feels a bit awkward. I prefer an over mount.
2019-12-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

davidms Posted at 12-7 08:54
You can hold it like that but honestly I feels a bit awkward. I prefer an over mount.

+1, I have to agree with you on it being a bit awkward.  The over mounts just have a better feel and get the tablet a bit above the controller.
2019-12-7
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Canada

It's just not balanced. With a mount that moves the mini over the control it feels much more balanced and frankly easier to hold the control/manipulate the sticks.
2019-12-7
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

That mavmouny looks like a hoss of a mount!! Thinking about one of those myself to use with my iPad Air 2. Even my iPhone XR is almost too big. I know I know, it fits and it does, just feels a little awkward to me.
2019-12-7
Use props
Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

nullPeanuts, got my mount for a Mini 4 from Mavmount, works fine.  Measure your Mini 4 make sure you get the right size, and a lanyard comes in handy as well.
2019-12-7
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-7 18:47
That mavmouny looks like a hoss of a mount!! Thinking about one of those myself to use with my iPad Air 2. Even my iPhone XR is almost too big. I know I know, it fits and it does, just feels a little awkward to me.

Would recommend a look at the Mavmount. I have been happy with mine. Quality construction, and also balances nicely ( no tip over) when setting down the controller.
2019-12-8
Use props
Jnperdue
lvl.1
United States

I have the RCGeek. It holds mini iPad fine, BUT.. I can't get the DJI Fly app to recognize that it is a iPad.  The screen resolution is messed up. It thinks it is a phone. Any ideas? I haven't tried this since Nov 15th, maybe something has changed? Any help would be appreciated.
2019-12-8
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

davidms Posted at 12-7 08:54

It feels fine flying with the Ipad Mini in the normal controller.
2019-12-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

djicheaha Posted at 12-8 08:45
Would recommend a look at the Mavmount. I have been happy with mine. Quality construction, and also balances nicely ( no tip over) when setting down the controller.

I checked them out. A little pricey, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. I ordered one to fit my iPad Air 2!!
2019-12-8
Use props
nullPeanuts
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum Posted at 12-7 19:59
nullPeanuts, got my mount for a Mini 4 from Mavmount, works fine.  Measure your Mini 4 make sure you get the right size, and a lanyard comes in handy as well.

Will look at those too cheers bud!
2019-12-9
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-8 09:34
I checked them out. A little pricey, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. I ordered one to fit my iPad Air 2!!

I think you will be happy with the Mavmount. Quality and versatile. Let us know how it works for you.
2019-12-9
Use props
Madperk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 650089 ft
United States

I bought the rcgeek tablet mount.  You will need to buy longer cables but it works well. I especially like the lanyard.

RCGEEK Compatible with DJI Mavic Mini Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Spark Mavic Air Drone Remote Controller 10 inch Tablet Mount Extender Holder with Lanyard fit for Crystal Sky Monitor (Grey) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JGQCS4F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_UQV7Db0YY7906
2019-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules