Mavic Mini reset to factory settings guide pls?
38758 13 2019-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_lIxAzs3oT833
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10433 ft
Singapore

I intend to sell away my mavic mini therefore i cant seem to find that restore back to factory settings in the Dji Assistant 2 app under Firmware update. As far as i understand it does work for the other Mavic series.. anyone able to help me out pls??
2019-12-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quick tutorial here:  https://www.hardreset.info/devices/dji/dji-mavic-mini/

UPDATED:  As stated in Post 3 it confirms that this tutorial is incorrect in that it is saying to use Assistant 2 for Phantom vice Assistant 2 for Mini.  Assistant 2 for Phantom does have a hard reset tab but unfortunately Assistant for Mavic does not have a reset tab.

I sent an email to DJI Support on how to hard reset and they have not replied yet.  Will update post when/if I hear back.

2019-12-7
Use props
Afk_81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10433 ft
Singapore

this was method i tried bro, its actually for mavic pro not mini
2019-12-7
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like Mavic mini to me. I have no reason to reset mine so I haven’t tried either. Hopefully if this guide is wrong you might figure it out and give us the correct way to do it should someone else need to.
2019-12-7
Use props
blakamin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68458 ft
Australia

What settings do you think you are you going to restore?
The app saves everything.
2019-12-7
Use props
blakamin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68458 ft
Australia

I wasn't able to edit in time..

The app keeps all the data. If you reset through that, about the only thing the drone will remember is the last home point and RTH height.
Remember, the Mini has no onboard storage like other drones.
2019-12-7
Use props
coyote20
lvl.1

Austria

blakamin Posted at 12-7 22:34
I wasn't able to edit in time..

The app keeps all the data. If you reset through that, about the only thing the drone will remember is the last home point and RTH height.

i don't think so. because i had uninstall the app, deleted all data from smartphone and after a new install, the app know my copters name, and some other informations.
so the copter, i think, has a small storage(chip) inside.
2019-12-28
Use props
the1shark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

coyote20 Posted at 12-28 10:57
i don't think so. because i had uninstall the app, deleted all data from smartphone and after a new install, the app know my copters name, and some other informations.
so the copter, i think, has a small storage(chip) inside.

No, this data is stored on Google servers if you are using Android or your iCloud account, if you are using IOS device.
2019-12-28
Use props
Molto33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22228 ft
France

DowntownRDB Posted at 2019-12-7 12:22
Quick tutorial here:  https://www.hardreset.info/devices/dji/dji-mavic-mini/

UPDATED:  As stated in Post 3 it confirms that this tutorial is incorrect in that it is saying to use Assistant 2 for Phantom vice Assistant 2 for Mini.  Assistant 2 for Phantom does have a hard reset tab but unfortunately Assistant for Mavic does not have a reset tab.

Any news about it ?
I would like to reset mine about the yaw delay controls which isn't present in the factory firmware.
2020-1-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Molto33 Posted at 1-17 05:43
Any news about it ?
I would like to reset mine about the yaw delay controls which isn't present in the factory firmware.

DJI finally replied and said that it is not possible to hard reset MM to factory settings.
2020-1-17
Use props
Espace2020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11119 ft
Switzerland

It is the future customer of the drone that if I am returning, who will not be happy ... seeing for example that the view counter is at 52 .

2020-2-29
Use props
djiuser_bgT0UIZpwb7G
New

Pakistan

My Mvic Mini is strucked. It is not powering on. Can anyone help please? Last time, after a successful flight, it was not powering off, then I removed the battery. After that, it is not powering on.
2020-7-10
Use props
Skydiver021
lvl.4
Serbia

What's happend when reflash with the same firmware version with Dji Assistant 2 app, keep settings or set it to default?
2020-7-11
Use props
djiuser_bB4K4FAe9TVn
New

Indonesia

I was format my sd card and somehow my footage became poor resolution, soni think i should reset my mavi mini?
2020-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules