Can I fly the Mavic Mini without a smart-phone?
56673 52 2019-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tommy The Cat
lvl.1

United States

renbrant Posted at 2019-12-26 06:12
As it is a nice piece of hardware with junk software, I'll wait a while to see if they solve before returning it and ask for my money back.
I think two weeks is a reasonable time for them to fix it. What do you think?

...2 years later...
2020-6-2
Use props
djiuser_pPhSFgPWhrl9
New

United States

If you're flying the matic mini without the app in the drone flies off since you can't retrieve telemetry data since you weren't connected to the app does that disqualify you from having a replacement
2020-7-29
Use props
djiuser_pPhSFgPWhrl9
New

United States

If you're flying the matic mini without the app in the drone flies off since you can't retrieve telemetry data since you weren't connected to the app does that disqualify you from having a replacement drone???
2020-7-29
Use props
djiuser_uqhsenblIUGm
New

United States

How do i fly with only the controller?
2021-2-25
Use props
BigDroneFlyer64
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_uqhsenblIUGm Posted at 2-25 09:15
How do i fly with only the controller?

That is my big ? as well.
I received a Mavic Mini this afternoon, but none of my cellular telephone handsets operate on Android 6.xx as required by the DJI Fly app.

I installed the legacy DJI GO 4 app; and although several Mavic models are supported, the Mini isn't.

Using the radio alone, I cannot get it to initialise, fly, or take photographs or videos.

So as it stands now, I have a $400 paperweight!!! :-O
2021-4-26
Use props
Aleksa93
New

Serbia

Hello guys. I have a  question about Mavic Mini. When I take pictures or recordings, flare camera appears (see picture). Is it normal to have exactly this shape (as a sign of a Mercedes ) or is something wrong with the lens? Sorry for my bad English.
2021-4-27
Use props
BigDroneFlyer64
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_uqhsenblIUGm Posted at 2-25 09:15
How do i fly with only the controller?

Just a minor update here...I have an Apple Ipad Mini on the way (with a longer cord to plug it into the Tx) that should function with the DJI Fly app, so I no longer require assistance here. :-)
ETA on that Ipad is this Friday 04-30-21.
2021-4-28
Use props
djiuser_2xzVJWqnQYAH
New

United States

How do I fly without my phone I bought mine used and it did not come with the cable from the phone to the controller it came with one for an IPhone i don't have an IPhone i have an android so i want to fly without my phone untill I find out were to get the cable to my phone and the controller but can someone please somebody tell me how to fly without the phone and or can someone help me to get a adaptor for my C charger to the controller i will trade the IPhone for the C a droid adaptor
2021-7-9
Use props
djiuser_2xzVJWqnQYAH
New

United States

Xyster101 Posted at 2020-2-16 16:13
How does one use the controller without a phone? Just turn on both and then push the sticks down and together to start the motors? I did not know i could fly without the phone.  Will it still record to the memory card?

I did this turned both them on and hold the controll down then inward still nuthing
2021-7-11
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

djiuser_2xzVJWqnQYAH Posted at 7-9 19:14
How do I fly without my phone I bought mine used and it did not come with the cable from the phone to the controller it came with one for an IPhone i don't have an IPhone i have an android so i want to fly without my phone untill I find out were to get the cable to my phone and the controller but can someone please somebody tell me how to fly without the phone and or can someone help me to get a adaptor for my C charger to the controller i will trade the IPhone for the C a droid adaptor

Here is the Remote control to USB C cable that i use with my android phone that has a USB C connector.  I got a longer cable than the Mini comes with because I use a tablet holder for my phone and the stock cable is not long enough.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2021-7-11
Use props
djiuser_7IWearLgShlX
lvl.1
Palestine

Can someone please explain how to take off when a smartphone is not connected??
2021-7-16
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah, its possible to fly the drone without the phone.
2021-7-16
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

I'm curious, since your phone isn't compatible, does that mean you can't download the DJI Fly app?
2021-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules