Overview:
Date: 2019.12.16
CrystalSky Firmware (CS785 / CS785U): V3.0.2.0
CrystalSky Firmware (CS550): V3.0.2.0
DJI GO 3 App: V 3.1.59
DJI GO 4 App: V 4.3.16
DJI Pilot Beta: V 1.6.1

What's New?
  • Updated the DJI GO 4 app to version 4.3.16.
  • Updated the DJI Pilot Beta app to version 1.6.1.
  • Optimized system stability.
  • Optimized the performance of CrystalSky in high-temperature environments.
  • Optimized video transmission.

Note:
  • DO NOT revert to an earlier firmware version after updating to v3.0.2.0. Otherwise, CrystalSky will malfunction and the user will be required to contact DJI After-Sales for support.

2019-12-15
Use props
Mafia16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

theres a long time since a CS update.
2019-12-16
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI GO 3 App: V 3.1.59,?? seems to be the new name for the DJI GO App?
2019-12-16
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Is this a dream? Is it actually here ? Is it Christmas? I had almost given up on this update. Okay, who’s going to try it first ?
2019-12-16
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

DJI GO 4 4.3.16!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! THATS THE SAME VERSION AS WAS FOR A YEAR!!!!! THATS NOT AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!! 4.3. f'ing 25 is the latest!!!!!!!!!! 4.3.25!!!!!!!!! DJI YOU'RE GARBAGE!!!!!!

WHAT DOES THE FIRMWARE DO? BRICK ALL CS MONITORS OUT THERE??? TAKES AWAY THE OPTION TO ROOT THE DEVICE.... jerks.. LAZY LYING JERKS!!!!
2019-12-16
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Mafia16 Posted at 12-16 04:27
theres a long time since a CS update.

Long time for the same version of DJI Go 4.....  This is not an update...
2019-12-16
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Archangel3356 Posted at 12-16 05:32
Is this a dream? Is it actually here ? Is it Christmas? I had almost given up on this update. Okay, who’s going to try it first ?

DJI Go 4.3.16 was around for about a year.. this is not an update... this is nothing more than either changing a version number on the firmware, or just a way to make the CS fail sooner to get rid of the DJI unsupported and people screaming about product.

2019-12-16
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

What? I just checked and I’ll be damned, mAIRS is correct. This isn’t an update,  so exactly what is this all about ?  This is soooo frustrating that I’m ready to sell my two CS monitors, lick my wounds and move on. And I do mean move on. Very disappointed in this “update”.
2019-12-16
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

DJI YOU SUCK!!! After all this wait and a nothing so called "update".... take this thing and shove it up your dim'ole...  I already have Go 4 4.3.16 and Pilot 1.6.1. I'm not risking running this potential timer for killing off the CS monitor. While it works I can still sell it and with the current setup I can ROOT it...

BE WARNED CS users that when I just checked if there is a update available, it does come up with one available, you get an option to download or wait, and when I clicked "Wait" and looked into the download/upload counter, it started to download something... possibly forcing the update (or a dodgy part of it) even if you choose not to destroy.. umm, i mean, "update" you monitor... This is not good enough, I'm not installing.
2019-12-16
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

So is what you guys are saying, this prevents an actual root of the device? Is that correct? What essentially does this update do? Does it update the Android system to like 7 or something? Did you guys check to see if the Android system was updated?

If it was updated to like at least Android 7 this would be an upgrade??

Those who upgraded, please check?

Thx Guys!
2019-12-16
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

The last firmware came with v4.2.16, this updates it to v4.3.16.  Having said that, it was possible to upgrade the app to v4.3.16 previously within the software itself, so it has been available for quite some time.

It does look like they have update DJI Pilot quite significantly.  I'm sure the people using that appreciate the update.  However, it is a bit disappointing to get a "new" DJI Go 4 version that was released almost 8 months ago in April of 2018.  

This kind of reaffirms what I've said about the CrystalSky being the least supported and most neglected product from DJI.  This is quite unfortunate for a premium product.  It could be the perfect screen for so many of DJI's devices, but they just keep leaving so much of DJI software on old versions or completely unsupported (DJI Mimo, DJI Fly, DJI Ronin, etc).
2019-12-16
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

I could be wrong but it also sounds like once you upgrade you can’t go back to factory default and if you try it you’ll be sending it back to its maker. I must not be understanding this correctly because what I just said sounds crazy. Anybody who does “upgrade” please please, report back. Thank ya.  
2019-12-16
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Dave, any chance that they upgraded the operating system to like at least Android 7 with this update?
2019-12-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, just wow.
2019-12-16
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Did it update the Android Operating system with this update to like Adroid 7??
2019-12-16
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 12-16 12:53
Did it update the Android Operating system with this update to like Adroid 7??

Doesn't look like it:

2019-12-16
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 12-16 16:40
Doesn't look like it:

[view_image]

Absolute dogs... lazy incompetent dogs... typically Chinese quality "support"...
2019-12-16
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

Have you looked it over KlooGee and are you able to tell if the latency is any better? Any thing you noticed worth the upgrade? Thanks.
2019-12-16
Use props
G.Schaub
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4178032 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Same issues than before.... TONS of lag and frames dropped with DJI GO 3 App: V 3.1.59. Honestly I don't see any benefit from this firmware update.
2019-12-16
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

At a loss for words here after this incredibly long wait. And whatever that was released as an update will certainly be the last one for CrystalSky.  I have no other complaints about any of my other DJI equipment but this CrystalSky fiasco has left a really bad taste in my mouth. Want all the functions you paid for from you DJI UAV, then use an iPhone because CrystalSky just won’t cut it.
2019-12-16
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Archangel3356 Posted at 12-16 18:27
Have you looked it over KlooGee and are you able to tell if the latency is any better? Any thing you noticed worth the upgrade? Thanks.

I've installed it, but not had a chance to fly with it yet.
2019-12-16
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

KlooGee Posted at 12-16 20:26
I've installed it, but not had a chance to fly with it yet.

Appreciate you keeping us informed when you get a chance to review it and exactly what it does. G.Schaub reports no difference and that’s not good news.  I think I’d rather root it than update it at this point. I’m not comfortable with the steps to root but I’m going to look into sending it in to the right folks to get it done and see what comes from it. I have two so if I lose one at this point oh well. It’s a shame really, Crystalsky really had so much potential. But so did Betamax.
2019-12-17
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

BTW yesterdays Cendence Update requires Android v4.3.25 or above....
Sooo... will we not be able to use our CS anymore with the Cendence if we upgrade to the latest Cendence firmware?..

I will stay away for now and let others try it out

2019-12-17
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Coyut Posted at 12-17 07:20
BTW yesterdays Cendence Update requires Android v4.3.25 or above....
Sooo... will we not be able to use our CS anymore with the Cendence if we upgrade to the latest Cendence firmware?..

I don't have a Cendence controller to be able to test or check out.

However, based on the about page, the CS is running Android 5.1.1
2019-12-17
Use props
G.Schaub
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mexico

NON-benefits from this "update" --- DJI GO 3 App: V 3.1.59 - Inspire 1 RAW
Check out the tremendous lag - I can't understand how DJI releases the updated with these HUGE issues! Don't they have a QA dept?
BTW - videos in the DJI Go gallery are now not playable ---- terrible!!

2019-12-17
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

we'll see what DJI has to say. Anyway, I'm about to switch to the Smart Controller. Too bad, I love the display.
2019-12-17
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

DJI has officially made me lose it because of this stupid monitor.... yesterday.. I'm hearing the whirling sound of a phantom, looked outside and there it was... over my property.. it just so happened that it was a Crystal clear Sky.. I thougth "Crystal Sky"?!?!??! so I got the shotgun, went outside, because its over my property, BOOM, and into the chipper it went...I hate DJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting for the owner to knock on my door...
2019-12-17
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Guys,

Remember that cooler heads prevail. I too am so disgusted with this company. All they seem to do is attempt to snow us with their lame explanations. I am so sick of "So sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you". I also have no plans to buy another DJI product unless they change their ways with customer support. The worst is that they just don't seem to care that they are about to lose this whole customer base. Like I said I have 7 of their copters and this does not even phase them.

We were all snowed with the Crystal Sky. I was told by DJI before I bought the thing that this would be the last monitor I would have to buy and that it will work with all DJI copters. It does not work with the Mavic Mini. The idiots did not even check if it would work with the Crystal Sky before they released the software.. Why would they do this?

I have written to my favorite Youtubers that do DJI reviews and some appear to be DJI "Fanboys" as I now understand. DJI has a program where they give them "free" drones to "test" if they review their products. Now I ask you, are you going to bite the hand that feeds you? These Youtubers have completely lost their objectivity and that deceives us into thinking we are getting an unbiased review.  As a result, none  want to touch this Crystal Sky dilemma.  

I do have some good news for you folks and that is one word "Skydio" They are into the 4th quarter of 2020 batch in the ordering process. So many people want them to finally leave DJI. I have called Skydio for technical support as i am in batch one and it was such a pleasant experience as compared to DJI. DJI does not know that here in the US there is a saying we subscribe to and that is "The customer is always right" Please go to www.skydio.com for complete details. Like I said before, Skydio needs to buy the guys at DJI lunch as the free publicity they are getting on DJI's own site is incredible.

DJI I realize that I am just one guy but what you dont realize is for every person like me there is 200 more customers that feel the same way. Your company is the worst and again the worst part of this is that you just don't care!
2019-12-17
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 12-17 14:28
Guys,

Remember that cooler heads prevail. I too am so disgusted with this company. All they seem to do is attempt to snow us with their lame explanations. I am so sick of "So sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you". I also have no plans to buy another DJI product unless they change their ways with customer support. The worst is that they just don't seem to care that they are about to lose this whole customer base. Like I said I have 7 of their copters and this does not even phase them.

I am on the Skydio list.... can't wait to see the back of DJI.. DJI going bankrupt would make me smile....

I hope the person comes to get his phantom... pieces.. he'll get a little notification about flying unsafely from the authorities.... and I'm seriously thinking about reporting every DJI drone flyer as unsafe just to start a stigma against DJI drones....

When I see a chinese I think DJI and feel rage...rude bunch of people... their product support is as good as their driving and as bad as their rudness...
2019-12-17
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

So what does the gigabyte download contain.... DJI take that BS so called update and shove it where the sun doesn't shine... I'm not updating this sham... How hard is it to unlock the CS to install the android APK?
Incompetent mules.
2019-12-17
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

I am not sure and have been investigating how to do it. I have not rooted a device in a long time. I am looking at procedures with results on people who have actually done it. If I get anywhere with this I will certainly post it. Its a shame that we have to go this route.
2019-12-17
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 12-17 17:42
I am not sure and have been investigating how to do it. I have not rooted a device in a long time. I am looking at procedures with results on people who have actually done it. If I get anywhere with this I will certainly post it. Its a shame that we have to go this route.

I'm all for it....

Look at this:
"DO NOT revert to an earlier firmware version after updating to v3.0.2.0. Otherwise, CrystalSky will malfunction and the user will be required to contact DJI After-Sales for support."

What incompetent cretins write the code??? what kind of a company stops backwards downgrades... Obviously unfinished buggy code.... thats what you get from 死鱼眼 programmers.. chinese rubbish... except this time its not cheap chinese rubbish, just rubbish.
2019-12-17
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mAIRs Posted at 12-17 20:12
I'm all for it....

Look at this:

I think it is more likely a purposeful move than it is an incompetent move.  I’m sure they have their reasons for wanting to lock it forward.  It may be for security purposes or it may be to try to limit rooting or similar.  Who knows, but I’d guess it is purposeful on their part.
2019-12-17
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 12-17 20:18
I think it is more likely a purposeful move than it is an incompetent move.  I’m sure they have their reasons for wanting to lock it forward.  It may be for security purposes or it may be to try to limit rooting or similar.  Who knows, but I’d guess it is purposeful on their part.

What ever it is, I'm not installing it and leaving my rooting option open... the only way i'll install any of their updates is when the OS is opened to install the generic DJI Go4 APK... otherwise I'll just end up rooting it and getting around the problem that way....
When my Skydio arrives I'll revert and sell all and forget I ever had the misfortune to deal with DJI.

I'm recommending that all CS users are weary in installing this update, doesn't seem to change anything, add anything or improve anything and yet its a GIGABYTE file!!. I predict that the ones who install it will suddenly have overheating and failure issues when the units are out of warranty.... DJI hoping that you  guys get the smart controller.. which apparently did not have a big uptake....
2019-12-17
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

G.Schaub Posted at 12-17 08:56
NON-benefits from this "update" --- DJI GO 3 App: V 3.1.59 - Inspire 1 RAW
Check out the tremendous lag - I can't understand how DJI releases the updated with these HUGE issues! Don't they have a QA dept?
BTW - videos in the DJI Go gallery are now not playable ---- terrible!!

What do you expect? The I1 series is EOL since a long time.
Rather surprising dji did any support in the past 2 years to still support it.

But I feel your pain. I've also still got a I1, which I just need for pilot training in student/teacher setup.
Tghis will also end soon as there are no more TB47/48 batteries since a long time and 9 out of 12 batteries have gone faulty by now.
But hey, the bird is alos very old now.

I really would love to see a lot of bugs from the past 3 years getting fixed for the I2.
2019-12-18
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

CS785HB hardware... flashing the ROM should make the CS a generic Android tablet, without DJLie restrictions....
IMG_3619.JPG
IMG_3620.JPG
IMG_3622.JPG
2019-12-18
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mAIRs Posted at 12-18 03:36
CS785HB hardware... flashing the ROM should make the CS a generic Android tablet, without DJLie restrictions....

I'm interested to see your results if you give it a try!
2019-12-18
Use props
G.Schaub
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mexico

Coyut Posted at 12-18 01:18
What do you expect? The I1 series is EOL since a long time.
Rather surprising dji did any support in the past 2 years to still support it.

Sorry but I disagree, they are still selling the CS with the promise to be compatible with inspire series. So they should provide the support and apps to use it including all native functions.  That's my point of view.
2019-12-18
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

G.Schaub Posted at 12-18 12:40
Sorry but I disagree, they are still selling the CS with the promise to be compatible with inspire series. So they should provide the support and apps to use it including all native functions.  That's my point of view.

And I agree.
2019-12-18
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

G.Schaub I agree with you also. The issue here is that if we were dealing with a reputable company than we would have an expectation that they would support their product.
DJI is not a reputable company that stands behind it's products and most importantly their valuable customers.
They just don't care and would rather give you the standard DJI line of "So sorry, our engineers are working on this, we will get back to you"
2019-12-20
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules