Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't pair rc with aircraft
2953 23 2019-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
passivecore
lvl.1

Turkey

Hey,

I bought a Mavic Mini last week and I regret already.
Rc and aircraft never pairs. Also, although I have tried two different computers DJI Assistant 2 does not pair the device.
All my enthusiasm escaped.

I Can't fly drone, I can't firmware update. My worst spend.
If someone who hasn't bought the device yet reads it. Run away too far and never buy mate.
Probably this problem won't be solved until we send it back to the factory.

By the way, I'd like to mention that I've been doing hardware work for 15 years. I tried everyway.
2019-12-11
Use props
passivecore
lvl.1

Turkey

I would appreciate it if there is a dji employee who can solve this problem.
2019-12-11
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic Mini does not pair with computer. You need a phone or tablet running a 64bit processor and then download the DJI Fly app.
2019-12-11
Use props
passivecore
lvl.1

Turkey

Wiz33 Posted at 12-11 08:11
Mavic Mini does not pair with computer. You need a phone or tablet running a 64bit processor and then download the DJI Fly app.

Hey,

Of course I tried 1000x times with my iphone but rc and aircraft never paired.
2019-12-11
Use props
passivecore
lvl.1

Turkey

After that I tried to connect my pc and never recognize my mini. (I have intel core i9 9900ks and win 10)
2019-12-11
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

passivecore Posted at 12-11 08:28
After that I tried to connect my pc and never recognize my mini. (I have intel core i9 9900ks and win 10)

What is the procedure you're using to connect the MM to your computer?
2019-12-11
Use props
passivecore
lvl.1

Turkey

JodyB Posted at 12-11 08:31
What is the procedure you're using to connect the MM to your computer?

I will record the whole process with video. It's easier to decide by watching.
2019-12-11
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

yeah, that would be great. But either way that would be easier for you. Mostly, you just want to make sure the MM is booted up prior to making the USB connection to the computer and then open SDJI assistant 2. You may already be doing it that way, but I have no way of knowing that, so I'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything, just trying to help you figure it out.
2019-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. i am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to the remote controller and the drone. I would recommend to try the steps shown on the image that I will be posting to isolate the issue. With regards to the connection of the drone and remote to the computer. Please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 at ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) and please try a different data cable to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2019-12-11
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the MM power up at all with the light blinking? Also possible that you have a bad RC to phone cable, If you have access to an Android phone, try that. Since they already paired the RC and MM before shipping, the possibility of a bad cable is higher than having a bad RC or MM.
2019-12-11
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 12-11 09:35
Does the MM power up at all with the light blinking? Also possible that you have a bad RC to phone cable, If you have access to an Android phone, try that. Since they already paired the RC and MM before shipping, the possibility of a bad cable is higher than having a bad RC or MM.

You know, I don't know why I didn't think about trying a different usb cable. Really for testing purposes any standard micro USB cable should work that is capable of passing data and such. Like Wiz33 said, an android charging cable, non USB-C should work to test this out.
2019-12-11
Use props
passivecore
lvl.1

Turkey

JodyB Posted at 12-11 10:03
You know, I don't know why I didn't think about trying a different usb cable. Really for testing purposes any standard micro USB cable should work that is capable of passing data and such. Like Wiz33 said, an android charging cable, non USB-C should work to test this out.

Yes, i solved firmware problem. I used the wrong cable.

Firmware update done! but problem not solved

I tried different phones(Only iphones) never paired.
I tried outside. I tried different aerial positions.
I've recorded a video for you. You can watch;  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02yx6bwfzp4
2019-12-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hmmm. The RC and MM should have been paired from the factory. But I can tell from the video that the RC never connects to the AC and watching the light patterns on the AC. I do have one question in regards. Have you let the RC and AC sit for a little while longer before trying to pair? I have never timed it, but it feels like from the time I have both AC and RC powered on, it takes at least 1 minute or so to connect to each other. Besides that, I'd have to think something is wrong with either the RC or possibly the AC and perhaps opening a case with DJI might prove necessary.
2019-12-14
Use props
passivecore
lvl.1

Turkey

JodyB Posted at 12-14 08:00
Hmmm. The RC and MM should have been paired from the factory. But I can tell from the video that the RC never connects to the AC and watching the light patterns on the AC. I do have one question in regards. Have you let the RC and AC sit for a little while longer before trying to pair? I have never timed it, but it feels like from the time I have both AC and RC powered on, it takes at least 1 minute or so to connect to each other. Besides that, I'd have to think something is wrong with either the RC or possibly the AC and perhaps opening a case with DJI might prove necessary.

I gave a lot of time before I clicked on the pair. This video is maybe my 50th try.  
I tried many ways, for example I finished their charge and I tried it again after filled it.

I'll try with android but seems like problem not phone.
2019-12-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

passivecore Posted at 12-14 08:36
I gave a lot of time before I clicked on the pair. This video is maybe my 50th try.  
I tried many ways, for example I finished their charge and I tried it again after filled it.

I don't think it's your device either, but it's worth ruling it out. I can tell from your video that that the RC is connecting with your phone, it makes the connection sound and also tells it in the app that the remote controller is connected, but never goes to camera view because the connection between the RC and AC is never made. I'm suspecting a faulty RC or possibly receiver of the AC. Once you have the phone ruled out, I would open a case with DJI. You could do that now, but they will more than likely guide you through these same troubleshooting steps.
2019-12-14
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

As I read here and there, you should update both the drone and the RC firmware: if you update the FW using your data connection (phone connected to RC), then the update is for both.
If you use DJI assistant, you have to repeat the operations at first for the drone  and then, connecting the RC to your computer with the same cable, for the RC.

They have to be updated both, in order to pair each other.
2019-12-14
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

One user here was also having problems with their RC, DJI Assistant 2 allows to troubleshoot some aspects like firmware updates, try to update them individually, and see.
Hoping you get your setup working asap!
And most important, don't get down, is a great little drone.
2019-12-14
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

passivecore Posted at 12-14 07:50
Yes, i solved firmware problem. I used the wrong cable.

Firmware update done! but problem not solved

Watching the video, it is clear that there is a problem. My advice is to ask for a replacement of the device with a new one. It connects to the cat before the drone ...
2019-12-15
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Out of curiosity, do you have an sd card inserted in the mini at the time of trying to pair?? Reason I asked is I just read a thread where someone else was having trouble with pairing their ac and rc and they had on in the mini. They removed it and it paired. They tried the as card in a computer and found that it was corrupt and needed formatting. Formatting the sd card allowed the ac and rc to pair and then connect. So if you do have one in your mini that might be something to look at.
2019-12-15
Use props
djiuser_8QpiaBW3OH4A
New
Flight distance : 282346 ft

Vietnam

My flycam after the firmware update is completed. It is not possible to connect to the aircaft. Green and red lights blinking continuously. Someone please help me fix this. thanks!.
2020-4-29
Use props
fansdf64deeb
New

Canada

Straight out of the box my Mini was not paired with the controller but when I followed this instructions provided by DJI Paladin, all worked fine.
2020-6-27
Use props
Olivian Urda
New
Romania

I have the same problem.A few days ago i received  a new drone,the previously drone got crazy by flying her self and got crushed into o three.Ao dji send me a new one and today I wanted to do the updates and nothing.Identical problem as you!
2020-7-9
Use props
ImFlying!
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28173 ft
United States

I had the same issue but was able to resolve it by relinking the controller using the steps listed above posted by DJI Paladin.
2021-1-14
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just a word of advice for the OP. The Smart device (iOS / Android) never pairs with anything.

The controller pairs with the drone.

You can pair the drone without a smart device. There is a PAIR request sequence of Buttons on the controller to start the pair and you just need to press the button on the drone.This is in the controller/drone manual
Just make sure that the controller and the drone have the correct compatible FW revision levels.

Check the FW requirements in this forum on the FW update threads

Cheers

2021-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules