DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic Mini
5731 6 2019-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dutch937
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322461 ft
Canada

First, i'm quite new in the drone world, so pardon me for bringing up something that I did not know I had to do.
I was under the impression that when a new firmware update came available, it would notify you via the Fly app and you would simply download the update and away you go. Well, I did this with the latest firmware and I have had nothing but issues ever since. The drone was working as it should prior to the update, so I could assume the issues I was having had to be firmware related. I was updating my flight logs on Airdata and I would get many notifications for "Not enough Force/ESC Error". The drone also didn't seem to be acting quite the way it should or was prior to the update ... the update was to make the drone more stable and it is quite the opposite now. It's very unpredictable and has came very close to taking a swim on a couple of occasions (I live on a lake).

I called DJI this morning and talked to their technical support department. I was advised that I needed to download "DJI Assistant 2" for the Mavic Mini and plug the drone into my computer and update the firmware to the drone using this method, as well as updating the firmware via the Fly app.

This was new news to me...I guess I should have read the manual to understand this, at least that is what I was told on the phone this morning.

It's crappy weather today, so will need to test out the drone tommorrow to see if this has fixed the error messages I have been recieving and seeing on Airdata.

2019-12-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the difficulties after the firmware upgrade, you may try our support's suggestion to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 to see if the issue persists.
Here is the video for your reference, please start at 1:02:
2019-12-9
Use props
dutch937
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322461 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-9 19:41
Hi there, sorry for the difficulties after the firmware upgrade, you may try our support's suggestion to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 to see if the issue persists.
Here is the video for your reference, please start at 1:02:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGBLAweLpXo&t=1s

What is nice about having the DJI Assistant 2 is that you can return the drone back to a previous firmware and then update it again with the latest firmware. I have a feeling that the firmware update that I installed the first time had a glitch and created all these issues. I flew the drone this morning (briefly) with the re-installed firmware update and no errors or notifications on Airdata. So, hopefully the problem is fixed.
2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dutch937 Posted at 12-10 08:10
What is nice about having the DJI Assistant 2 is that you can return the drone back to a previous firmware and then update it again with the latest firmware. I have a feeling that the firmware update that I installed the first time had a glitch and created all these issues. I flew the drone this morning (briefly) with the re-installed firmware update and no errors or notifications on Airdata. So, hopefully the problem is fixed.

Glad to know that, please don't hesitate to let us know if there is any other problem.
2019-12-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Assistant 2 is good for rolling back firmware or refreshing the current installation of firmware. Theoretically, big emphasis there. you should be able to update the RC, AC and batteries through the DJI Fly app when it notifies you that there is an update available. You definitely can install new firmware through DJI Assistant 2 as well.
2019-12-14
Use props
sonique6784
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63314 ft
Australia

Is anyone able to tweak Mavic Mini settings, such as Yaw in DJI Assistant 2?
2019-12-16
Use props
RarbS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44934 ft
United States

sonique6784 Posted at 2019-12-16 03:35
Is anyone able to tweak Mavic Mini settings, such as Yaw in DJI Assistant 2?

No. The only options I see in "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic" when connected to the Mavic Mini are:
Firmware Update, Log Export, Simulator.
2020-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules