How do I get DJI support on their product defects?
1329 4 2014-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronedrone
New

South Korea

When I input my request in http://www.dji.com/support/report-problem, I got e-mail from DJI support but I guess it is robot or auto response system.
After robot or auto response system response my request, they never update the profress.
Anyone know how we get support from DJI on their product defects?

Your request (33480) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

DJI Support (DJI)            

Nov 10 16:47            

Products: Phantom 2 Vision+ with Extra Battery
        Name: personal information
        Email: personal information
        Dealers: DJI online store
        Tel: personal information
        Subject: GPS Module dose not work

Whenever I try to get GPS signal from satellites, it always fail even other people's  Phantom 2 vision + get signal easily.
  As you know very well, without GPS support for beginner, it is really difficult to control Phantom.
  When I up throttle bar to fly, the quadcopter moves to unexpected direction, finally it smashed and crashed .
  Unfortunate my quadcopter's gimbal bar, which is located between Mounting Bracket and motor , was bent.   

Please let me know, how you support your problem around GPS module.
  In addition, I want to get free service for bent gimbal bar between Mounting Bracket and motor.  

I am looking forward your response.  

Best Regards,  

DJI Innovations  

2014-11-16
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I would suggest you read your manual, using this product in such conditions is not advised.
If there was a gps issue I wouldn't have flown...   
Its the same principle as general aircraft,  there are checklists and certain failsafe's that must be adhered to and any system that is not working is then used at your own risk....  in aircraft you would not risk it and would be grounded......

Its unfortunate you have crashed your unit whilst using it with no gps, and although this is possible in manual mode, attI etc....  Unless you are very familiar with the controls it is not for novice users.

Did you complete your flight training?  

Expecting DJI to replace your unit, due to your decision to try and fly even though you were aware of the issues, well, it is not very likely to happen.  You will more than likely end up with a repair bill and a long time waiting for service.

Do you have video of the event?

2014-11-16
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I have never been in a satiation without GPS lock, but I do fly in ATTI mode a lot and its really not that scary.
Yes it will drift in the wind, but that's it, it will hold altitude and when you let go of the sticks it will stop and hover (if not much wind).
Manual mode is another story and not one I will be trying ever....
2014-11-16
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-11-17 00:41
I have never been in a satiation without GPS lock, but I do fly in ATTI mode a lot and its really no ...

This this this. Its hard to believe the horror stories people have when GPS hold doesn't work.The Phantom defaults to ATTI mode which is still very easy to fly.
You still have altitude lock and great stability, you just have to control horizontal drift a bit.
I always recommend pilots not primarily rely on GPS mode and get a feel for ATTI. Not only is it surprisingly easy to fly, you'll know how to keep from crashing should your GPS lose satellites.

I mostly use ATTI, and rely on GPS for photos or tight spots. GPS is great to fly in, but shouldn't be your only ability to fly your investment.
2014-11-16
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Let's face it, GPS is like flying in auto-pilot: a nudge here, a tweak there, is all that's needed to keep it aloft and out of trouble. It's this that gives out-of-the-box newbies a false sense of security. Once you take away GPS, say, by lack of satellites, there's still plenty of smarts to keep the copter up there, but the skill set to cope with the change of circumstances just isn't there and confidence take a hit. Next step: panic. From here on end, anything goes.

Best way to get a solid flying skill foundation is to fly a Hubsan (or similar) for a few weeks. There's no way you're going to learn how to fly R/C without your fair share of crashes, so better you annihilate your $80 toy than your $1800 pride and joy.
2014-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules