Care !! Battery lifetime and cost per flight !!
826 5 2019-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stephan W
lvl.1
Germany

Hello dear forum,

first of all sorry for my improvable English.

I just want to inform potential new customers about a fact, I was not aware when I bought a mavic 2 pro incl. DJI care 13,5 month ago for over 2k € (so this is definitly no cheap toy).

After 13 month 3/3 of my batteries had been so severe blown up (deformed on the soft side), that they are even not mountable in the drone anymore. Each batterie was used around 50 times.

I tried to solve that problem with DJI. Their constant reaction is: Normally around 200 charge cycles are guranteed. We are sorry about that, but you are out of the guarantee period and we are sorry but we can´t help you.

Its true, that I am 1,5 month out of the gurantee. BTW I never used the DJI care service for anything.

Its also true that I always used the batteries in the given boundaries (temperature, charging and discharging … etc)

So the conclusion for me is, the price per flight you have to pay is : outrageous

For me its 3 batteries x 50 flights = 150 flights
Costs per batterie = 139,-   Cost for 3 batteries = 417 ,-€

The result is: 2,78 € per flight – according to the kilometers this is more expensive than driving a 8 liter giant US-car !!

To lower the cost per flight for me I asked dji to make me an offer for 3 new batteries for a “better” price that 139,- €. Their reaction again: We are sorry about that, but you are out of the guarantee period and we are sorry but we can´t help you.

I am very very disappointed about that customer care ……

Stephan Wirsing

2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Stephan, we are sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience that you encountered. Regarding the batteries issue, you mentioned that you have contacted DJI, so may we know your case number, please? We'd like to help you check it. Thank you.
2019-12-10
Use props
Stephan W
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-10 19:15
Hi Stephan, we are sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience that you encountered. Regarding the batteries issue, you mentioned that you have contacted DJI, so may we know your case number, please? We'd like to help you check it. Thank you.

Hello Natalia,

many thanks for your reaction !
Of course ... here is the case numer: #2473682 / #2435689

greetings Stephan
2019-12-11
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a very interesting topic Stephan, thanks for sharing
2019-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Stephan W Posted at 12-11 01:21
Hello Natalia,

Sorry for the late response, Stephan. As per check, our team has replied your email, you may refer to the after-sales service polices of DJI from this link:https://www.dji.com/service/policy
We appreciate your kind understanding.
2019-12-15
Use props
djiuser_b1bNLosQQu1T
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142159 ft
United Kingdom

Stephan W Posted at 2019-12-11 01:21
Hello Natalia,

That's interesting.  Would you mind to share with us the outcome from this ?
2020-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules