5771 15 2014-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

Other forums are rumoring gimbal shake during transformation and camera tilt. Can someone with first hand experience either give credibility to this rumor or other otherwise affirimatively state that it is not true. The rumors have started because shake is visible in numerous videos.

2014-11-16
Use props
lucian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49334 ft
Romania

The camera shake is visible even in oficial videos. I hope is hapening only when you take off.
2014-11-16
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

lucian@craiu.ro Posted at 2014-11-17 04:41
The camera shake is visible even in oficial videos. I hope is hapening only when you take off.

Why doesn't the 'team' at Octofilms chime in here?  The  'cinematographer' on staff there shoud be able to answer!
2014-11-16
Use props
hammarlund.carl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12562 ft
Norway

Hi!
This is a very interesting question since I noted the same on the videos. When raising the arms after takeoff there is a significant shake on the gimball. Is this the case when flying/mauvering too? An official reply from DJI is expected?
2014-11-17
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
United States

The shake is more obvious during transform, and it has been improved in the production version. The official video used a late beta unit. During the flight, the gimbal is very stable, and you can tell that by the smooth video image in a lot video of inspire 1. Hope this clarification helps.
2014-11-17
Use props
SpreadingWings
lvl.2

Australia

DJI-JS Posted at 2014-11-18 02:30
The shake is more obvious during transform, and it has been improved in the production version. The  ...

i seen one of the reviewers video .. the gimbal footage showing lots of micro-vibrations.. I hope the quality of the built in gimbal is at par with the Zenmuse family.
2014-11-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think that you will be disappointed in the gimbal.  People place too much emphasis on the preproduction units.  Yes we are guilty as well.  I have flown many of them and when you are on beta hardware and firmware the results can be variable.  But that is why we have them tested so when they are shipped to you they are sorted out.
2014-11-17
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Well stated tahoe ed.  Perhaps thats why you have eliminated that dreadful 'being the scenes; video that Octofilms did...the footage. was horrible!  Perhaps a beta version?
2014-11-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2014-11-18 10:59
Well stated tahoe ed.  Perhaps thats why you have eliminated that dreadful 'being the scenes; video  ...

You are correct.
2014-11-18
Use props
veen89q
lvl.1

Netherlands

even if the gimbal does shake during take off, does it really matter? i mean its not like you are going to use good video footage of something from the drone taking off. just my 2 cents

Good Work on this One DJI, can't wait till it gets available in the Netherlands
2014-11-19
Use props
arhnem.digital
lvl.1

Australia

This is something that potential buyers need to take a very close look at. From every bit of footage I've seen so far on the Inspire, the gimbal shake is evident and I'll put my next pay cheque on them not all being "pre-production units"

When about a slow  vertical pan to a given height from take off ven89q
to be used in video production?
2014-11-19
Use props
veen89q
lvl.1

Netherlands

then still, the times i did this, i did it from 2/3 meters high to a given height. just take off, when fully transformed use the hold option of the gimbal camera and give it a slow vertical pan while ascending. i don't really see the problem

Anyway I think the drone community can be very happy with the progress DJI made on this one. the innovative (almost futuristic) way of loosing the landing gear out of the cam's sight and save on weight because no additional landing gear has to be added is fantastic. We are talking about a drone that can be used for professional filming purposes with the 1/2, 1/4 or even 1/6 off the price of the way more expensive hexacopters we've seen today. I think it's a fantastic innovation in drone technology. And if you don't like it, you probably have to wait till the seconds gen comes out, as is the case with almost all products with new applied technologies.
2014-11-19
Use props
mlebout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80635728 ft
Canada

I think if it isn't corrected on final product, it could be a problem as the unit gets older.  If this wobble happens on each takeoff and landing, wear between camera mount and body will most likely occur.
2014-11-26
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

who cares about gimbal shake during transfomation, this is really the least important question about the inspire
2014-11-26
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The vibration isolation mounts are maintenance items.  They should be replaced on a periodic basis.  I have posted my 1.9k flight filmed at 1080p-60fps on this forum.  There was no post on this video.  I just shot more video today in Lake Tahoe with a couple of my friends who are AP guys.  All the video was shot at 4K-30fps.  We will be filming again in about 45 minutes to capture the sunset and do some low light filming.  I will be posting the videos over the next few days.  
2014-11-26
Use props
mlebout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80635728 ft
Canada

Thanks Tahoe!  So, I take it there is no movement or wobble at quick disconnect, only at mounts.
2014-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules