Battery issue: MA turns into a brick. Please help!
771 4 2019-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pat_Montreal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1533199 ft
Canada

Hello all,

I never had an issue with my MA until when during a flight the drone decided do go down like a brick.

I was extremely lucky to fly at high altitude and after a drop of 70 m ( 210 ft) the MA regain control and I succeed to recover it without physical damage.

I sent the MA to DJI and they concluded the problem is the IMU unit and the drone needs a repair or a replacement. DJI refused to investigate the log file and they just send the invoice for a repair. ( My MA is 18 months old).

Since DJI was refusing to help me with a real troubleshooting, I asked for help on this forum. I was very pleasantly surprised to get a lot of help and good advice from forum members. WOW! The conclusion I had from the forum is that the battery is defective.

When I challenged DJI and asked if they are sure the issue is the drone and not the battery they responded very evasively: the MA is not in warranty and they do not care too much.

BTW: the MA is in out of warranty, but the battery is 4 months old. For a battery the warranty is 6 months. IMO, DJI is not released from the obligation to give customer support. Even if a product is completely out of warranty the manufacturer is still responsible to give a minimum of support. But this is just my opinion.

Here my question: how can I determine which battery was used during the flight? I never took note, so I must rely on the flight log. Please, anyone could help? I have 3 batteries and it looks like one of them is defective.

Note: as per DJI email a battery is defective if there is a voltage difference greater than 0,1v between the cells. In my case the voltage difference was 0,13V.(see log)

The log file is here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AcmEMrwKzneKB6xfWQjupPpFVAjmkBeZ/view?usp=sharing

The 93 seconds video with the flying brick ( MA) is here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cdF1cybojFgi9Z1FdW64ZRejBrl9jB92/view?usp=sharing

Any comments will be appreciated,

Thank you

Pat

2019-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Pat, we are sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. We managed to get your case number via your forum account, it has been escalated to the higher-level team, we'll have someone contact you within working hours. We hope the issue will be sorted out soon. Should there any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2019-12-8
Use props
Pat_Montreal
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-8 19:51
Hi Pat, we are sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. We managed to get your case number via your forum account, it has been escalated to the higher-level team, we'll have someone contact you within working hours. We hope the issue will be sorted out soon. Should there any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Hello Nadia,
It will be very nice from you if you succeed to convince your technical department to have a look to my case.
Thank you ,
Pat
2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Pat_Montreal Posted at 12-10 15:37
Hello Nadia,
It will be very nice from you if you succeed to convince your technical department to have a look to my case.
Thank you ,

You're welcome, Pat. Our team has contacted you via email, we hope the issue will be sorted out soon.
2019-12-10
Use props
Pat_Montreal
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-10 19:21
You're welcome, Pat. Our team has contacted you via email, we hope the issue will be sorted out soon.

Hi everyone
Just to close this subject: dji accepted to analyze the file log and they confirmed me the battery SN.
Also a forum user did the same for me.

Thx
2019-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules