Video Interference RECORDED IN VIDEO FILE
723 10 2019-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J_G
lvl.1
United States

Very bad flickering/artifacts and vertical lines recorded in the video. Issue starts at 0:39 in embedded video - this is the original file straight off the SD card. I thought it was bad interference between the drone and controller, but it was in the recorded video. The previous mission, I flew near a hospital, and this interference started then and even stopped the video recording without my input. But I recorded several videos on this mission with no issue prior to it starting again on this video.

Any ideas what is causing this and how to address it? Did some medical equipment fry a piece of my hardware? Or is this a software issue?

2019-12-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. With regards to the said issue. I would recommend to please try to reset your camera setting and do a firmware refresh to isolate the issue. If the issue still persists, please try to back up your files on the SD card then format the SD card. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-12-9
Use props
J_G
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-9 09:23
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. With regards to the said issue. I would recommend to please try to reset your camera setting and do a firmware refresh to isolate the issue. If the issue still persists, please try to back up your files on the SD card then format the SD card. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Thank you. It says the firmware is up to date. How do I reload the most recent firmware?
2019-12-9
Use props
J_G
lvl.1
United States

J_G Posted at 12-9 10:00
Thank you. It says the firmware is up to date. How do I reload the most recent firmware?

Nevermind. I was able to find it in the DJI Assistant software. Refreshing firmware now.
2019-12-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

J_G Posted at 12-9 10:00

Hi, Thank you for the additional inquiry, For refreshing the firmware for the said drone. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 from this link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... t-dji-2-for-phantom ). In addition, I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial video for refreshing/updating of the said drone using the DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2019-12-9
Use props
J_G
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-9 09:23
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. With regards to the said issue. I would recommend to please try to reset your camera setting and do a firmware refresh to isolate the issue. If the issue still persists, please try to back up your files on the SD card then format the SD card. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

I refreshed the firmware and then flew again today. I'm still having the issue with video and also photos are messed up. Example image from today:

Not every photo, and not every video are having issues, but it is occurring with a high frequency. Need a quick resolution as this is a commercial drone and I have projects to complete.
2019-12-11
Use props
J_G
lvl.1
United States

Update: I just reformatted the SD card and that did not fix the issue.
2019-12-11
Use props
J_G
lvl.1
United States

I still need help resolving this issue. Have you ever seen anything like the example video and photo I posted?
2019-12-12
Use props
J_G
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-9 14:56
Hi, Thank you for the additional inquiry, For refreshing the firmware for the said drone. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 from this link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-phantom ). In addition, I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial video for refreshing/updating of the said drone using the DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvQYXrZeZM

What are the next steps in resolving this issue? I need to get back up in the air next week.
2019-12-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

J_G Posted at 12-13 10:03
What are the next steps in resolving this issue? I need to get back up in the air next week.

I am sorry to know that the issue still persisting after the provided troubleshooting. Since the issue still persistent. I would suggest to try a different recommended SD card to isolate the issue, but if the issue still persists. I am sorry to say that the best thing is for you to contact our DJI support team at
( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ) for further diagnosis, analysis and repair. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the drone otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2019-12-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

J_G Posted at 12-13 10:03

I have not seen this sort of fault before, and I have seen plenty of video issues. Can you please advise what SD card you are using?
2019-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules