Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Raw Photos
1962 7 2019-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dutch937
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322461 ft
Canada

Dear DJI ... My previous hobby was photography. I don't think I ever shot jpg. So, if I have one wish for the Mavic Mini, it would be to have the ability to shoot RAW.

Thank you!
2019-12-12
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Yeah.  RAW is so handy.  Once an image has been converted to a JPG, you've sort of "locked in" the conversion "formula" that the camera's built-in JPG converter decided to use.  So adjusting brightness and especially white balance becomes a real problem because so much information has been lost.

Still, I've seen some dandy video produced by these little cameras.

I think, eventually, something like the Mavic 2 Pro (or zoom) may be in my future.

I always shoot in RAW.  Sometimes RAW + JPG to have the instant gratification of the in-camera JPGs.  But it's so nice to have all of the information that was captured and have the luxury of being able to decide how to convert it after the fact when you can experiment and play "what if".  

RAW means never having to say you're sorry... that you shot with the wrong white balance!!!!  ;)

Nonetheless:  These little drones are pretty darned incredible.  Not that we shouldn't ask - especially if DJI can do this for us.

Give us RAW for stills and white balance settings for the video, please.  

Of course, then, someone like Adobe will need to write a RAW converter for this drone, too, and include it in the next release of ACR.

2019-12-12
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281381 ft
Hong Kong

No RAW and no Panarama is just DJI bull... to sell more expensive drones. Both are just software.

Which I think is really terrible product management. I would pay more, sure. But how? How can I pay more? Oh I can buy A LARGER DRONE? Well I don't want a larger one. That's why I am getting a Mini! So how?
2019-12-12
Use props
dutch937
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322461 ft
Canada

ulfw Posted at 12-12 20:39
No RAW and no Panarama is just DJI bull... to sell more expensive drones. Both are just software.

Which I think is really terrible product management. I would pay more, sure. But how? How can I pay more? Oh I can buy A LARGER DRONE? Well I don't want a larger one. That's why I am getting a Mini! So how?

I so agree...Raw format should just be a given, especially for photos.
2019-12-13
Use props
Tervist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

I wish the Mavic Mini shot RAW, as well.  But despite a lack of that feature, the camera that it comes with is still pretty impressive. Worst case scenario is that you bracket your exposures and then figure out what you want to do with them in post. You can then either combine them as an HDR image or pick one that looks the best and edit it. Most photo processing software these days allows you to modify Shadows/Highlights and Warm/Cool Tones to some degree even in jpegs.
2019-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day dutch937. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your these information with us. I will cascade this thread and these thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I have to agree here, since I bought my first digital DSLR camera, Olympus e-300, never used jpeg, not even for quick family shots.
We need RAW for photos, plus the equivalent in video, flat or dcine like profile and at least white balance lock too.
Many "pros" and semi pros will be using the Mini for certain things, so not adding those is simply not a possibility
2019-12-13
Use props
Kronus
New

Belarus

Hi. I'm new to this business, so I need your advice. I want to learn how to take photos of jewelry. Now I'm learning to photo processing link, but I don't know what camera I should buy for this purpose. Can you help me? I'll be grateful for your help. I'm waiting for feedback. thank you!
2020-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules