Total waste of money if you want audio
887 12 2019-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GlennW
lvl.1
Australia

Considering how much money the Pocket cost DJI needs a huge wakeup call.  They are fully aware of the complaints about the audio adapture.  If this there way of making people spend a heap of money on wifi and audio connections only to make them buy new one later on.  You cant tell me a company this size didnt know that you cant use the audio adapture with the WIFI or that its im possible to have both WIFI and audio with the extenstion pole.  I am really disappointed in DJI and trust me when I say if I could I would return the 2 Pockets and all the crap i have to buy with it.  DJI Get your development team together and fix this problem because people are starting to question how good your company really is.  I know this is long winded, but I want to use all the things I purchased and cant even properly record the interviews i need to do.  
2019-12-12
Use props
Idan Shahar
lvl.3

Israel

Totally right, no reason not to have built in WIFI and 3.5m"m audio input.
2019-12-12
Use props
GlennW
lvl.1
Australia

Idan Shahar Posted at 12-12 03:29
Totally right, no reason not to have built in WIFI and 3.5m"m audio input.

Sounds like this company is trying for a money grab on future accessories.  I want to know why the USB C phone connection at the top can't be turned on to enable sound.
2019-12-12
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Sounds like your decision to buy 2 pockets and all the crap was a bad one.
2019-12-12
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Actually never thought before about this problem. But if to be honest, it's only for vloging
2019-12-12
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

GlennW Posted at 12-12 03:46
Sounds like this company is trying for a money grab on future accessories.  I want to know why the USB C phone connection at the top can't be turned on to enable sound.

They are following a long tradition of a tried and true business model.  Release a decent product, while withholding desired features for future product releases.  Basically, stringing people along with just enough.  I definitely feel the same way about features that should have been available already.  I've commented before about people being frustrated with this approach.  If they don't break this trend and don't improve overall customer support, their profits will suffer in the very near future.
2019-12-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We're sorry to know about this. We welcome this feedback and we've forwarded this with our R&D's for the possibilities with setting proper expectations that there is no guarantee of supporting. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
2019-12-12
Use props
GlennW
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 12-12 13:11
We're sorry to know about this. We welcome this feedback and we've forwarded this with our R&D's for the possibilities with setting proper expectations that there is no guarantee of supporting. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

According to the forums, DJI has known for a while now.  I will be very careful about buying another DJI product.
2019-12-12
Use props
GlennW
lvl.1
Australia

Neo Supreme Posted at 12-12 07:06
They are following a long tradition of a tried and true business model.  Release a decent product, while withholding desired features for future product releases.  Basically, stringing people along with just enough.  I definitely feel the same way about features that should have been available already.  I've commented before about people being frustrated with this approach.  If they don't break this trend and don't improve overall customer support, their profits will suffer in the very near future.

They have already suffered.  I wont be buying another DJI product.  I dont trust them now.
2019-12-12
Use props
GlennW
lvl.1
Australia

GlennW Posted at 12-12 13:50
According to the forums, DJI has known for a while now.  I will be very careful about buying another DJI product.

I just spoke to DJI Technical Support and they claiming that if it's from DJI then it must be compatible and will work.  Seems the company is really hiding this from the customers.  Nothing on your own website.  Distributors not being told about it, and Technical Support claiming to not know anything about it.  Im guessing your company is just ignoring this, or worse already have a fix and just waiting till all the current WIFI adaptors are sold till you bring out a new one.  This problem has existed for a fair while now, so I find it hard to believe that nobody knows anything about it.  I think the lease you can do here is get the Company to make an official statement regarding where this is heading.  You are losing a lot of customers who will tell their friends and you will miss out on more sales.
2019-12-12
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

DJI Diana Posted at 12-12 13:11

This has been the situation since day one that the audio adaptor was released. With all the new directions DJI is always taking, I doubt it will be implemented with the existing hardware. Maybe it will work with the new, exciting pocket 2, which many will jump on, only to find that there are other shortcomings.

"I will be very careful about buying another DJI product."  or  "I wont be buying another DJI product."

Or, at least don't buy 2 of it before finding it doesn't fulfill your expectations ....
2019-12-12
Use props
GlennW
lvl.1
Australia

Curt1591 Posted at 12-12 15:28
This has been the situation since day one that the audio adaptor was released. With all the new directions DJI is always taking, I doubt it will be implemented with the existing hardware. Maybe it will work with the new, exciting pocket 2, which many will jump on, only to find that there are other shortcomings.

"I will be very careful about buying another DJI product."  or  "I wont be buying another DJI product."

I was sold on the 2 of them at the time because of the sales person not being notified from DJI.  Also, if you have a look at DJI's website it says nothing about the compatibility problems.  Even their own Technical Support Department are telling customers that its supposed to work (I called them).  I have definitely learned my lesson and won't buy anymore DJI products.  Going in  today to talk to the ACCC in Australia that deals in the activities of Companies that do this sort of thing.  Then will go and buy a real video camera and not these stupid gadgets.
2019-12-12
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

"I was sold on the 2 of them at the time because of the sales person not being notified from DJI."

No; you were sold 2 of them because the salesman sold you 2 of them.

Let this be a learning experience: Do not rely on anything any "sales person" tells you!  Do your own research.

Let us know how it goes with the ACCC. DJI is Chinese. Maybe the ACCC will ban the import of DJI products.

2019-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules