Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone Experience Poll
123Next >
5957 85 2019-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pnwflier
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_v2FzTipWIpGX Posted at 12-23 11:46
This my 2nd drone to operate, the Mavic Mini was great until this past weekend, the mini was losing power and nose dive every time I would try to travel forward in any mode and no wind, the battery power was 45% and I was watching it just dipping repeatedly , let go of the controls and she would climb back up to altitude, I would move it forward and she would dip again, then she wouldn't respond to my controls and I hit the RTH and she drifted west 1/4 mile away and crashed, she went down at 40% battery, no wind, and had the latest update and calibrated, the locate my drone beep is horrible, you have to be standing almost on top of it to hear it, I have no faith right now, I hope they address this soon, on the shelf now waiting

Has anyone else had the same issues as djiuser_v2FzTipWIpGX?

Seems DJI is making 10's of thousands of MM and as with anything (cars, trucks, boats motorhomes, smart phones etc) some will have issues.

Sounds like time to send your MM back under warranty.

Good luck, i"m sure it's frustrating because all of us just want to fly with no issues...
2019-12-23
Use props
fansd00a9e15
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26260 ft
Germany

It's my first drone and I got it because of its price, weight and battery runtime. Also the video quality is great for my claims. For me it's not a toy, it's more than that. My first outdoor flight was a pleasure as I circled my parent's house manually. Would like to share the video but I think it's not okay because of their privacy.
2019-12-23
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177697 ft
United Kingdom

pnwflier Posted at 12-23 12:06
Has anyone else had the same issues as djiuser_v2FzTipWIpGX?

Seems DJI is making 10's of thousands of MM and as with anything (cars, trucks, boats motorhomes, smart phones etc) some will have issues.

I had a small incident yesterday while flying my mini, while on low battery the auto RTH initiated but my mini drifted away for few seconds as I was reading the distance increasing instead of decreasing. I cancelled auto RTH and lowered the altitude of the drone and manually got it back. As a pilot, one should react to situation accordingly. I'm not sure how many of these cases have been due to pilot error or a technical snag like the other person stated. It would be nice if such analysis be shared of forum.

There is a DJI tutorial which I found helpful (not sure if its applicable to mini per se)

2019-12-23
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 12-11 12:01
Part of my DJI collection and hopefully sometime this century add a Skydio 2 to the shelf when it arrives.

Me too! In batch 1.  
2019-12-23
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only sold off my Air so far. May sell my Mavic Pro. I am keeping my M2P, Inspire and a Thermal Anafi . Skydio 2 on the way and on the watch for M3P or P5P.
2019-12-23
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The fun benefit of "got to get it for my YouTube channel reviews......"  
2019-12-24
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177697 ft
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 12-24 00:33
The fun benefit of "got to get it for my YouTube channel reviews......"

lucky man
2019-12-24
Use props
Alan77505
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058789 ft
  • >>>
United States

My second drone.  I have had a Phantom 4 pro for a couple of years now.  I wanted something small and quiet that is capable of capturing high quality video.
2019-12-24
Use props
G-a-n-t-z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 476591 ft
Russia

This is my first factory drone. all the rest was assembled on the naza flight controller

2019-12-26
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

I have a Phantom 4 - My Phantom 3 went rouge on me, lost contact with my controller and landed in my swimming pool - Bought the Mavic Mini to travel with.
2019-12-26
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

G-a-n-t-z Posted at 12-26 09:39
This is my first factory drone. all the rest was assembled on the naza flight controller

Yep me too, I have one S550 with Naza, one ZMR250, one eachine QX90, one 3d printed custom and one little eachine e010 But mavic mini is my first consumer drone.
2019-12-26
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

I ordered the mini than when I realized that the DJI Fly software does not run on the CrystalSky monitor, I cancelled the order.
2019-12-26
Use props
siowxsen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1952359 ft
Malaysia

1. Mavic Mini is my first drone...

but it need more improvement on stability.
2020-1-1
Use props
ERC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 608629 ft
United Kingdom

The Mavic Mini is my first drone, looked at the Air for ages but decided that the price and noise levels of the mini better suited me while I try out using a drone for the first time.  Can already see me buying the Mavic 2 Pro (or the next release of the Pro).
2020-1-2
Use props
evilsliderboy
New
Flight distance : 290135 ft
Canada

This is my first drone and I think I am getting a little obsessed lol
2020-1-4
Use props
HeirFlick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I answered no 3 but it was bought as a christmas present for my son who keeps wanting to fly my work drones. The App/Phone debacle  saw it returned and means he now has a Parrot Anafi which we have had no issues with and a number of succesful trips out with over the Festive period.
2020-1-5
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Mavic Mini (WAS unfortunately) my first drone, because of...

Convenience. No other drone is so little, so capable compared to its price, so accessible, so easy... so cunning...
... so LOST. 2 days mine took to fly away from me.

But I still like the concept, the product and everything. I'll be back on a Mini shortly (hopefully).
2020-1-5
Use props
sarcrates
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31900 ft
United States

This is my first drone. I'd been looking at it for some time and my mom agreed to it as a Christmas gift.
2020-1-5
Use props
Francoisd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 66352 ft
France

Hello,

The MM is neither my first Drone neither my first aircraft.
Il started with traditional RC helicopters (with flybar at first and flybarless then), I had a MK hexa, after that, A dji F450 with Naza V1 and now it is in Naza V2 and now the mini.
I chose the mini because of it's very little size which allow to take it with me during future traveling (by train) which is not possible with de F450 (drone + radio + chargeur => it is quite large 2 cases to take).
2020-1-5
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still can't find a reason to buy the MM.
2020-1-5
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

swiftwindwalker Posted at 2019-12-11 05:20
This is my first drone and my main reason for purchase was < 250g and a 2.7k with 3 axis gimbal.

i don't think that under 250g thing would be that beneficial, since all drones, carrying a camera or microphone are obligated for registering. also, new ce class certifications will (officially at least) ban you using it in non-open eras (aka, where ever you have people or houses around) after july 2022, since non of thee current drones on the market aren't compy to it.
but you can have fun for two years at least (except register thing), this is what easa give us for christmas, lol. we are so lucky..

p.s.: uk is not leaving eu for at least few years, marrk my words ;)

2020-1-6
Use props
SveinDJI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1273379 ft
Norway

First drone was a self made tricopter.. Take off - Could not hover correctly - Crash - Garbage next! Next one was a Phantom 1, good one but limited flight time and portability made me sell it after a year. This time im trying out the Mini. I have tested both the Mavic pro 1 and Air before.
2020-1-6
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

MM is my first drone, won't be my last.

I bought it because of the price. I could afford to lose $500 if I trashed it or lost it.  

Cheers!
=C=
2020-2-21
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

On my 2nd Mini, still having the same problem that led to the loss of my 1st.
I am mad for this but it's quite unique (although I found a user with the same problem). I very much enjoy the good time Mavic Mini is giving me, and despite battery shortage I plan on sticking with it.

I believe it is a genuinely good product, with a good level of engineering.  You usually climb from the bottom, Mavic Mini makes perfect sense... and is way more practical and less costly  than any other DJI drone and the cheapest real drone that is also a camera, with very decent picture quality and amazing stabilization.
2020-2-21
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not my first Mavic but I really enjoy the ease of use of the MM. Also not worried as much about crashing or losing as it would be much cheaper to replace.
2020-2-21
Use props
Moto_919
lvl.3
Flight distance : 219439 ft
United States

This is my first DJI drone but i have been flying RC for a long time. Mostly airplanes also had a couple small helicopters and drones but then a few years ago i just kind of stopped.

I have always been into photography and after a friend bought a traxxas aton and put a gopro on it i wanted to get something. I would have liked to buy the mavic pro or the air but i didn't want to spend that amount of money on it so i went with the mini fly more.
2020-2-22
Use props
red squirrel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55610 ft
United States

Mini is my first drone.  Price was biggest factor.  I didn’t want to risk crashing a more expensive drone while learning but wanted to learn on a drone of quality.  I didn’t consider portability in my purchasing decision but now that I’m using it, that is a huge draw for me.  I love that I can stash all the gear I need in coat pockets and go out into the world unencumbered.  If it weren’t so petite I likely wouldn’t consider using it as much while doing other things.
2020-2-22
Use props
Ralle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

I have to spark myself. I bought the Mini for a long flight and easy to carry
2020-2-23
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

Mini is 3-rd drone in my "squadron" in addition to Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Air/
2020-2-23
Use props
Tervos.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19108 ft
United Kingdom

First drone. Didn't want to spend a £1K on a drone that I might not fly much.
2020-2-26
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

I had a Parrot Bebop 2 and replaced it with the Mini.
2020-2-26
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

djiuser_v2FzTipWIpGX Posted at 2019-12-23 11:46
This my 2nd drone to operate, the Mavic Mini was great until this past weekend, the mini was losing power and nose dive every time I would try to travel forward in any mode and no wind, the battery power was 45% and I was watching it just dipping repeatedly , let go of the controls and she would climb back up to altitude, I would move it forward and she would dip again, then she wouldn't respond to my controls and I hit the RTH and she drifted west 1/4 mile away and crashed, she went down at 40% battery, no wind, and had the latest update and calibrated, the locate my drone beep is horrible, you have to be standing almost on top of it to hear it, I have no faith right now, I hope they address this soon, on the shelf now waiting

Check your logs and you may have ESC error/Max power warning. I managed to solve the problem for now refreshing the firmware with DJI Assistant. I believe the problem is on the battery firmware update with the Fly app.
2020-2-26
Use props
Brio39
lvl.1
Canada

- first drone affordable, or was <250g a big factor in deciding, or 2.7k with 3 axis gimbal the selling point.
2020-2-27
Use props
Brio39
lvl.1
Canada

- first drone, affordable, <250g, size, 3 axis gimbal and tons of great reviews found on youtube
2020-2-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

First drone. I have always been interested, but didn't want to risk the money. I have flown RC planes before, and that can cost $ but you generally can find them and fix them after a crash. Mavic Mini was cheap enough but still had all of the key DJI features. I am very happy so far. Very impressed that I fly it so far without a lot of fear. I also have Care Refresh.
2020-4-24
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

My second drone, I also have a Spark. I got the MIni because it is permitted to fly it in my area, which was not for the spark. I was looking to buy a Mavic air 2, but now I changed my mind and will probably get the Pro 2.
2020-6-12
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_v2FzTipWIpGX Posted at 2019-12-23 11:46
This my 2nd drone to operate, the Mavic Mini was great until this past weekend, the mini was losing power and nose dive every time I would try to travel forward in any mode and no wind, the battery power was 45% and I was watching it just dipping repeatedly , let go of the controls and she would climb back up to altitude, I would move it forward and she would dip again, then she wouldn't respond to my controls and I hit the RTH and she drifted west 1/4 mile away and crashed, she went down at 40% battery, no wind, and had the latest update and calibrated, the locate my drone beep is horrible, you have to be standing almost on top of it to hear it, I have no faith right now, I hope they address this soon, on the shelf now waiting

wow, this is bad. Did you find it?
2020-6-12
Use props
djitg3k.com
New
United States

First drone (not counting a worthless $10 toy). Just purchased it today. Main selling points for me were the 3-axis gimbal and decent camera specs. The price and positive DJI reputation were also a consideration. I looked at a lot of other drones in the same price range and lower, but none of them checked the boxes as thoroughly as the Mini.
2020-6-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

These: plus the Mavic Pro Alpine White combo

2020-6-13
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

fansd00a9e15 Posted at 2019-12-23 12:55
It's my first drone and I got it because of its price, weight and battery runtime. Also the video quality is great for my claims. For me it's not a toy, it's more than that. My first outdoor flight was a pleasure as I circled my parent's house manually. Would like to share the video but I think it's not okay because of their privacy.

Any drone can be a toy in the hands of some people, and a superb tool in the hands of the more creative people. The limitation is not the tool! Creative people find ways to bypass those limitations and produce amazing results that those who think they have the real tool might not even come close to producing. I have seen people with pro cameras and lenses not even able to produce a decent shot, while some people standing right beside them got amazing shots with consumer grade gear!  
2020-6-13
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules