Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini flat picture profile
14830 16 2019-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
warwickajones
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Having the option to record a low contrast/saturation image to the Mavic Mini’s tiny 40 Mbs codec, like  GoPro’s ProTune, would complete this drone.

Flat picture profile and WB lock, and the Mavic Mini would be a proper professional flying camera.
2019-12-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Yes please!
D-cinelike and WB lock would be a great start.
2019-12-7
Use props
CYLSTUDIO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 375046 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Absolutely!  It’s not rocket science, why restrict the function?  At least tell us or give us some development roadmap if you (DJI) need more time to work on the coding for the new app (DJI Fly).  I bet people will say “What do you expect, it’s an entry level drone,  get the M2Pro or better drone for the advanced features.”  Well .... giving option to select your WB is kind of basic for any sort of camera devices nowadays (2019),  skydio 2 is just around the corner.  I love my MM, top it up with more basic features that would make many of us happy. Thanks.
2019-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day warwickajones. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade this thread and these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-7
Use props
warwickajones
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

After using the drone for a few days I'm shocked at how good the camera's dynamic range and smooth colour gradient is. At first I thought it was that I wasn't used to seeing aerial shots, and from far away everything looks buttery smooth: bigger distances for light to spread over. But when I pointed it around my apartment the gradients were still really soft.

I would still definitely love the added benefit of extra information for high contrast shots. Imagine what you could get with a true cinelike profile.

EDIT: the colour profile is already fairly flat. Maybe it's just that I haven't graded Rec 709 footage in a while, but I've been pumping the saturation and adding luma curves to the footage and still the gradients are soft and the detail is solid (for such a tiny sensor/codec).

I would still love more information for bright sun and deep shadows, don't get me wrong, but I'm quite impressed already. Can't wait to start make enough money using the Mini to justify buying a Mavic 2 Pro.

2019-12-10
Use props
warwickajones
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

UNGRADED:

GRADED:
2019-12-11
Use props
warwickajones
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

2019-12-11
Use props
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

DJI please...Full manual camera control and maby a flat color profile
2019-12-12
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool video warwickjones!!
On another non-related topic, has anyone told you that you resemble the actor Johnny Depp from your forum profile picture?
2019-12-12
Use props
AX Design KS
New
Germany

Camera sensor size & resolution is the same that "M Air" got, I am sure "M Mini" could give you the same data that M Air can give, it might increase power consumption. I hope they offer us an advanced mode, just in case someone say in the upper mgm. "we cannot do this, because specs are fix. It is might going to be in the next M Mini 2" >>  I would even pay for this feature, if it is just about money.  - @DJI Dev. If you add upgrades as for example IN-APP-Purchase for - DNG Photo / 4K 24-30FPS / 100MBit/s   / D-Cinelike /  D-LOG / HLG / H265 HEVC, then I am gone buy it all.
2020-1-11
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Just give us the Spark features please
2020-1-12
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Agreed, while post producing I noticed the dynamic range is quite good.
A flat profile, wb lock and raw photo would make this drone a serious tool.
2020-1-12
Use props
Zaphkiel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49088 ft
Canada

Yes please a flat color profile !
2020-6-5
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

JodyB Posted at 2019-12-12 08:50
Cool video warwickjones!!
On another non-related topic, has anyone told you that you resemble the actor Johnny Depp from your forum profile picture?

So true! :-)
2020-6-5
Use props
gt3rs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280056 ft
Switzerland

Yes absolutely +1
2020-6-6
Use props
djiuser_QqpEYf5WQwhw
New
Flight distance : 89488 ft

Czechia

Yes please. Flat color profile +1.
2020-8-3
Use props
norokarnaygmail.com
lvl.1

Slovakia

In dronelink app you can set -3 for Sharpnes, Contrast, Saturation. Did anybody tried?
2020-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules