Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Need add "Airplane Mode" to Osmo Action. Battery saver
2064 4 2019-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Baron Davis
lvl.1
United States

For development DJI team - please add "Airplane Mode" in your new firmware for Osmo Action Camera.
Really need add Wi-Fi and  Bluetooth option for turn them OFF.
Its definitely save battery and make less RF radiation for users while they carry the camera on their head or chest
One guy made video about. YouTube search >> "DJI Osmo Camera - RF Radiation". In next firmware please add it. Thanks

2019-12-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Baron Davis. Thank you for sharing this information and for your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will forward this thread and these information to the designated DJI department fro further attention and evaluation. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-8
Use props
fansd5b07773
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-12-8 11:30
Hello and good day Baron Davis. Thank you for sharing this information and for your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will forward this thread and these information to the designated DJI department fro further attention and evaluation. Thank you for your valued support.

Hello! What's the status on this? The radio on the osmo is very powerful and causes severe interruption with my instrumentation. I just bought the unit but won't be able to keep it unless there is a way to turn off the various radios. I can't imagine the FCC or FAA would be too happy knowing there are radios this strong being used in flights without them being able to be turned off.
Thanks!
2021-3-19
Use props
msl
New

Poland

Definitely necessary function. Without disabling radios Osmo Action cannot be used on planes and causes interference with e.g. GPS devices.
2021-7-6
Use props
Baron Davis
lvl.1
United States

the message was made 2019-12-8
it's 2023 now, they (the development team) didn't do anything, they just don't care about customers,
terrible support for our requests
there is no flight mode in the new osmo action 3, only 5G or 2.4G is available, and that's it,

so 4 years is not enough to make the option to disable any wireless connection

even for our safety when carrying, wear on the body (esp near the heart or head)

but for some reason the gopro 9 has such an option (+ no soft focus issue), hmm strange, right...
2023-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules