Will Osmo Pocket 2 come out?
23251 21 2019-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chaneee
New

South Korea

Are there any rumors or leaks about Osmo Pocket2?

Thinking about buying osmo pocket while its on sale, but osmo pocket was released in Dec. 15 2018
Do you guys think dji will be releasing osmo pocket 2 sooner or later?
2019-12-9
Use props
diraMusic
lvl.1

India

+1
I also want to know answer of this question.
2019-12-9
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

I wasn't aware it was gay.

Pick up one of these ...

8ballicon.png
2019-12-9
Use props
Mr Monio
lvl.4

Ireland

The current model seems to have been received well, DJI continues to invest time into developing its firmware, the original retail price remained stable for longer than e.g. that of the OA, so they seem committed.  The main problem still is the relative lack of a serious competition. Yes, there are somewhat similar products on the market already and some more in development, but all in all it's not enough to force DJI to release an update already, regardless if they themselves consider OP sales thus far as a success or not, so they may choose not to release a successor for up to another year or longer. Just a speculation. The current sale is on until Dec 29 - if DJI don't release OP2 in the next few days, they won't do that for at least 2 months or so, because it's generally a bad time for product launches, so you should be in a good position to decide.
2019-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day chaneee. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. As of the moment we don't have any information regarding DJI's future products, please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support.
2019-12-9
Use props
Sarbbottam
lvl.2
United States

https://www.indiegogo.com/projec ... th-all-your-needs#/  seems to be a better alternative
2020-1-28
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2508911 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

this is why DJI wont to update OP with DNG for Timelapses.
crapy company marketing.
2020-1-29
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ukraine

crapy company marketing.
2020-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

sincabeza Posted at 1-29 00:10
crapy company marketing.

You should be able to create raw time lapse manually, so there is some option there, dji have updated and improved Osmo pocket on 12 different occasions and on top of that great improvement to dji Mimo app, yet you call them a crappy company, really what is it your looking for. Osmo pocket is a great little camera and probably the best small camera I’ve ever purchased .
2020-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think we might see a pocket 2, hopefully with a 360 and a 1” swapable lens, I think insta has shown the way here and I expect dji to respond, I only hope they do similar for Mavic 3 .
2020-1-29
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received mine yesterday and it's not as good as the OP at launch, much less now. The added features are nice but while Snoppa have decent experience with gimbal. This is their first camera product and it will take a lot of work to get their firmware to the current OP level. Now that it's been done by another company, I'm sure DJI will incorporate all this new feature in their next version. Given their track records on their other products, I expect an Osmo Pocket 2 will be available sometime this year or early next year. Here's 2 short clips I've taken with the Vmate and my OP this morning in my office, you can see that they OP still gives a much better picture.

Here's the Vmate clip:

and here's the OP clip:

I also took a couple clip this afternoon outdoor, I'll have them here soon as they are uploaded.

2020-1-29
Use props
Sarbbottam
lvl.2
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 1-29 15:39
I just received mine yesterday and it's not as good as the OP at launch, much less now. The added features are nice but while Snoppa have decent experience with gimbal. This is their first camera product and it will take a lot of work to get their firmware to the current OP level. Now that it's been done by another company, I'm sure DJI will incorporate all this new feature in their next version. Given their track records on their other products, I expect an Osmo Pocket 2 will be available sometime this year or early next year. Here's 2 short clips I've taken with the Vmate and my OP this morning in my office, you can see that they OP still gives a much better picture.

Here's the Vmate clip:

Thank you Wiz for sharing the footage.
2020-1-30
Use props
Sarbbottam
lvl.2
United States

I hope DJI will release OP 2 soon.
2020-1-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The Fimi Palm is another 'competitor' but also has significant issues at the moment, including some which are hardware-related and will not be fixable in firmware.  Right now, I'm not seeing a "Pocket killer" on the horizon, unless DJI make it themselves!

However, we have to bear in mind that there are dozens of DSLR cameras on the market which bear a superficial resemblance to each other, but which address different needs, user priorities, and budgets.  Nobody says "what is the best DSLR camera" and expects the lower price ones to complete with the most costly.  There's space in the gimbal camera market for a variety of models, I'd say, with an emphasis on different features and at different prices.
2020-1-31
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ukraine

hallmark007 Posted at 1-29 11:40
You should be able to create raw time lapse manually, so there is some option there, dji have updated and improved Osmo pocket on 12 different occasions and on top of that great improvement to dji Mimo app, yet you call them a crappy company, really what is it your looking for. Osmo pocket is a great little camera and probably the best small camera I’ve ever purchased .

can you show me please how I can use DNG in Timelapse ?
do you understand what you are talking about ?
2020-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sincabeza Posted at 2-1 21:33
can you show me please how I can use DNG in Timelapse ?
do you understand what you are talking about ?

Time lapse is just a continuous stream of photographs being taken one after the other at regular intervals , so one you can stand somewhere and continue to take photos for a limited period in raw, then simply put them into Lightroom or some other software and they will put your raw time lapse together as well as allowing you to edit all or individual photos.

You can also set timer to 2 second intervals to take as many raw photos as you like until battery runs out and do same with software .

Believe me you will have a huge file and will need a good computer, but remember you expect the tiny Osmo to preform this with its tiny CPU .
2020-2-2
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ukraine

hallmark007 Posted at 2-2 02:54
Time lapse is just a continuous stream of photographs being taken one after the other at regular intervals , so one you can stand somewhere and continue to take photos for a limited period in raw, then simply put them into Lightroom or some other software and they will put your raw time lapse together as well as allowing you to edit all or individual photos.

You can also set timer to 2 second intervals to take as many raw photos as you like until battery runs out and do same with software .

I think you realy dont understand you're talkig about.

1. CPU need less time to write DNG instead of compressed JPEG.
2. Osmo Pocket CPU can do that easy.
3. DJI wont add this feature to OP, because of OP2 will come out soon.

2020-2-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sincabeza Posted at 2-4 11:10

Such BS, Osmo pocket 2 will be the 4th Osmo and we haven’t seen it in any of them, on Mavic 2 they will allow you save them but only for manual stitching, I think it’s you who hasn’t a clue .
2020-2-4
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Hope that DJI not wake up to late as Intel when Amd make new processors.
Intel was a leader but now is way after Amd with quality / speed and price...
2020-2-16
Use props
MM_Pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94580 ft
Spain

sincabeza Posted at 2-4 11:10

3. Not so soon ;)

2020-2-17
Use props
JamesDory
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19948 ft
Vietnam

DJI Osmo Pocket 2 will be released on October 20. But not yet knowing any new features.
2020-9-26
Use props
acidgreen
lvl.1

Austria

JamesDory Posted at 9-26 00:19
DJI Osmo Pocket 2 will be released on October 20. But not yet knowing any new features.

for sure? where do you have the info from?
2020-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules