CrystalSky Release Notes (12/16/2019)
16874 137 2019-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Sascha.ES Posted at 2-6 08:25
some news if the Matrice 300 will be able to fly with the Crystalsky? The Smart Controller is supposed to work!

They'll pass on your request to the engineer and will LIE that they'll post as soon as information becomes available (which is never).... and thank you for you support and allowing yourself to keep spending on this neglectful company.. they'll also thank you for your understanding.... and maybe throw in some other approved copy and pasted broken engrish words...

BUT.. the honest answer is NO CHANCE...
2020-2-7
Use props
GoodmanRP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4344974 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I honestly admit that I'm shocked!
Is anyone cheating on us?

Screenshot_2020-03-02-12-59-33.jpg
2020-3-2
Use props
sanman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319452 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

GoodmanRP Posted at 3-2 05:01
I honestly admit that I'm shocked!
Is anyone cheating on us?

@GoodmanRP what is the old CS CPU specifications? RK3066?
2020-3-8
Use props
GoodmanRP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4344974 ft
  • >>>
Poland

sanman Posted at 3-8 00:36
@GoodmanRP what is the old CS CPU specifications? RK3066?

I installed Phone info and it doesn't show me all the specifications
2020-3-8
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Following this.
2020-3-28
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

I've upgraded the FW ( 3.00.02.00) of my CrystalSky.    So far, NO issues.  I was able to install Litchi using the Amazon App Store.  I've had about more than 25+ flights after the upgrade and have no issues.  Not one crash, No Lag.  It behaves just about the same from previous version.   I will continue to observe and report back if new problem(s) will arise.
2020-3-31
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

This is about 4 months after this update has been released, I read all the posts on this thread and the complaints. Has anyone gone ahead and DL the update? By the way what does “Rooting” your monitor mean? What does that allow you to do? With me personally, I have not updated to the latest version but my bird has been acting buggy lately and I’m wondering if updating would fix some of those issues. Are the other Go App versions for phones and tablets locked forward meaning you can’t go back to a previous FW?
2020-4-19
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

It will be exciting. The Air 2 will be able to be flown with the FLY APP.
As far as I know this app is programmed on 64 bit and therefore not to be used on the Crystalsky. So it will probably not be possible to fly the Air 2 with the Crystalsky.

An update would have been very nice.
2020-4-20
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Chuck1906 Posted at 4-19 07:19
This is about 4 months after this update has been released, I read all the posts on this thread and the complaints. Has anyone gone ahead and DL the update? By the way what does “Rooting” your monitor mean? What does that allow you to do? With me personally, I have not updated to the latest version but my bird has been acting buggy lately and I’m wondering if updating would fix some of those issues. Are the other Go App versions for phones and tablets locked forward meaning you can’t go back to a previous FW?

Do not update the firmware to v3. it is designed to destroy your crystal sky by allowing it to run hotter for longer before the fans kick in, severely shortening the life of the PCB.
Before your screen inevitably goes blank/corrupted, the first thing you will notice is that you can no longer install a lot of (if any) of the APKs you could previously. You can not downgrade, and it doesn't fix ANYTHING.
It's a DJI attempt to stop the bad press regarding the lack of Go4 app updates...
2020-4-21
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 4-21 04:52
Do not update the firmware to v3. it is designed to destroy your crystal sky by allowing it to run hotter for longer before the fans kick in, severely shortening the life of the PCB.
Before your screen inevitably goes blank/corrupted, the first thing you will notice is that you can no longer install a lot of (if any) of the APKs you could previously. You can not downgrade, and it doesn't fix ANYTHING.
It's a DJI attempt to stop the bad press regarding the lack of Go4 app updates...

Good advice from Mairs who is always fighting the good fight! Mairs, I have been busy avoiding the Virus courtesy of our good buddies.

Thankfully we are not getting any nag screens to update.

Good advice. We need more feedback from folks who have already upgraded to see what and if in fact this happens? I heard the same thing that you did but dont know anyone beside KooGlee who updated to the new version. I think he said it was working OK but never has verified if APK installation was dead after the upgrade??
2020-4-22
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

What does it look like, will the Air 2 be able to fly with the Crystalsky?
2020-4-27
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Sascha.ES Posted at 4-27 23:31
What does it look like, will the Air 2 be able to fly with the Crystalsky?

m.o Crystalsky will not be able to install DJI Fly app(64bits), so no support for modern droning..
2020-4-28
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

There is also the question, will every new drone get only the FLY APP? Then the Crystalsky would really be useless.
2020-4-28
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Sascha.ES Posted at 4-28 08:16
There is also the question, will every new drone get only the FLY APP? Then the Crystalsky would really be useless.

Great Point. Unfortunately those of us who like our former DJI products have no support at all. The Crystal Sky is a great example of this. We spent a bunch of money on a device that has no upgrade path. I cant believe they lied to us, but then again seeing what is going on in this country right now I can believe it.

They told us that the Fly software was for their newer beginner drone and that it did not have the full features of the DJI Go software. Well now we find out that their newest drone, the Mavic Air 2, will also fly on the DJI Fly software?? That's not a starter drone? All I can say is how can that be??

So much for our Crystal Sky's  to be used with another DJI product.

I can't believe we were lied to again, Can you?
2020-4-28
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

The question is, if DJI doesn't want to continue with the Crystalsky, what do you use with the Cendence controller? The Matrice 300 should also be controllable with the Smart Controller.
The agricultural drone also gets a Smart Controller.
2020-4-30
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

So, sold my Ultra today! I'm out.
2020-5-2
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

Today, the presentation of the M300, which was developed as a dedicated controller, shows a new transmission system. (No Occusync 2.0 but Occusync Enterprise) Variable batteries under and behind the Smart Controller.
So now I am sure that the CS will be out of order. I really advise everyone to sell the system soon.
I don't think the normal SC will work either.
2020-5-7
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Sascha.ES Posted at 5-7 08:31
Today, the presentation of the M300, which was developed as a dedicated controller, shows a new transmission system. (No Occusync 2.0 but Occusync Enterprise) Variable batteries under and behind the Smart Controller.
So now I am sure that the CS will be out of order. I really advise everyone to sell the system soon.
I don't think the normal SC will work either.

DJI Lies and scams strike again...
2020-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules