Wireless remote for Osmo Action
7395 16 2019-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pbarnwell
lvl.3
United States

Im looking for a Wireless remote for the Osmo Action , I would like to Use the Camera on a Selfie stick and be able to take Selfies or Shoot over a Crowd .. Would like to be able to attach the Remote to the Base (Handle)  of the selfie stick..  not really Comfortable hollaring Take Photo or Start recording in the middle of a Crowd of people. LoL
2019-12-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we don't have available wireless RC for the DJI Osmo Action on our store website. However, hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members here in Forum. Thank you!
2019-12-7
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-7 10:10
Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we don't have available wireless RC for the DJI Osmo Action on our store website. However, hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members here in Forum. Thank you!

I use my phone as my remote. Not as handy as a stand alone remote but i  works for me.
2019-12-7
Use props
pbarnwell
lvl.3
United States

Stinger1 Posted at 12-7 16:31
I use my phone as my remote. Not as handy as a stand alone remote but i  works for me.

Thanks I understand that’s an option, but I would really like a small remote like is available for GoPro that I could mount on my telesin monopod/selfie stick that I could use without looking.. I know there’s a couple different ones on the market , just haven’t been able to find anything to say that they would work with the action
2019-12-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Stinger1 Posted at 12-7 16:31

Yes, it will work using a mobile device using the DJI Mimo application. However, we haven't develop a wireless portable remote controller yet. Please let us know if you have other questions. Thank you!
2019-12-8
Use props
pbarnwell
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-12-7 10:10
Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we don't have available wireless RC for the DJI Osmo Action on our store website. However, hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members here in Forum. Thank you!

Ok I've now actually used the Osmo Action for a Couple weeks and Have found the Voice control to be a Fun little party trick but depending on the backround noise which is impossible to control The camera is either taking pictures on its own or totaly Ignoring when asked to take Photo, Start recording , switch Screens or Shut down..  and the App on the IPhone while it does work Great is really inconvient to use with a Selfie stickcome on guys You Have drones flying all over the world remotely operated this should be a Snap for You to roll out a good quality bluetooth remote...
2020-1-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

pbarnwell Posted at 1-6 13:28
Ok I've now actually used the Osmo Action for a Couple weeks and Have found the Voice control to be a Fun little party trick but depending on the backround noise which is impossible to control The camera is either taking pictures on its own or totaly Ignoring when asked to take Photo, Start recording , switch Screens or Shut down..  and the App on the IPhone while it does work Great is really inconvient to use with a Selfie stickcome on guys You Have drones flying all over the world remotely operated this should be a Snap for You to roll out a good quality bluetooth remote...

Hi, thank you for your response. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated department for attention. For future news and updates regarding the new product, you can check our official website at https://www.dji.com/. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-1-9
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

pbarnwell Posted at 1-6 13:28
Ok I've now actually used the Osmo Action for a Couple weeks and Have found the Voice control to be a Fun little party trick but depending on the backround noise which is impossible to control The camera is either taking pictures on its own or totaly Ignoring when asked to take Photo, Start recording , switch Screens or Shut down..  and the App on the IPhone while it does work Great is really inconvient to use with a Selfie stickcome on guys You Have drones flying all over the world remotely operated this should be a Snap for You to roll out a good quality bluetooth remote...

Yep, the voice control does not work well outside all of the time and I don't think it would work well with two cams.

A small bluetooth or wifi remote with the ability to stop and start at least 2 cams would be ideal.
The remote would also need some type of feedback showing if the cams are recording.
2020-1-10
Use props
Kaushik_bn
lvl.1

United States

DJI,

Are you really hearing our concerns here, or this is just a idle forum.
2020-6-13
Use props
pbarnwell
lvl.3
United States

Kaushik_bn Posted at 6-13 06:28
DJI,

Are you really hearing our concerns here, or this is just a idle forum.

Cricket’s.    As in absolute no concern on DJI’s part ...
2020-6-13
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

You guys musty be new here.... no they don't care.  But the admins will apologize, empathize and let you know they will let the engineers know your concern in the same canned response over and over.
2020-6-13
Use props
pbarnwell
lvl.3
United States

Mr Sepo Posted at 6-13 20:34
You guys musty be new here.... no they don't care.  But the admins will apologize, empathize and let you know they will let the engineers know your concern in the same canned response over and over.

I do agree, I’ve only been here a short time and I’ve seen exactly what You Say...  really sad
2020-6-13
Use props
pbarnwell
lvl.3
United States

Well we’ve waited quite awhile now for this simple update to allow using a wireless remote. .. the othe identical twins to the OA come with a remote... and as of today GoPro has released the hero 9 with a front facing screen... so I’ve just put my OA  and all my accessories up for sale... thanks for nothing DJI
2020-9-16
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

pbarnwell Posted at 9-16 23:00
Well we’ve waited quite awhile now for this simple update to allow using a wireless remote. .. the othe identical twins to the OA come with a remote... and as of today GoPro has released the hero 9 with a front facing screen... so I’ve just put my OA  and all my accessories up for sale... thanks for nothing DJI

Bye.  See you on the GoPro forums.  Wish I could afford a second OA, I'd make an offer.
2020-10-1
Use props
pbarnwell
lvl.3
United States

WebParrot Posted at 10-1 11:12
Bye.  See you on the GoPro forums.  Wish I could afford a second OA, I'd make an offer.

Thank Parrot , the OA sold quickly on ebay....   and i did Buy the GoPro hero 9 , great little camera with 20 megapixel still and 5K video and the finally caught up with OA and have a front Screen.....  Unfortunately as soon as they released it they dropped support for the Smart Remote
2020-10-1
Use props
pyeoh1960
lvl.1
Hong Kong

stephjant Posted at 6-14 13:23
The OA doing its own thing and taking photos unexpectedly is a known problem.  It apparently happens with voice control switched on.  Someone on the Forum suggested I switch off voice control to stop the random photos - and it worked.  I reported the problem to DJI back in October last year - and as per usual nothing happened

Thanks for this useful nugget of info, as I thought my OA was playing up. It was taking pictures randomly and switching to photo mode even though I had it on video. I'm really surprised DJI hasn't come up with a new firmware to fix this annoying issue.
2020-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules