Phantom 2 v2 compass on tall landing gear
2470 2 2014-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phillip.edwards
New

United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

I ordered a Phantom 2 a few weeks ago with an H3-3D gimbal. While waiting for stock,  I also ordered a pair of tall landing gears from eBay to ensure the legs wouldn't be in shot, and there was enough clearance for the gimbal/camera when landing on rough ground.

When the Phantom arrived, it was the v2 with uprated motors, props, etc. and the integrated compass. The landing gear arrived and is for the v1, and now I don't know what to do about the compass.

Can I mount the v2 compass on the outside of the v1 landing gear or does it have to be in its little pocket? Can I replace the compass with a v1 and mount it to the landing gear as it would be on a stock v1?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2014-11-16
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Yeah, I've got the tall landing gear on my other Phantoms and I noticed the integrated compass immediately when I got the new Phantom 2 Vision +.  I've been looking around for some different solutions and might have found a couple of options on the Shapeways website but just haven't decided yet.  Thought I'd at least pass it on in case you hadn't seen them.
Leg Extenders.gif
2014-11-16
Use props
Phillip.Edwards
New

United Kingdom

So, I already have the extended legs for the Phantom 2 v1.  Can I mount the v2 compass on the outside of the v1 landing gear or does it have to be in its little pocket? Can I replace the compass with a v1 compass and mount it to the landing gear as it would be on a stock v1?
2014-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules