Does Mavic 2 Pro support "Follow Me" mode?
3064 7 2019-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kykmavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Does anybody know if this mode is available for M2P?
2019-12-16
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

If I trust google: I guess so...
2019-12-16
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I wouldn't buy the bird just for this one feature unless you can confirm they've worked out the glitches -- on the original Mavic Pro Active Track works quite well but Follow Me is problematic to the point where people were talking about the feature being removed. Check the many threads here in the forum for details.
2019-12-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Thank you for reaching to DJI Froum and for this inquiry. With regards to the " Folow me mode " inquiry. The DJI Mavic 2 Series has the Activatetrack 2.0 allows you to select an object on your mobile device screen. The aircraft adjust it's flight to track it's subject. No external tracking device is required. DJI Mavic 2 Series can automatically identify up to 16 objects and uses different tracking strategies to track people, vehicles and boats. Thank you.
2019-12-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive used active track2 a few times, it works quite well but you can trick it,  like hide behind a bush and reappear and it can loose you.
2019-12-17
Use props
kykmavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-16 15:11
Hi, Thank you for reaching to DJI Froum and for this inquiry. With regards to the " Folow me mode " inquiry. The DJI Mavic 2 Series has the Activatetrack 2.0 allows you to select an object on your mobile device screen. The aircraft adjust it's flight to track it's subject. No external tracking device is required. DJI Mavic 2 Series can automatically identify up to 16 objects and uses different tracking strategies to track people, vehicles and boats. Thank you.

Thank you for answering clearly this question. However, if for any reason it stops tracking you, is there a way to re-track without pausing?
2019-12-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

kykmavic Posted at 12-17 07:06
Thank you for answering clearly this question. However, if for any reason it stops tracking you, is there a way to re-track without pausing?

Hi. Thank you for the additional inquiry. For this inquiry. Once the drone loses it's subject, you will need to manually track the subject again. If you have any further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.
2019-12-19
Use props
robertb0
New
Flight distance : 1755866 ft
South Africa

I find Active Track rather disappointing. If the selected object disappears out of sight for just a second (eg. a bush, tree, etc) the drone loses the object and stops tracking right away. The Follow me (or the RC controller) mode was a much more reliable tracking method.  Why was follow me dropped? Any chance of it coming back?
2022-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules