14688 109 2019-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please post them. I don’t know about anyone else, but I’d love to see it. This is kind of puzzling as to why DJI didn’t come up with a better way to shore the arms up and still come in under their weight goal.
2020-1-6
Use props
djiuser_Wkr6FNKGJ3z8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207100 ft
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-6 14:19
Hi. I am sorry to know that your are experiencing the same issue with your DJI Mavic Mini. For better assistance, kindly please provide a sample photo of the issue for to check and assists you further. Thank you.

I have a video where the problem develops and pictures.

https://we.tl/t-jlGVxcklPH

as you can see in the video when he goes on the drone and makes a stop ... or he drops his arm to vibrate until the propellers touch.
20200104_150516.jpg
2020-1-6
Use props
ThrobThompson
lvl.1
United States

I have a good video as well.  It shows the right arm bending and the blade hitting the aircraft.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/82b97d135e9fc7055b31d3032b13ba1320200107053951/acfee7548bb0c94298c695ce2819fff720200107053951/dd4fdc

DJI support updated my case today explaining that they would be replacing the front arm free of change.  I hope this corrects the issue.  Can't wait to get back in the air!
2020-1-6
Use props
djiuser_Wkr6FNKGJ3z8
lvl.2
Italy

ThrobThompson Posted at 1-6 21:43
I have a good video as well.  It shows the right arm bending and the blade hitting the aircraft.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/82b97d135e9fc7055b31d3032b13ba1320200107053951/acfee7548bb0c94298c695ce2819fff720200107053951/dd4fdc

same problem I showed you on video is the same. Can I ask you a question?
did you replace propellers? one? the couple?
I also opened a case
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for providing this additional information in this photo with us. With regards to this concern. Can you please try to replace both front propellers and try to check if the propellers are still hitting the fuselage of the said drone for us to be able to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-7
Use props
djiuser_Wkr6FNKGJ3z8
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-7 10:54
Hi. Thank you for providing this additional information in this photo with us. With regards to this concern. Can you please try to replace both front propellers and try to check if the propellers are still hitting the fuselage of the said drone for us to be able to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

I tried to perform any operation both software update and propeller replacement ... it seems that the problem persists
I sent the drone for assistance I couldn't even fly
2020-1-7
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_Wkr6FNKGJ3z8 Posted at 1-7 15:30
I tried to perform any operation both software update and propeller replacement ... it seems that the problem persists

How many KM's roughly have you flown your Mini ?
How many times have you flown ?

I have a theory that over time the plastic of the front arms weaken after many flights and that the twist and bend under power load increases causing the propeller strike. The relatively heavy motor  compared to the rest of the front arm placed outboard would create the most stress. Flying in strong wind would also create stress points and bending of the front arms as the AC tries to maintain position

You can see how soft the front arm plastic is by just touching the front legs, you can see it twisting at the motor joint and along the length of the leg. The front arms don't have the same structure design as the rear, to save weight DJI have used a sort of foam/rubber part to fill in the front arms which doesn't add to it's rigidity.
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_Wkr6FNKGJ3z8 Posted at 1-7 15:30

Hi. I am sorry to know that the issue still persists after doing multiple troubleshooting and thank you for the additional information. Rest assured that our DJI support team will their best to assists you with regards to this matter. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-1-8
Use props
ThrobThompson
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Wkr6FNKGJ3z8 Posted at 1-7 00:05
same problem I showed you on video is the same. Can I ask you a question?
did you replace propellers? one? the couple?
I also opened a case

I replaced both propellers on that arm.  Same result.  My instance isn't due to arms weakening as this occurred with less than 40 mins of flight time.  Probably on my 4th or 5th flight.  No crash, hard landing or even high wind.  It is being shipped back from DJI repair now and should be here on Friday.  I believe they replaced the entire arm.  Hopefully this resolved the issue.
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_Wkr6FNKGJ3z8
lvl.2
Italy

mine had 2 flight hours at most. now it should arrive in assistance and I will write the evolution of the situation as soon as I update my case
2020-1-11
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Quite bendy case and arms plastics... probably good in case of an impact but not so when being applied with constant force, like say when you try to pocket it.

Propellers might remember shape too when applied from incorrect storage. I do believe with MM you have to be really careful in this respect.
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_Wkr6FNKGJ3z8
lvl.2
Italy

dji holland received the drone and they write to me that the propeller is ruined and for that the arm vibrates .. I have ruined the propellers because the arm vibrates even with a couple of new propellers ...

please now I don't know how to make him understand. they want me to pay for the replacement of the propellers
2020-1-15
Use props
ninogui
lvl.2

Portugal

If the problem in the end was the propellers I hope that is really a sign of relief ?

(and not:design flaw for arm bending under stress, incorrect arm length, or a factory assembling issue like axis engine placement at wrong angle, wrong screws, the whole set got out of place because of vibration)

or just maybe a bad propeller batch that affected some people ?
2020-1-15
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ninogui Posted at 1-15 11:24
If the problem in the end was the propellers I hope that is really a sign of relief ?

(and not:design flaw for arm bending under stress, incorrect arm length, or a factory assembling issue like axis engine placement at wrong angle, wrong screws, the whole set got out of place because of vibration)

Some owners believe the front arm structural weakness is an issue

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4102555

mavic mini front arm strengthner - Copy.JPG
2020-1-15
Use props
djiuser_kvfo1PkVBhd8
lvl.1
United States

I bought "upgraded" props from amazon and slapped them on and they started rubbing all over my ship in the same two spots as well, (Fuelsalage and arm). It made so much contact with my drone it would stall out of the air from 20 feet up. It stalled and caught itself 5 feet off the ground and I almost lost my mind. So I installed the backup props straight from the DJI factory and they work fine and don't make contact now. Make sure you use new screws each time due to the blue sealing agent on the tip of each screw keeping it airtight. Use only the props from the official DJI store as they use a more sturdy plastic that doesn't flex when you elevate up and down. It really made more contact in sports mode too due to the faster airspeed. I am concerned by the flex of the arms as well though. They don't seem strong and are pretty flexible. Some strengthing of the arms would definitely help the Mavic Mini maintain a longer lifetime.
2020-2-29
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Still haven't occurred for me after the third replacement set of props.
2020-2-29
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_kvfo1PkVBhd8 Posted at 2-29 02:28
I bought "upgraded" props from amazon and slapped them on and they started rubbing all over my ship in the same two spots as well, (Fuelsalage and arm). It made so much contact with my drone it would stall out of the air from 20 feet up. It stalled and caught itself 5 feet off the ground and I almost lost my mind. So I installed the backup props straight from the DJI factory and they work fine and don't make contact now. Make sure you use new screws each time due to the blue sealing agent on the tip of each screw keeping it airtight. Use only the props from the official DJI store as they use a more sturdy plastic that doesn't flex when you elevate up and down. It really made more contact in sports mode too due to the faster airspeed. I am concerned by the flex of the arms as well though. They don't seem strong and are pretty flexible. Some strengthing of the arms would definitely help the Mavic Mini maintain a longer lifetime.

There’s no such thing as upgraded props, check YouTube and you’ll find lots of examples of poor performance of 3rd party props.
2020-2-29
Use props
Xsolent
lvl.1
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 2-29 08:24
There’s no such thing as upgraded props, check YouTube and you’ll find lots of examples of poor performance of 3rd party props.

Screenshot of the prop I got off Amazon.
2020-2-29
Use props
stol20
lvl.1

United States

Dredging up a slightly old post but having the same issue. Front right propeller hitting body just like the others in this thread. Opened up a support ticket today.

In flight, I can see the front arms visibly shaking. I think it's a combination of wind hitting the front antennas just right, twisting the arm slightly, and then a feedback loop starts. Prop hits body, wind twists arm, etc..
2020-3-14
Use props
djiuser_fv0LctOJW7Td
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem as well! It was the right front prop hitting the body and arm at first. After changing all propellers, the left side is now hitting. I am using after market props bought from Amazon so this could be the issue. Has anyone else found a definitive cause for this?
2020-3-18
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Australia

djiuser_fv0LctOJW7Td Posted at 3-18 05:35
I'm having the same problem as well! It was the right front prop hitting the body and arm at first. After changing all propellers, the left side is now hitting. I am using after market props bought from Amazon so this could be the issue. Has anyone else found a definitive cause for this?

Try sticking to orginal props and keep replcing til it is fixed I say. But not too much. I replaced 2 front right and 1 fornt left til the issue goes away. If it still happnes after a whole set replaced I would say you have other issues  like soft arm perhaps
2020-3-19
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have flown over 100 flights without any issue, then my front right hand side prop started hitting the body, you can hear clicks when the AC is close.  I was able to resolve this issue after much experimentation by application of UHMW Tape to the from side of the arm, it only marginally stiffens the arm but it has resolved my issue, I tried sticking the tape to the back of the arm to create a box section but this set up a resonant frequency in the arm and was also very visible in the prop.  I firmly believe the arms degrade / soften or flex more after use.
2020-3-19
Use props
czexican
New
Flight distance : 105075 ft
Czechia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-12-10 08:46
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. This is not the experience, we want you to have with your new DJI Mavic Mini and with DJI. Rest assured that issue will be forwarded to the proper DJI department for evaluation and for us to rectify the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi thank you for your words, what is the answer from DJI depratment, I have same issue?
2020-3-19
Use props
djiuser_JutdXTJ7H27b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119518 ft
United States

I am a couple weeks into the MM, and, after replacing the props with DJI props, they started smacking the front corner of the body. After searching the forums, I learned that each blade has a 2 digit code before the part number that refers to the mold in which the blade was cast. One of my motors -- the one that was smacking -- had B2 and E3 mixed. I swapped out the B2 for another E3, and it seems to have fixed the problem. Make sure that your prop pairs match exactly.
2020-3-26
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Australia

djiuser_JutdXTJ7H27b Posted at 3-26 17:07
I am a couple weeks into the MM, and, after replacing the props with DJI props, they started smacking the front corner of the body. After searching the forums, I learned that each blade has a 2 digit code before the part number that refers to the mold in which the blade was cast. One of my motors -- the one that was smacking -- had B2 and E3 mixed. I swapped out the B2 for another E3, and it seems to have fixed the problem. Make sure that your prop pairs match exactly.

Mixed pairs cause unbalance issues which put extra wear on motors. It is not what causes the flex of the motor so the props strike the body. People have strikes with matched props.
2020-3-26
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 764623 ft
Slovenia

Have the same problem, props hitting the body and arms...

The problem started after 3-4 flights and is still here, after many more flights.
I changed the props ones, but it did not help a lot.

I did not put any more attention to this matter, until I read the posts on the forum.
Now it bugs me
2020-3-27
Use props
Erik713
lvl.1
United States

Guorium Posted at 3-26 18:17
Mixed pairs cause unbalance issues which put extra wear on motors. It is not what causes the flex of the motor so the props strike the body. People have strikes with matched props.

While using the unmatched pair, my front arm vibrated like mad upon descent, causing the blades to occasionally smack the body. Matching the blades seems to have diminished those vibrations.

More testing to come.
2020-3-27
Use props
Erik713
lvl.1
United States

I can state, with certainty, that, in my situation, the mismatched pair of new blades on the front left arm was the culprit. With the blades unbalanced, the arm vibrated in a torquing manner violently at high speeds, especially descending. This vibrating caused the blades on this arm only to strike the body of the drone when the arm was torquing under a high enough load.

By matching the mould numbers (E3) of the new blades on the motor on the front left arm, the vibrating stopped, as did the blades whacking the body.

Although DJI states to replace both blades on a motor at the same time, if those blades come from different packs, it can cause the same problem I experienced.

This may not be your situation or cure, but, if this helps, I'm glad!
2020-3-27
Use props
Luigis
lvl.1
Lithuania

I was heave same problem. First i always got error max power reached, than i change props and it helped. After solved that propblem i got new- props touching body. Today i change props again and after 10min flight looks all good! I dont understand, can be that some dji official props are bad?
2020-4-20
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

Could just be the way your store your drone. MM props are very delicate.

I have no experience with duration but after 3 months of use (I have this unit for 4 months) and 150 Km the props I have except for a minor scuff (caused by landing in unstable tarrain) are shaped exactly like new.

But I take great care to tie them up, put them bundled together and aligned inside the case. I do believe you can inflict quite a substantial damage to the props should you not guide them in place inside the original Fly more case. And even if you did if left dangling without a tie I suspect they might get out of position and pressed flat.
2020-4-20
Use props
LoneRanger4711
New

Germany

I'm having the sam issue with shell hitting props on the right front arm. This issue occurs when flying in P-Mode with moderate speed and returning the steering sticks to the zero position so that the Drone imediately stops. Yesterday i tried to figure out, why this happens. I took a look at the front motors wether the heads of them are parallel to each. I noticed, that the head of the right motor, which strikes the shell, is turned forward down compared to the head of left motor. So for me its no question, why this all happens. The issue doesn't depend on weak props, it depends on the bad position of the right front motor which is turned forwards down and allows the props to hit the shell earlier than on the left side.

Here are some pictures

Here you can see that the plates of the front motors are not in line. The right motor is downward sloping compared to the left motor. The chance of hitting the shell is encreasing due to this issue

This picture shows that the rulers are parallel in order to avoid optical mistakes while taking the first picture.

You can see this issue with the props too.

The props are turned parallel to avoid optical mistakes for the picture above.
2020-4-29
Use props
Luigis4
New
Flight distance : 244449 ft
Lithuania

it is posible how to return motor to his position or only solution is replace the arm (with a new motor) ?
2020-4-30
Use props
Art Vandelay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

I experienced the same exact issue.  My theory is that I was slowing my forward movement way too abruptly and the Mini experienced negative G's and the body was forced upward into the path of the props.  I almost always fly in sport mode at full throttle forward so I'm guessing that I let go of the right stick completely and this caused the thin props to strike the body.  I've been flying more gently lately.  
2020-4-30
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This is now my 3rd set of replacement propellers, these have never been stored in the combo bag.
2020-4-30
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

Try bending it back aiding the process with a hairdryer in its mildly warm setting. I you might want to search the net for front arm reinforcement for the MM. Some may even provide ready to install 3D printed parts (to swap against the filling foam pads).
Otherwise your other way is the official one: be prepared to wait...
2020-4-30
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Australia

LoneRanger4711 Posted at 4-29 22:58
I'm having the sam issue with shell hitting props on the right front arm. This issue occurs when flying in P-Mode with moderate speed and returning the steering sticks to the zero position so that the Drone imediately stops. Yesterday i tried to figure out, why this happens. I took a look at the front motors wether the heads of them are parallel to each. I noticed, that the head of the right motor, which strikes the shell, is turned forward down compared to the head of left motor. So for me its no question, why this all happens. The issue doesn't depend on weak props, it depends on the bad position of the right front motor which is turned forwards down and allows the props to hit the shell earlier than on the left side.

Here are some pictures

Thanks for taking theses photos. Very useful observation I bet. DJI should probably replace that arm
2020-4-30
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So today, I hand lunched and was holding onto the Mini due to windy conditions, when the motors spun up the left leg ( looking forward) started to vibrate and the propeller also started to oscillate and hit the body.  This is the leg that I always have issues with (now on 3rd set of props), I’m sure it’s a combination of vibration in the leg setting up a large oscillating effect in the prop or visa versa.
2020-5-1
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Australia

TDZHDTV Posted at 5-1 10:01
So today, I hand lunched and was holding onto the Mini due to windy conditions, when the motors spun up the left leg ( looking forward) started to vibrate and the propeller also started to oscillate and hit the body.  This is the leg that I always have issues with (now on 3rd set of props), I’m sure it’s a combination of vibration in the leg setting up a large oscillating effect in the prop or visa versa.

Strange. I would say the front ones are definitely softer than the rear ones.
2020-5-1
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

hopefully resolved soon.
2020-5-1
Use props
djiuser_PvZNaIZsyqeM
New

Canada

My mine Mavic crashed twice today cuz the props are touching the fuselage and every time the prop was chipped off and there's a big black marks on the Drone!!!!!! anybody have ideas how to fix it???
2020-5-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules