CANON EOS 90D APP compatability with Ronin S
2396 4 2019-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jon3067
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi

Has anyone managed to get this combo to work - Gimbal manged the weight fine, and I really want to use the new app features - but no matter what I do. the camera is not recognised by the APP - I foolishly thought that the new compatability with the 80D would also allow it to work with the 90D...

2019-12-8
Use props
jon3067
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A small update. Using the IRR Ronin Cable, there is functionality for the 'create' features - essentially it will trigger stop / start functions from the App or from the Ronin onboard control. The caveat to this is that it DOESNT work at all if you are outputting a 'clean' HDMI file - so can't use an external recorder.
2019-12-13
Use props
AirAspects
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1461335 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is really stupid.  I've tried using the IR cable.  You have to line it up really carefully,  and then the cable slips..

Why not just release a universal 1-pin plug option,  like a handheld button shutter release cable?  Those should be compatible with all of a certain brands cameras.
Like this (only cheaper..)     https://www.amazon.com/ZITAY-Con ... ease/dp/B07ZJCDCK8/
2020-2-12
Use props
Modito
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97051 ft
Spain

Hi guys,

I just purchased a Ronin SC and found out it is not compatible yet with EOS 90D. After reading this forum, I understood that DJI will not make it compatible with this DSLR camera. What a shame, as 90D is probably the top seller DSLR APSC sensor camera of 2020. Anyway, I just read in the forum that Weebill will work fine, so unfortunately i will have to return my Ronin SC back to Amazon.

DJI.... learn!
2020-4-15
Use props
Malfius
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141017 ft
United Kingdom

We need support for the 90D please
2020-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now