Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Skyreat Variable ND Filters
1431 6 2019-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I just Received the new Variable ND filters from Skyreat .

First I will say I have tested Filters for Skyreat for All Osmo's and dji drones in the past, my review is not a professional review and not influenced because I've received filters from Skyreat free, I have reviewed filters that were not up to scratch and I've made no bones about saying how I felt about them, review is my honest opinion.

Quality, is exceptionally good , although small they are pretty sturdy, the change ring on front of the filter moves very smoothly magnets on the back are just what you need for OP, although I'm not an expert on glass it seems pretty good, I will post spec below from Skyreat .

Working, to change the strength is pretty handy, but I do have to mention you need to power down OP , otherwise if you try with Osmo powered on you will see it try to fight you but this is an Osmo not the filter problem, you don't have to remove filter to change it, just easily move the wheel.

Build, they ar made from Aluminum and glass so strong and light, and yes you can power up and power down with filter attached

In the box, you get two VND filters , filter 1 2/5 ND equivalent ND 4 to ND 32, filter 2 6/9 equivalent ND64 to ND 512

Use, I have had little opportunity to use all variables with weather incredibly bad, I have tested filter 1 and found it to be every bit as good as other filters I use (I have a total of 10) I didn't notice any big change in colour cast and comparing my singular filter equivalent quality was every bit as good, I'm sure pixel peepers might pick up something. One bonus with these filters is how handy it is at such low cost to have a filter to preform long exposures, I have paid €49 for a ND 1000, I know ridiculous.

For me and using something like an Osmo Pocket, I really shouldn't need to spend 30% of the cost of the unit on filters, there's something not right about that, also the hassle of changing putting the little feckers back in the boxes can be a nuisance, I've found myself putting them in my pockets getting them scratched and on one occasion loosing one.
I think if you can do the job and more with just 2 filters at a reasonable cost of $39.00 it's more than enough for OP, I don't believe that other manufacturers filters will enhance your footage more than these filters will, and I have used most manufacturers filters.

I know in parts it sounds like an advertisement, but I'm being very serious about this, I see no great difference in quality, I believe this is a quality product, I think we can lose the run of ourselves when trying to dress up the OP, I think spending 10% of the cost of the unit is more than enough to get reasonable quality finishes.

I will later on next week post some images weather permitting .

5C8702BB-8D39-4B20-8EEA-F516476CD706.jpeg
2019-12-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EEA0FDF2-3044-4197-B421-3608EAF44A0D.jpeg
2019-12-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this amazing accessory with us. Great find. Cheers!
2019-12-7
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Very interesting but dividing two lenses at ND32 and ND64 is missed opportunity.
Because between that is the most commonly used range for me.

Great that they added numbered dial and it is relatively cheap.
I wonder how would it's cross bending is like.
2019-12-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tide Posted at 12-7 09:08
Very interesting but dividing two lenses at ND32 and ND64 is missed opportunity.
Because between that is the most commonly used range for me.

Hi Tide, regarding cross bending , I haven’t seen anything that would offend me I purposely try to look at videos and photos and judge them by how the seem to me and from what I’ve seen and compared to other footage I have with other filters, these are very good.
I know that some people like to tear down most things trying to look for minute to big difference and that’s fine for them.
I believe a good wine is a wine that tastes good to you .

I have been around photography for a long time but don’t get that much involved in the whole science of it, but I feel that I have a good eye for photography taken well and with thought.
I will if I get the chance post some images next week for others to scrutinize, I’m also not sure why they separated this way, I would also have liked to see second filter to go as far as a 10 stop.

I will say I will now be leaving all my filters except wide angle at home from no on this way is just so much simpler.
2019-12-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-7 08:15
Hi, thanks for sharing this amazing accessory with us. Great find. Cheers!

Thank you ....
2019-12-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

You're welcome, Hallmark!
2019-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules