Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini Cinematic - 2 week
1451 36 2019-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177697 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

I have been flying with mavic mini for about 2 weeks now, and I love this drone. This is my first and only drone.
Mini was able to handle winds of about 38 km/h at altitude of 90m (300ft), and I was able to fly at a distance of 500m in very urban area of UK. I generally get around 22mins of flying with 15% battery remaining on average. I plan to take it out in open in coming weeks, where I can probably push the distance keeping in my mind the drone laws.

I did not experience any problem that many have mentioned about gimbal making noises, but the latest firmware update did fix the compass orientation with respect to the remote.

Below is the link to my mavic mini cinematic video on Youtube, video is restricted to 1080p.

Let me know what you think?

2019-12-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job, really nice you seem to be loving your new bird and what’s not to love about it, your video is very impressive, great music, thanks for posting .
2019-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day swiftwindwalker. Thank you for sharing these beautiful videos you have filmed using your DJI Mavic Mini. You did and amazing work. .
2019-12-7
Use props
luca6686
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531841 ft
Italy

Wow great Job! Wonderfull place
2019-12-7
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-7 12:10
Great job, really nice you seem to be loving your new bird and what’s not to love about it, your video is very impressive, great music, thanks for posting .

Thanks a ton mate, I love the video quality from this bird.
2019-12-7
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-7 12:11
Hello and good day swiftwindwalker. Thank you for sharing these beautiful videos you have filmed using your DJI Mavic Mini. You did and amazing work.  .

Thanks mate, glad you all love it.
2019-12-7
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

luca6686 Posted at 12-7 12:21
Wow great Job! Wonderfull place

Thanks mate, can't wait for a bit of snowfall. I just hope mini can handle the temperature.
2019-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

swiftwindwalker Posted at 12-7 12:41
Thanks mate, glad you all love it.

You are very much welcome swiftwindwalker. Just a friendly reminder that the DJI Mavic Mini's Operating Temperature Range is from 0° to 40°C ( 32° to 104°F ). Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2019-12-7
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-7 12:53
You are very much welcome swiftwindwalker. Just a friendly reminder that the DJI Mavic Mini's Operating Temperature Range is from 0° to 40°C ( 32° to 104°F ). Have a safe and a happy flying always.  .

Oh Yes, I remember and also I'm still not comfortable flying my drone too far from me where It cannot be retrieved in case of any mishaps.
2019-12-7
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for sharing. Sound track and video timing well done. Beautiful area. Keep sharing. Enjoy your flying.
2019-12-7
Use props
fansa029aa8c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568340 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for taking the time to share your videos with us Skywalker. I always enjoy watching videos from other parts of the world. Very well done including the music.
2019-12-7
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djicheaha Posted at 12-7 14:58
Thank you for sharing. Sound track and video timing well done. Beautiful area. Keep sharing. Enjoy your flying.

Thanks mate, much appreciated
2019-12-7
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fansa029aa8c Posted at 12-7 15:51
Thank you for taking the time to share your videos with us Skywalker. I always enjoy watching videos from other parts of the world. Very well done including the music.

Thanks mate, same here.
Just keeping my fingers crossed for DJI to support google support for this drone, the drone is perfect size for an FPV.
2019-12-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome footage and flying. Thanks for sharing.
2019-12-8
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Nice footage and flying. Music goes real good with it, where you flying right over a road? love the downward shots.
2019-12-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

swiftwindwalker Posted at 12-7 14:15
Oh Yes, I remember and also I'm still not comfortable flying my drone too far from me where It cannot be retrieved in case of any mishaps.

That is great wot know swiftwindwalker and thank you for sharing this additional information. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2019-12-8
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

That was relaxing and really easy to watch. Nice flying, very smooth movements.
2019-12-8
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 12-8 04:59
Awesome footage and flying. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers mate !!
2019-12-9
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-8 09:33
Nice footage and flying. Music goes real good with it, where you flying right over a road? love the downward shots.

Thanks mate, was flying just over the side of the park and where the main road met. My favourite shot was the downward shot as well, gave it a different meaning to the shot clip.
2019-12-9
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-8 14:04
That is great wot know swiftwindwalker and thank you for sharing this additional information. Have a safe and a happy flying always.  .

Same to you
2019-12-9
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Prairie Chicken Posted at 12-8 19:33
That was relaxing and really easy to watch. Nice flying, very smooth movements.

Thanks for the kind words mate.
2019-12-9
Use props
kiminx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

good clips
2019-12-9
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Cheers mate !!
2019-12-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

swiftwindwalker Posted at 12-9 05:27
Thanks mate, was flying just over the side of the park and where the main road met. My favourite shot was the downward shot as well, gave it a different meaning to the shot clip.

It doesnt seems so obvious at first be being one of the tricks only a drone can do, is deffinitely one of the best looking shots, well odne!
2019-12-9
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-9 09:33
It doesnt seems so obvious at first be being one of the tricks only a drone can do, is deffinitely one of the best looking shots, well odne!

Thanks mate, hopefully with a bit more flying experience I will try to fly over water to take better shot.
2019-12-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cheers
2019-12-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

swiftwindwalker Posted at 12-9 14:05
Thanks mate, hopefully with a bit more flying experience I will try to fly over water to take better shot.

Water is cool, I had my first flight near a lake the other day and while I was very tense, didn't go very far... the reflexions, like a mirror of the scenery was awesome... just the shore line looking down creates this divided composition that is very nice and engaging...
2019-12-10
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-10 01:44
Water is cool, I had my first flight near a lake the other day and while I was very tense, didn't go very far... the reflexions, like a mirror of the scenery was awesome... just the shore line looking down creates this divided composition that is very nice and engaging...

Yeah that would look surreal, probably something like flying low over water (hopefully avoiding the auto landing problem another forum user experienced) and then slowly tilting the gimbal upward to show a mountain or an object of interest will look good. By the way do you fly in airplane mode by any chance? and how has your experience in regards to connectivity between drone and the controller?
2019-12-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

swiftwindwalker Posted at 12-10 14:47
Yeah that would look surreal, probably something like flying low over water (hopefully avoiding the auto landing problem another forum user experienced) and then slowly tilting the gimbal upward to show a mountain or an object of interest will look good. By the way do you fly in airplane mode by any chance? and how has your experience in regards to connectivity between drone and the controller?

I'm always flying in airplane mode and so far had no issues regarding signal loss. Not taking chances by flying too far, so far 200m has been my limit.
2019-12-11
Use props
Zotya
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510945 ft

Hungary

Good video! Nice shot! Thanks for sharing!
2019-12-11
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-11 03:03
I'm always flying in airplane mode and so far had no issues regarding signal loss. Not taking chances by flying too far, so far 200m has been my limit.

Ahh I will give airplane mode a try, the only thing holding me back was not able to cache the map on the DJI Fly app.
2019-12-11
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Zotya Posted at 12-11 03:44
Good video! Nice shot! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Zotya
2019-12-11
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

swiftwindwalker Posted at 12-11 04:55
Ahh I will give airplane mode a try, the only thing holding me back was not able to cache the map on the DJI Fly app.

I thought the same but fly logs are all being stored correctly in my app.
Still puzzles me why the manual is contradictory in that regard.
2019-12-11
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-11 09:56
I thought the same but fly logs are all being stored correctly in my app.
Still puzzles me why the manual is contradictory in that regard.

I think that's because the flight logs are stored on the memory card on drone, and drone has its own GPS. When you sync your flight data with your app, you retrieve the information from the data on memory card but if you are on airplane, I don't think you will be able to view the live map while flying. I have not tried it yet, but this is what I think.
2019-12-12
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

swiftwindwalker Posted at 12-12 15:56
I think that's because the flight logs are stored on the memory card on drone, and drone has its own GPS. When you sync your flight data with your app, you retrieve the information from the data on memory card but if you are on airplane, I don't think you will be able to view the live map while flying. I have not tried it yet, but this is what I think.

I can confirm that the fly logs in my phone are correctly saved, I can play the back in my phone and I have managed to transfer them to airdata.
I also used the live map in DJI FLY APP and it worked great the orientation of AC and RC controller is spot on so yeah it works.
2019-12-13
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-13 02:03
I can confirm that the fly logs in my phone are correctly saved, I can play the back in my phone and I have managed to transfer them to airdata.
I also used the live map in DJI FLY APP and it worked great the orientation of AC and RC controller is spot on so yeah it works.

Thanks mate, I'm guessing then the app is using offline maps from the google maps. I wanted to test this weekend, but the weather hasn't been kind. It was a bit sunny but winds were over 32mph at ground level, didn't want to risk flying.
2019-12-15
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Makes sense, pretty bad weather here too.
2019-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules