Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Archangel3356 Posted at 12-27 11:27
Lannes, have you tried a flight yet with the upgrade? If so did it do anything you can notice like fix the lag or map issues, maybe get a 1080 FPV view back from the Mavic 2’s ? Anything ?? Thank you

Yes , I have flown

I've never had any lag issues with the AC's I have on the current CS version

The mapping continues to work well, but I use a mi-fi to connect to in the field, hate the caching process.

Don'y know anything about the 1080p FPV view ?

The only thing that concerns me at this stage is the heat on maximum brightness, it seems to heat up quicker but remain constant after that.
It's the first time my CS 5.5 has behaved like this, before it was much cooler, the UB has always been fragile but continues to work.

I have been using the CS's at half brightness just to be conservative, but that defeats the purpose of having them LOL

2019-12-27
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 12-27 13:58
Yes , I have flown

I've never had any lag issues with the AC's I have on the current CS version

Regardless if you put the firmware in, DJI should allow you to go back to the prior firmware. Thats so bogus and am making sure i dont upgrade. The heat issue concerns me very much!
2019-12-27
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 12-27 13:58
Yes , I have flown

I've never had any lag issues with the AC's I have on the current CS version

Thanks lannes for your info. I’m not doing this upgrade, no way.  I’ve had two 7.8 ” 1000 nit Crystalsky monitors for 2 years now I’ve never experienced a heat issue with either one of them always on full brightness here in Arizona. This upgrade is way to risky from what I’m reading and having no way to roll back is the icing on the never upgrade cake. Crystalsky was orphaned by DJI the month after it was introduced.
2019-12-27
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Archangel3356 Posted at 12-27 18:58
Thanks lannes for your info. I’m not doing this upgrade, no way.  I’ve had two 7.8 ” 1000 nit Crystalsky monitors for 2 years now I’ve never experienced a heat issue with either one of them always on full brightness here in Arizona. This upgrade is way to risky from what I’m reading and having no way to roll back is the icing on the never upgrade cake. Crystalsky was orphaned by DJI the month after it was introduced.

You'll find that this is the vast majority of CS owners,,,,With all of this info that came to light, you'd have to be a special kind of stupid to install this crap that those amateurs pseudo engineers put out...
Hey DJI, I rate this update and send you a:

4 4 4 4 4 4   
           4 4 4 4 4 4 4   
        4 4 4 4    4 4 4  
     4 4 4 4       4 4 4  
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
                4 4 4 4 4  
                4 4 4 4 4  
                4 4 4 4 4  

out of 10...

2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Don't you think it's funny despite us all hating our CS's, there are very few being sold second hand

If we don't like them, we should just get rid of them and look for another solution

2019-12-29
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 12-29 17:36
Don't you think it's funny despite us all hating our CS's, there are very few being sold second hand

If we don't like them, we should just get rid of them and look for another solution

If the solution were a 1000 nit iPad mini these two Crystalskys would be gone !
2019-12-29
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mAIRs Posted at 12-28 00:38
You'll find that this is the vast majority of CS owners,,,,With all of this info that came to light, you'd have to be a special kind of stupid to install this crap that those amateurs pseudo engineers put out...
Hey DJI, I rate this update and send you a:

Time to install Litchi

https://flylitchi.com/

step by step instructions

https://flylitchi.com/dji-monitors

the mission hub is good fun, I've run a few missions

https://flylitchi.com/hub

also Google maps is way more detailed than mapbox

2019-12-30
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

lannes Posted at 12-29 17:36

Screen brightness is the only thing worth keeping it... and I'll sell my DJI gear as a whole package when I get my Skydio 2.
2019-12-30
Use props
VisionMPP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047536 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

hi guys this is my experience with the latest firmware for the crystalsky monitor.

1. No overheating issues i used all three batteries for my Mavic Pro Platinum, i observed that the fan on the cs may have come on earlier( I live in the Caribbean islands).

2. from time to time i get laggy video. a normal restart would fix. I did not get any laggy footage so far.

3. No GO4 disconnects or crashes. I flew for about 1hr 10min today without issues.

I am gonna be still testing.

2019-12-30
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

VisionMPP Posted at 2019-12-30 18:14
hi guys this is my experience with the latest firmware for the crystalsky monitor.

1. No overheating issues i used all three batteries for my Mavic Pro Platinum, i observed that the fan on the cs may have come on earlier( I live in the Caribbean islands).

Thank for the update... did you try installing of 3rd party APKs??
2020-1-1
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

VisionMPP Posted at 2019-12-30 18:14

1. No overheating issues i used all three batteries for my Mavic Pro Platinum, i observed that the fan on the cs may have come on earlier( I live in the Caribbean islands).

Thanks VisionMPP,   Well this doesn’t sound too bad but I do not like the idea of not being able to roll back if needed. I’ve waited this long so I’ll wait for some more reports from members who install it and see what the verdict is. Thanks again, truly appreciate these reports.
2020-1-1
Use props
VisionMPP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047536 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Archangel3356 Posted at 1-1 05:47
Thanks VisionMPP,   Well this doesn’t sound too bad but I do not like the idea of not being able to roll back if needed. I’ve waited this long so I’ll wait for some more reports from members who install it and see what the verdict is. Thanks again, truly appreciate these reports.

Your welcome man. I am not sure why DJI will want to stop us from rolling back our firmware updates. I am sure it's just a matter time before someone finds a way.
2020-1-1
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Archangel3356 Posted at 1-1 05:47

Problem is that almost everyone is waiting for verdicts, so this might be another long wait.....

but as you said, not being to roll back is a deal breaker for me....

I just want DJI Go 4 version 4.3.25 on my CS and wont be installing this firmware... otherwise DJI can go to hell with their lack of updates and support on this monitor.

I just need to bear with it until I have my Skydio 2....
2020-1-1
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

VisionMPP Posted at 1-1 13:31
Your welcome man. I am not sure why DJI will want to stop us from rolling back our firmware updates. I am sure it's just a matter time before someone finds a way.

I imagine that too many people using the CS with other drones perhaps, and DJI have to "STOP THAT"...

2020-1-1
Use props
Pauxier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm curious to know what is broken with peoples Crystal Sky monitors? I've seen a couple of mentions of screen lag.
2020-1-7
Use props
Hover Hound
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36745 ft
South Africa

Pauxier Posted at 1-7 07:51
I'm curious to know what is broken with peoples Crystal Sky monitors? I've seen a couple of mentions of screen lag.

Laggy video is only one problem. Hardware i.e. processing power and Android 5.1.1 OS are from a bygone era.

The built in GPS is hopeless. Slow to update and very poor precision, making GO4 features such as Follow Me and dynamic home point unusable (really).

I have experienced frequent app crashes with my CS 5.5". Freezes, blank screen etc. By comparison my iPad mini4 at half the price works twice as fast and smooth as butter and does it without glitches.

DJI's unapologetic lack of software support for this "premium" product is almost unbelievable. Despite a recent firmware update, there has not been a GO4 update for more than 18 months!

The bright screen and HDMI (if you use it) out is all it has going for it. If you are thinking of buying a CS, read this forum carefully. It's a shame because it could have been a great product with good hardware and proper support.
2020-1-7
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

FYI Guys,,DJI is still selling this thing refurbished in their store for just over a thousand bucks. You got to love it. Poor saps that buy the thing only to find out that there is no support for their Mavic Mini.

Take a look;

https://store.dji.com/pages/refurbished?from=store-pc-nav
2020-1-7
Use props
Pauxier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Ultra CS and use it only for the Phantom 4 pro. I've never had any of your problems. I know that doesn't help but it may serve as a clue to the two different units being VERY different. I only use that setup for high res stuff so I don't really notice app differences. The Mavic2 with smart controller is for the fun stuff.   ---no point to this---  I was just curious.
2020-1-8
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Question for DJI

The latest Smart Controller update from a few days ago included DJI Go 4 4.3.28,  the latest version.

WHEN IS THE CS GETTING THE SAME UPDATE !!!

Sometime in Dec 2020 ?????????
2020-1-10
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

lannes Posted at 1-10 15:18
Question for DJI

The latest Smart Controller update from a few days ago included DJI Go 4 4.3.28,  the latest version.

DJI will never learn and hopefully will be in teh history books soon...

In the meant time... Check this out... I'm drooling....

auteldrones. com/pages/evo2

I'm just gunna mop up the drool and say gimme.... I'm replacing my M2 with this.... decided.. and software works on the CS!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO.....

Se ya later DJI, you incompetent lazy mules... and don't worry, I'm spreading the word about your contempt to your "customers"..

"Thanks for your understanding...." HAHHAHA
2020-1-10
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

... with the software support. The new update for the Smart Controller will stop now. too many mistakes.
2020-1-11
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 1-10 22:47
DJI will never learn and hopefully will be in teh history books soon...

In the meant time... Check this out... I'm drooling....

EXACTLY!!  Now I understand why you can’t downgrade after the latest upgrade. So happy I didn’t do the upgrade. My CrystalSky is going to be awesome with that new 6K Autel. Damn I’m excited about this release !!
2020-1-11
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

Pauxier Posted at 1-8 12:31
I have the Ultra CS and use it only for the Phantom 4 pro. I've never had any of your problems. I know that doesn't help but it may serve as a clue to the two different units being VERY different. I only use that setup for high res stuff so I don't really notice app differences. The Mavic2 with smart controller is for the fun stuff.   ---no point to this---  I was just curious.

Fly with an iPhone or android tablet with the latest Go4 installed. Go thru the settings and see all you’ve been missing with CrystalSky for over a year. It’s pathetic really.
2020-1-11
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Dave,

Have you been able to evaluate the Decemeber 2019 DJI update now to the Crystal Sky as you have had it for a while now?

Heres the big questions Dave, ,

1) does it in fact take away the ability to sideload APK files? I am hearing that as the number one big issue? That would be bad as it would take away the ability to load programs like Litchi? I recently put the Autel Explorer program in with no issue and I got the APK from APKpure.com.

2)  Dave, what kind of performance are you experiencing? Did you find that it is making the fan run all the time and is the unit getting overly hot?

If anyone else has upgraded and can lend some information to this, please do so?

Thanks so much all!

2020-1-12
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 2019-12-27 00:56
Thanks for the advice, I have already upgraded to the latest CS firmware  

I missed your post here, Thanks for answering the sideload question. I guess you can side load programs then with APK files?

Lannes how is the operation overall? Is it getting very hot with the Fan on all the time as originally reported after the update?

Thanks?
2020-1-12
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 2019-12-27 13:58
Yes , I have flown

I've never had any lag issues with the AC's I have on the current CS version

I just reread your post here. Any further updates on this? Does it still get super warm with the fan on all the time?
2020-1-12
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 1-12 11:13
I just reread your post here. Any further updates on this? Does it still get super warm with the fan on all the time?

The 5.5 HB is working as it always has, so the fan mod didn't benefit it.
The Ultra I haven't really used that much, but the few times I have it's gone ok, but I only use 50% brightness, so it's working like a HB
2020-1-12
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 1-12 13:55
The 5.5 HB is working as it always has, so the fan mod didn't benefit it.
The Ultra I haven't really used that much, but the few times I have it's gone ok, but I only use 50% brightness, so it's working like a HB

So at this point is there any negative you are seeing from the update? I know you cant downgrade it with this firmware but the sideload and the heat are not much of a problem and both seem to be OK?
2020-1-12
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 1-12 15:43
So at this point is there any negative you are seeing from the update? I know you cant downgrade it with this firmware but the sideload and the heat are not much of a problem and both seem to be OK?

Don't do it Jeff, it's a trap...
2020-1-12
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

So sort of good news, bitter sweet really... with the new FAA proposal where all drones will either have to constantly broadcast position and the position of the pilot or fly in "allowed only" areas like voting swamps... this will all but kill the hobby drone flying and I turn send this garbage company, DJI, bankrupt because no one will be buying their unsupported products, any of them... or personally it's a small price to pay to see the end of DJI.
2020-1-12
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

With items that supposedly changed in the update, you'll never really be able to tell if they work.

I suspect this is what they are doing.  LOL

• Optimized system stability. (adds some patches to shore up 5.1.1 an outdated OS)
  • Optimized the performance of CrystalSky in high-temperature environments. (turns the fan on earlier)
  • Optimized video transmission. (reduces the FPS so that the screen does not lag)

But so far I haven't seen any reduction in performance from before, except it seems to get hot faster and then the fans come on earlier to compensate
2020-1-12
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

This will kill the hobby, and in turn DJI....

I guess its sad that the hobby will die, but the world will be better off without companies like DJI and their contemptuous behavior to their customers... good riddance I say....
2020-1-12
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 1-12 15:46
Don't do it Jeff, it's a trap...

I wont pal,,,just want to know what they did with the update.
2020-1-12
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 1-12 16:23
With items that supposedly changed in the update, you'll never really be able to tell if they work.

I suspect this is what they are doing.  LOL

Thanks for the synopsis. Much appreciated!
2020-1-12
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

I haven't used my Ultra for a year. I've often thought about selling it. But I hardly believe that a new model will come. I'll settle for the Crystalsky to fly here and there. I just think it is a pity that the Smart Controller has simply more modern or even more functions. Nevertheless I like the large display. Let's see what I will do with it in 2020!
2020-1-19
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

IOS DJI Go 4 is now 4.3.29

The CS is going down
2020-1-25
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Guys, I found out that DJI is still selling the Crystal Sky brand new in their store. Those poor unsuspecting saps that buy this thing that's already outdated when they buy it!

https://store.dji.com/product/crystalsky?vid=23531
2020-1-27
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 1-27 19:17
Guys, I found out that DJI is still selling the Crystal Sky brand new in their store. Those poor unsuspecting saps that buy this thing that's already outdated when they buy it!

That's because only bad things come out of China... cheap products, lazy people, lies, scams and the Coronavirus...

4 DJI...
2020-1-28
Use props
fanse9503193
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319452 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

jazzyjeff Posted at 1-27 19:17

meaning a indication that no crystalsky 2 is comming out
2020-1-30
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

some news if the Matrice 300 will be able to fly with the Crystalsky? The Smart Controller is supposed to work!
2020-2-6
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules