Firmware 1.70 is it really better or worse
1406 10 2019-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If you see a problem , the site will pass along, and when will you see a fix.?????

these are the replies you get from  this site:

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. With regards to this matter. This issue has been cascaded to our DJI R&D department for further attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Hi. Thank you for sharing informative video you have created after updating the DJI Osmo Action firmware to v01.07.00.20 and for sharing your thoughts regarding this new firmware for the DJI Osmo Action. With regards to the concerns you have pointed out and we noticed on the said video. These issues are already forwarded to the designated DJI R&D team for further evaluation and testing. Thank you.
2019-12-10
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Enough to make someone seasick watching some of that osmo action footage.
2019-12-10
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sorry dji, this is a real step backwards with this stabilisation on this firmware.

No lag is worth nothing if the stabilisation isn’t there.
2019-12-10
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

So rocksteady are no longer the EIS king ? was it even that before the latest patch.

I think its good DJI did not go with my suggestion and made a pepplesteady mode, that would have infuriated people i assume.
2019-12-10
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

peiter Posted at 12-10 13:42
So rocksteady are no longer the EIS king ? was it even that before the latest patch.

I think its good DJI did not go with my suggestion and made a pepplesteady mode, that would have infuriated people i assume.

Sometimes you need more resolution (or FOV) and sometimes you need more stabilization. I guess we really need a "stabilization level" option...
2019-12-10
Use props
zipnguyen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99406 ft
  • >>>
United States

...will DJI do something about the oversharpening? Like the icons on the drones that allow you to adjust custom: contrast, saturation, and sharpening?
2019-12-11
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

They have to, if not giving us options to set it our self, then at least current settings need to be relaxed.
I have argued for a 3-4 step sharpness setting with that is now as the HIGH setting.
Contrast i would also like to be able to mess with but it is hard to tell how much of a change that need.
2019-12-11
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

peiter Posted at 12-11 13:59
They have to, if not giving us options to set it our self, then at least current settings need to be relaxed.
I have argued for a 3-4 step sharpness setting with that is now as the HIGH setting.
Contrast i would also like to be able to mess with but it is hard to tell how much of a change that need.

Since this has been requested from the start I wonder if it is not possible -, maybe this parameter has been set in hardware.

I havnt really played with regular / dcine like - but is the sharpness less in this mode ?
2019-12-11
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MKosmo Posted at 12-11 14:09
Since this has been requested from the start I wonder if it is not possible -, maybe this parameter has been set in hardware.

I havnt really played with regular / dcine like - but is the sharpness less in this mode ?

It's less contrasty so appears less sharp.
I'm delighted with results using cinelike and Paul Leeming's Lut for Osmo Action
2019-12-12
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

I have not played with  Dcine, but i might if it is just slapping a lut on top of things, never really looked into this.
I assume a lut don't work for just any software ( i am on power director 17U )
2019-12-12
Use props
djiuser_abzqX8hfWTuc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156893 ft
Belgium

Is it me or I don't see any problem in the video ? Stabilization seems to work.
2019-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules