Gimbal Working, Black Screen, No Functionality.
3561 9 2019-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ronnie_Othman
lvl.2
United States

Just bought this. It's pretty much brand new. Used one time outside. Just bought some accessories for it I was about to test out and I go to turn on the DJI Osmo Pocket & the gimbal starts up but the screen is lit up pitch black. I can't triple tap it to go into selfie-mode. The gimbal stops functioning after the successful startup sequence it does. It does however let me turn off itself by holding the power button. I'll hold the button down and the gimbal will do its shut off sequence about 5 seconds after I tell it to & an additional 5 seconds for the blackened monitor to turn off.
I read a previous thread where they said it was due to a corrupted SD Card. The thread stated to have the SD Card removed before turning it ON. That worked a single time successfully. The camera stated there was no SD Card & I just simply inserted it and I could use the Osmo Pocket regularly. I tested out a quick video, threw it on my PC and watched it. Everything was fine. I do the same SD card trick a second time & it stopped working. It went back to being a black screen.

Is there a way to fix this? I still have my 30 day warranty of it on Amazon so I'm still able to return it unless I can find a fix to this. Makes me nervous buying a product and getting technical difficulties this large on my second use...Thanks.
2019-12-9
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

What are the specs of the SD cards you are using? Are they on the aproved list?
2019-12-10
Use props
Ronnie_Othman
lvl.2
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-10 02:40
What are the specs of the SD cards you are using? Are they on the aproved list?

Sandisk Extreme 128gb

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-128GB-Extreme-microSD-Adapter/dp/B07FCMKK5X/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=sandisk+extreme+microsd+128gb&qid=1576013345&sr=8-1
2019-12-10
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

That should be fine. I use the 64gig version with no problems. One thing to remember is never, but never format a card using a PC. Only ever do it in the Osmo Pocket or you could destroy the partitions needed for the cards to work properly.
2019-12-11
Use props
Ronnie_Othman
lvl.2
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-11 00:02
That should be fine. I use the 64gig version with no problems. One thing to remember is never, but never format a card using a PC. Only ever do it in the Osmo Pocket or you could destroy the partitions needed for the cards to work properly.

Even when the SD Card is not inserted it's black. I think I'll just return it and leave a negative review on amazon.
2019-12-11
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Ronnie_Othman Posted at 12-11 15:31
Even when the SD Card is not inserted it's black. I think I'll just return it and leave a negative review on amazon.

Sorry to hear that.
I've had mine since DJI first released it and had no problems with mine at all beyond my phone not being fully compatible, but I knew that before I got it. It's been a valuable bit of kit.
2019-12-11
Use props
JasonWilli
lvl.2

United States

There are many ways to fix SD card corruption, or you can change the memory card. After the online search and found some easy ways to fix corrupted SD card /Memory. Please find the source
; https://www.stellarinfo.com/article/sd-card-recovery.php . It's resolve my SD card issue. I hope this information help you to fix your problem!
2019-12-23
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

It sounds like a faulty unit you received, though, it's still an unfortunate experience.
2019-12-23
Use props
mehmet can
lvl.1

Turkey

i am experiencing same problem in dji pocket 2. unfortunately. any a solutions for it?
2021-2-13
Use props
Justin Janowski
New

United States

So is there anything that fixes this issue yet? I've had mine for less than a week, haven't even used it yet, and now it seems to be bricked already.
Black screen on power up with no functionality. No red blinking light. Gimbal works / moves but that's it.
2021-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules