• >>>
Greece

I did all that but mine goes 5246 max outside the city
2019-12-23
Use props
ajprakibegmail.com
New

India

Can mavic mini return automaticaly when it gose out of range?
And what happen when battery was getting low in flight ?
2020-4-24
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

ajprakibegmail.com Posted at 4-24 11:13

Yes. If it looses connection (for 11 seconds) it executes an RTH. If the battery goes below a certain level it executes an RTH. If the battery goes below an even lower level (for example, it is trying to get home and there is too much wind and it uses up its battery) then it lands where it is.
2020-4-24
Use props
Senor Blasto
New

United States

AE1M Posted at 2019-12-11 13:57
You must have the best eyes on the planet to maintain VLOS.  Otherwise you are in violation of the law.

Speak for yourself some people have land to fly on.  Laws are for slaves.
Morality guides free men.
2020-5-2
Use props
Senor Blasto
New

United States

You must have the best eyes on the planet to maintain VLOS.  Otherwise you are in violation of the law.

Speak for yourself some people have land to fly on or live in different countries
2020-5-2
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

trader766 Posted at 2019-12-11 18:04
I placed a flashing beacon on the drone during the flight, so I was still able to see the drone during the flight without binoculars, but the binoculars made it easier to see.

Sure you did
2020-5-2
Use props
Scott Ewing
New

United Kingdom

In line of sight and in sight are 2 completely different things. Ilos means to be able to see the line of direction travelled. Not to be able to see the drone. Lol
2020-5-14
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Could someone clarify something.

If you put the phone in Airplane mode do you loose the maps and things like that.
2020-5-14
Use props
Tommy The Cat
lvl.1

United States

TheCameraGuy Posted at 5-14 18:02
Could someone clarify something.

If you put the phone in Airplane mode do you loose the maps and things like that.

that is why they tell you to download the offline maps in the instructions
2020-5-15
Use props
Big Dan One Percenter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202592 ft
United States

I truly did not realize how large the DPD (Drone Police Department) had grown in the last few years. Y'all have done a great job in recruting new officers on here. I see you guys on just about every forum. There can not be that many more rule followers out there to add to the team.
2020-11-20
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Big Dan One Percenter Posted at 11-20 21:09
I truly did not realize how large the DPD (Drone Police Department) had grown in the last few years. Y'all have done a great job in recruting new officers on here. I see you guys on just about every forum. There can not be that many more rule followers out there to add to the team.

Restating the law is not really for the benefit of the OP - he knows the law but chooses to break it (and in-spite of what he says in his defence, he has). It’s for the benefit of someone coming to the forum that doesn’t know the law and might get the impression that it’s OK to fly beyond visual range.
2020-11-21
Use props
djiuser_NdYXm1tty7Cg
lvl.1

United States

What the fuck!! You a rat or a cop? Go fuck yourself and your fucking law.. fag!
2021-1-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_NdYXm1tty7Cg Posted at 1-13 17:47
What the fuck!! You a rat or a cop? Go fuck yourself and your fucking law.. fag!

you realize you are responding to a post from over a year ago, right?  
2021-1-13
Use props
djiuser_9X6kELqs3Fdy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32516 ft
United Kingdom

Binoculars baby ! A cheap x10 oughta do it. Just in case the feds pop up or those never lived types on forums. Come on we all done it .
2021-2-26
Use props
Drew7811
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1529 ft
United States

djiuser_NdYXm1tty7Cg Posted at 1-13 17:47

2021-2-27
Use props
AtPlaces
lvl.2
United States

wow- problem is, I bought an extension- didnt work0 but thanks! I tried the airplane mode and yea the range does go a bit further!
2021-2-28
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Very good info thank you for sharing
2021-3-1
Use props
Elevator_guy
New

United States

Thanks! I'll put my phone in airplane mode next time.
2022-2-15
Use props
djiuser_aLJioV3VYqvM
New
Flight distance : 449 ft
United States

davidms Posted at 2019-12-11 18:22
i call bs. no way you could see it 10000ft out VLOS, beacon or not.

It nowhere states that you have to have direct sight of it, only where it is and it's surroundings! Otherwise you couldn't fly 20 ft away on the other side of your house and just only applies to certain areas and how do you know that these people don't have a certification to do so?
2022-11-28
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2019-12-11 12:43
Good info.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm going to try airplane mode on my Pixel 4 XL for next flight.

You also use a Pixel 4XL..So do I, I cracked the screen, repaired it and cracked it again, the repair screen was a piece of junk. So it became a backup and then finally it became my drone monitor. Still with the cracked screen, but no stress on it as I dont keep it in my pocket.
2022-11-29
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2019-12-23 09:11
Citizens arrest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9efgLHgsBmM

2022-11-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 11-29 12:18
You also use a Pixel 4XL..So do I, I cracked the screen, repaired it and cracked it again, the repair screen was a piece of junk. So it became a backup and then finally it became my drone monitor. Still with the cracked screen, but no stress on it as I dont keep it in my pocket.

I only use the Pixel with my Mini 2 but it does work great for that.  
2022-11-29
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-29 15:14
I only use the Pixel with my Mini 2 but it does work great for that.

I have a mini, and a "not yet received", used, Mavic Air 2s. Not exactly sure when that will actually get into my hands. Long story, but it's bought and paid for and at the friend of a friends, out of state. When he visits, which he does frequently, I'll finally get it. Anyways, right now the plan is for that phone to do double duty. Maybe someday I'll get a used RC. Maybe.
2022-11-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 11-29 16:02
I have a mini, and a "not yet received", used, Mavic Air 2s. Not exactly sure when that will actually get into my hands. Long story, but it's bought and paid for and at the friend of a friends, out of state. When he visits, which he does frequently, I'll finally get it. Anyways, right now the plan is for that phone to do double duty. Maybe someday I'll get a used RC. Maybe.

You're going to love the Air 2S.  Shortly after I bought the Air 2 then the Air 2S came out.  I was hesitant to upgrade so quickly but I'm glad I did because the camera is so much better on the Air 2S.  

On a side note I've bought two used DJI drones and they have both flown nicely.  The key with the used drones is to make sure the previous owner unbinds the drone form his/her account prior to you getting it.   
2022-11-30
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-30 02:41
You're going to love the Air 2S.  Shortly after I bought the Air 2 then the Air 2S came out.  I was hesitant to upgrade so quickly but I'm glad I did because the camera is so much better on the Air 2S.  

On a side note I've bought two used DJI drones and they have both flown nicely.  The key with the used drones is to make sure the previous owner unbinds the drone form his/her account prior to you getting it.

Two thumbs up on that! I did contact him a week or two ago, and I believe that's done.
2022-11-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 11-30 05:06
Two thumbs up on that! I did contact him a week or two ago, and I believe that's done.

Sounds like you are all set then.  Hopefully, your friend will bring it to you before very long.  
2022-11-30
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-30 13:55
Sounds like you are all set then.  Hopefully, your friend will bring it to you before very long.

His family is from there, they visit often, I'm holding my tongue on asking when they'll go again, and I am holding my breath!
2022-11-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 11-30 14:47
His family is from there, they visit often, I'm holding my tongue on asking when they'll go again, and I am holding my breath!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they visit soon.  
2022-12-1
Use props
josh byker Butcher
New

United States

To each their own.  You sound like a bunch of bitches
2023-7-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

josh byker Butcher Posted at 7-17 22:58
To each their own.  You sound like a bunch of bitches

You sound like someone who's replying to a long-dead thread.
2023-7-18
Use props
djiuser_tzEYqbvpwoJ0
Flight distance : 49715 ft

Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-12-11 14:16
Hi. Thank you for sharing this information. With regards to the third party extender. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend to attach or use any third party extender, this may cause performance and stability issue that may lead to an incident. In addition, I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer ) for more details regarding the warranty guidelines. Thank you and please fly safely.

[view_image]

Well, don't know if you have been Paying attention regarding the many complaints on the forum but most of them already have Range, stability and signal problems out of the box..
2023-9-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ajprakibegmail.com Posted at 2020-4-24 11:13

In order for the drone to RTH on disconnection you need to ensure that the "failsafe " setting is RTH ..... though the other options, hover and descend/land, can result in a low battery RTH if the circumstances are correct.
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_tzEYqbvpwoJ0 Posted at 9-30 00:53
Well, don't know if you have been Paying attention regarding the many complaints on the forum but most of them already have Range, stability and signal problems out of the box..

We totally understand your point. However, we do not recommend this type of accessory as this might affect the stability of the unit. Thank you and have a nice day ahead.
2023-10-2
Use props
djiuser_DNC6lbUECdUi
New

United States

KlooGee Posted at 2019-12-11 17:35
If you are interested in following the FAA's regulations, binoculars don't count for keeping it line of sight. Their definition of visual line of sight is "vision that is unaided by any device other than corrective lenses."

I'm not here to tell you what to do or not to do, but I think its important to understand the rules and then you can make decisions for yourself on how you like to do things.

oh yea. all these "laws" that are not enforced or even enforceable at all when the aircraft is sub 250 g.  nobody cares, karens.  
2023-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules