1812 8 2019-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chokichoki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125472 ft
Brunei

Hi everyone

I noticed that in Sports mode, when i have the  gimbal angled 90 degrees down, the gimbal motors are unable to  compensate for the high speeds of the MM.
This resulted in the gimbal being moved, with jerky video.

I attached a video to show what i mean:

1. At the beginning of the video, I am moving forwards at full speed in Sports mode.
2. Then I let go of the joystick, which causes the MM to stop ASAP.
3. The gimbal then moves forward (motors unable to compensate for the forward momentum)
4. I then readjust the gimbal to 90 degrees down and fly to the right.

Does anyone else's MM do that or do i have a faulty one?

I know Sports mode isn't for cinematography but i just wanted to test it out and noticed this issue.

This only happens in sports mode when the drone is moving fast.
It doesn't occur during C or P mode

2019-12-8
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
China

Common issue, probably just gimbal protection algorithm designed for extreme angles.
2019-12-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. The sudden acceleration and deceleration of the drone may affect the movement of the gimbal during sports mode. Please refer to the image, I will be posting for further details, Thank you for your valued support and safe flying.

2019-12-9
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-9 11:42
Hi. Thank for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. The sudden acceleration and deceleration of the drone may affect the movement of the gimbal during sports mode. Please refer to the image, I will be posting for further details, Thank you for your valued support and safe flying.

[view_image]
I think you have misunderstood the original post.

I believe the OP is referring to this:
SharedScreenshot.jpg
First - moving forward facing ground at the right angle
Second - full quick stop (drone changes angle to quickly decelerate - gimbal can't go into negative angle to keep facing earth at the right angle
Third - becomes static - gimbal does not automatically return to right angle - it stays in the shifted "physically possible" angle

So a future "Firmware fix" could be - return to the right angle towards the ground after extreme conditions, that had to be compensated?

I don't think you have a faulty MM since I can't image how could any mavic mini compensate this...
2019-12-9
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Same thing happens if you're flying left in S mode and suddenly try to go right. The drone will shift its angle so much that it's not possible for the gimball to compensate.
2019-12-9
Use props
chokichoki
lvl.1
Brunei

Gu5s Posted at 12-9 11:47

Thanks

you are correct
2019-12-9
Use props
chokichoki
lvl.1
Brunei

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-9 11:42

[view_image]

Sorry paladin

i understand what you are trying to say but thats not the issue

Gu5s is correct
2019-12-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Nice graphic.
I experienced this too in sports mode and it makes sense, since it reaches the physical limit of the gimbal or to prevent damage.
2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for providing more information with regards to the gimbal of the drone. I will forward this thread/concern to our designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2019-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules