Fly Spots
15957 28 2019-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tervist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

What are fly spots and why does my DJI Fly app show fly spots for Nanjing? I live in the US.

IMG_2401.PNG
2019-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fly spots are places that are recommended good places to fly.  
2019-12-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Per the DJI website https://www.dji.com/dji-fly

Notes:

1. The Fly Spots feature is currently only available in Mainland China. All flight locations displayed by the Fly Spots feature are based on voluntarily-shared location tags from SkyPixel users. DJI never collects or shares user data without user consent. Always check and follow the applicable rules wherever you fly.
2019-12-12
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Because, thats the only place in the world where there are fly spots. We have to take our vacations and go fly over there!! Joking really. Like the previous post, they haven't added other places for the rest of the world as of yet. Should be nice if they finish this out to be able to pull that up and find interesting places near by to go fly and see some interesting things!!! It should be a nice feature once its done up.
2019-12-12
Use props
Tervist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

Thank you all for your replies. If the feature is only available in mainland China as, the web site suggests, is there any way to disable it for those of us who don't live there or plan on visiting there in the near future?
2019-12-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The DJI Fly Spots are only available in Mainland China and we don't have the ability to use it if you are located in the US. Also, as of the moment, we don't have the option to disable this feature on the DJI FLY app since we are still developing this feature and hopefully this will be available on the users that was located in the US in the near future. Hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-12-12
Use props
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-12 08:51
Hi, thank you for reaching out. The DJI Fly Spots are only available in Mainland China and we don't have the ability to use it if you are located in the US. Also, as of the moment, we don't have the option to disable this feature on the DJI FLY app since we are still developing this feature and hopefully this will be available on the users that was located in the US in the near future. Hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Don't forget Europe too
2019-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Donsir_LTU Posted at 12-13 00:05
Don't forget Europe too

I will surely take note of this. Thank you!
2019-12-13
Use props
ernie_e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299380 ft
United States

Would be an excellent and much needed app if it covered other countries.
2019-12-14
Use props
djiuser_hbWbxCpPAHOv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1145013 ft
United States

Yes it would be wonderful if this was world wide
2020-6-19
Use props
djiuser_SnUQOxpHCbnk
New

Germany

Donsir_LTU Posted at 2019-12-13 00:05
Don't forget Europe too
2020-6-28
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1124738 ft
Germany

is there any news/progress about Fly Spot for Europe?
Thanks
2020-9-29
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Japan

no news at all?
2020-9-30
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

It is only for users within China atm. And found some coold places and shots with it. Be glad for it to expand to the other countries
2020-9-30
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Germany

Guorium Posted at 9-30 00:13
It is only for users within China atm. And found some coold places and shots with it. Be glad for it to expand to the other countries

this was already explained 8 months ago..

The question is.. after so long time did something changed or not?

Will it be available in other country (eg Europe) one day?  Like DJI Gamora hypothesize in Dec 2019 (see above posts)
Or we have to forget it?

It is quite strange that DJI Fly app contains a button in the main screen.. which has sense ONLY for China..
2020-9-30
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

JodyB Posted at 2019-12-12 05:27
Because, thats the only place in the world where there are fly spots. We have to take our vacations and go fly over there!! Joking really. Like the previous post, they haven't added other places for the rest of the world as of yet. Should be nice if they finish this out to be able to pull that up and find interesting places near by to go fly and see some interesting things!!! It should be a nice feature once its done up.

Once its done. Unfortunately a year later (almost) its still not done. I think it harder to make a MA2 than to make an app update.
2020-9-30
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

spanzetta Posted at 9-30 00:47

2020-9-30
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

spanzetta Posted at 9-30 00:47

DJI probably has a huge market in China. more than the overseas market combined
2020-9-30
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

I'm doing a little mapping here in Brazil of "Fly Spots" that here we call "drone friendly", as well as in "pet friendly" places where the place is friendly to take your pet ...
I used a collaborative map platform (but moderated by me) where the user registers new interesting places for safe flight, this platform is called Mapotic, developed in the Czech Republic. In its "free" version, there is a limitation on the number of accesses and some features, such as releasing more than one administrator for moderation or placing your logo.

The platform address is https://www.mapotic.com/

Our example is: https://www.mapotic.com/drone-friendly

Here is this tip for you my friends, and I hope that when you come to visit our country that you can use this tool, after all, it belongs to all of us! For now we have 96 locations, but soon more people will be collaborating, there are many "drone friendly" places to fly.

Hugs
2020-9-30
Use props
djiuser_NuizgY6p0ZFl
lvl.2
United States

A nice option would be for the dji community to add their favorite fly spots to the map.
2021-1-12
Use props
epsilonion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14058 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_NuizgY6p0ZFl Posted at 1-12 07:35
A nice option would be for the dji community to add their favorite fly spots to the map.

I agree with this for local interest, for other DJI users that live locally and putting point's of interest on the map with images..

I think it would be a good thing, yet another plus point for dji
2021-2-15
Use props
djiuser_nSgIcaMOmZ43
New
Flight distance : 3855 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-12-12 08:51
Hi, thank you for reaching out. The DJI Fly Spots are only available in Mainland China and we don't have the ability to use it if you are located in the US. Also, as of the moment, we don't have the option to disable this feature on the DJI FLY app since we are still developing this feature and hopefully this will be available on the users that was located in the US in the near future. Hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Well, it's over 4yrs later now. Is there an option to disable this feature yet, or is it available in the US? Because it's still showing locations in China for me.
2023-6-7
Use props
djiuser_nSgIcaMOmZ43
New
Flight distance : 3855 ft
United States

amir_KING Posted at 2020-9-30 06:36
Once its done. Unfortunately a year later (almost) its still not done. I think it harder to make a MA2 than to make an app update.

It's 4yrs later now and I just bought a Mini 3 Pro, and guess what, the Fly Spots are still prominently displayed on my screen in the US. Not sure why, in 4 years, they haven't been able to make a simple update that removes it since it's just taking up screen real estate for no reason
2023-6-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_nSgIcaMOmZ43 Posted at 6-7 14:15
Well, it's over 4yrs later now. Is there an option to disable this feature yet, or is it available in the US? Because it's still showing locations in China for me.

Hi, djiuser_nSgIcaMOmZ43. Thank you for reaching out. Fly Spots function is already supported for users outside China.

How to upload fly spots?
1). Launch the DJI Fly app. Tap [Fly Spots]. Select the portrait button on the left of the map page, as shown below (based on the DJI Fly app v1.4.8):

2). Go to [Fly Spots] page and tap “+” to select between “Add Fly Spot” and “Review Fly Spot”. To add a fly spot, please tap [Add Fly Spots]*. Select the Fly Spot address and fill in related details**. After submission, enter Review phase.
* There is a paragraph of detailed copyright description, attached in [Appendix].
** Currently, you can edit “Suggested Name”, “Detailed Address”, “Work”, “Fly Spot Rating” , and “Flight Tips”
Then, wait for the review results.
If the review is passed, there is a corresponding notification. You can see the added fly spots in the corresponding position.
If the review does not pass, a notification will be given regarding the reason.

Note: Please make sure that the device is connected to the internet and test it with a good GPS location. Hope this helps.
2023-6-12
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

hello, I'm trying to add a Fly Spot in Romania, the Partie Ski Marisel location, I've filled in everything I needed, I've added 3 pictures but I can't upload them, I've also attached an image, is there a limit in MB or the size of the image in pixels? when I click on the POST but it tells me to add pictures, the icon with the exclamation mark is on all the pictures tton
1-6 03:40
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:28
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

thats on the mountain ..far away from the city ... nearby a ski slope, i dont think that was the problem ...
1-7 00:20
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

noone can help my with my problem ?
1-9 01:12
Use props
SeptiB
lvl.4
Romania

so ..probably cose i am from Romania, and Romania is not listed on DJ website i cannot get any help...
3-15 05:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules