12Next >
17823 53 2019-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MacicMiniOdense
New
Denmark

Hi DJI Forum!

I've just received my new Mavic Mini today, on the second flight i experienced a sensor error, consequently the drone speed up and kept on flying to the left. Regardless if i stopped touching the controller, counter turned the Mavic or whatever it kept on flying, and eventually hit a building. I find this extremely concerning as it is immensely dangerous to have a uncontrollable drone flying around.

Has anybody else experienced anything similar?

Sensor Error

Sensor Error

Drone after Crash

Drone after Crash
2019-12-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MacicMiniOdense. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your previous flight of your DJI Mavic Mini. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Mavic Mini. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to check the said drone and to assist you further with regards to this issue.  We have the team who would do their best to check, assess and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_ojpKXuxmPkx5
New
Dominican Republic

Hi I got my mavic mini today and at the second flight I got the same error "sensor error"' I immediately stopped the drone because I didn't want to harm it. Please if anyone know how to fix this let me know.
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_ojpKXuxmPkx5
New
Dominican Republic

djiuser_ojpKXuxmPkx5 Posted at 12-25 18:49
Hi I got my mavic mini today and at the second flight I got the same error "sensor error"' I immediately stopped the drone because I didn't want to harm it. Please if anyone know how to fix this let me know.

Here is the pic
2019-12-26
Use props
BorisZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90348 ft
  • >>>
United States

This sensor error happened to a lot of people. I’ve seen at least 2 videos on YouTube that gave the same senor error message. One flipped out of the sky and one did a brief crazy flyaway. I have 2 Mavic Minis and both give me senor error messages. I returned the first Mini because I thought it was defective. The second one is just the same. But this issue haven’t caused any abnormal behavior yet. After flying the Mini for sometimes it appears that sensor error message likes to pop up when the drone switches from gps mode to opti mode. It’s definitely a confidence killer for Mavic Mini users. Hope Dji can fix this with a firmware update.
2019-12-27
Use props
siowxsen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1952359 ft
Malaysia

I face sensor error too... waiting solution...
2019-12-28
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

First time since I am flying I got sensor error today, just after liftoff it gave me that error message for 2 seconds and then everything was ok. Also I realized drone was a bit weird today, it was not stable as usual, I mean it was a bit windy 5m/s but I've flew before on this wind and it didnt feel like today. Also the drone was kind of drifting to the left side from time to time, not a huge drift, but noticeable, it was just not stable.
2019-12-28
Use props
Miichaeld
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57864 ft
United States

BorisZ Posted at 12-27 13:10
This sensor error happened to a lot of people. I’ve seen at least 2 videos on YouTube that gave the same senor error message. One flipped out of the sky and one did a brief crazy flyaway. I have 2 Mavic Minis and both give me senor error messages. I returned the first Mini because I thought it was defective. The second one is just the same. But this issue haven’t caused any abnormal behavior yet. After flying the Mini for sometimes it appears that sensor error message likes to pop up when the drone switches from gps mode to opti mode. It’s definitely a confidence killer for Mavic Mini users. Hope Dji can fix this with a firmware update.

Same thing happened to mine. I got it a week ago and had flew it almost everyday in different locations.
Today I was flying it from a pier, I got the "sensor error" message in my screen, the mavic mini kept going downwards even if I tried going up. It hit the water, image froze and that was it.

I know  it is not recommended to fly it above water/snow but I hadn't experienced this error and now I find this thread with more people with the same problem.
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_yhVU8zRLiU9w
New

Netherlands

Had the drone for one week, second outdoor flight. Sensor error occurred and motor error too. the speed went up and the drone flew away to the left and crashed. Broke one arm and damaged top cover. One day prior it also happend inside. No crash during that time.
2019-12-29
Use props
fans9a191cd4
New
United Kingdom

I had my mini out today as well, and yeah, it was acting funny, and I was receiving the odd ""sensor error" messages as well, they would come on, then go off just as quick... I thought I just had maybe a bit muck of something underneath, though, I shouldn't really as I use a small helipad for take off's and landings.

I did a firmware update before heading out as there was one available, though, when I first fired it up and flew it, the gimbal never came on for the camera, I couldnt even move the camera up and down, it was stuck... So landed it, turned it off then back on and it was fine afterwards , but, I did noticed some slight "drifting" on occasions, and it wasnt windy as I was in a pretty enclosed area... I also go a poor signal message as well, and the mini was basically 60m directly above me, which again, I found odd.

Whereas previously, everything went well, so I'm blaming the firmware update from this morning, which, I'll keep an eye out for another one before I take it back out!

Not good like, but alas, this is tech, tech breaks like everything else, so fingers crossed a firmware update will sort it!
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_r4HUoAP5Zyvt
New
Norway

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-16 16:00
Hello and good day MacicMiniOdense. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your previous flight of your DJI Mavic Mini. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Mavic Mini. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to check the said drone and to assist you further with regards to this issue.  We have the team who would do their best to check, assess and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.

Same problem with mine. Got sensor failure prior to takeoff and was unable to lift. It went away and came back a couple of times. Was able to perform a flight but after reading about the result other pilots have experience I now hesitate to take it airborne. You really need to fix this!!
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_dtITmjZsJU1O
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128376 ft
Greece

This error i get it when i start the flight.
Only then for the moment i see that error
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_UYOuFWXVJDU9
New
Flight distance : 11772 ft
United States

Same thing happened to me today. My mini flew straight up to about 100 ft and then I got a sensor error. With no controller input, the drone veered violently to the left and crashed into a tree  and a brick wall. Broke off one leg and the gimbal. Just sent it in to DJI. Disappointing.
2019-12-30
Use props
Albela Rahi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115833 ft
Ireland

I had the same issue. I used super glue to fix it but fly it low to test as i was on new year break and I contacted DJI many times but no one responded. I was so annoyed. This is my 3rd drone with them. I finally logged a ticket yesterday, let see if they action.
2020-1-12
Use props
Albela Rahi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115833 ft
Ireland

I had the same issue. I used super glue to fix it but fly it low to test as i was on new year break and I contacted DJI many times but no one responded. I was so annoyed. This is my 3rd drone with them. I finally logged a ticket yesterday, let see if they action.
2020-1-12
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

I had sensor error warning popping up today 4 times during 2 flights, any idea?
2020-1-12
Use props
onthecase
lvl.1
Flight distance : 205003 ft
Ireland

I had the sensor error today for the first time too...and the last as it totally crashed my drone after going haywire! To add insult to injury, then I tried to send my issue to DJI (as I am holding them responsible for the crash due to a module failure (as the new drone is clearly faulty), you cannot submit the email query as the website chokes.... Its not a good first impression of DJI for me, but I hoping they come good when I can call support on Monday.
2020-1-12
Use props
panagiotis09
New
Flight distance : 13757 ft
Greece

Hi, I bought the mavic mini a month ago, I haven't piloted enough hours. From today's flight, I was afraid that I would lose it when it started going forward alone, without obeying the remote control. It was its 59th flight. On the mobile at that moment he displayed a "sensor eror" for a very short time, without realizing it.
Also on the last flight (3 hours and many kilometers away from the first point) when it was at 77 meters the "rc signal lost" message appeared. I was right below just recording a 360 ° video.
It's something I have to pay attention to or was it accidental ?
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_1fP0mOJIlJsv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177972 ft
United States

After getting the error code aircraft max power reached for 2 days tonight I hit a sensor error, I’m lucky I have it still, I have 80 flights and now trouble, glad I bought refresh I think I’m going to need it in the near future.
2020-1-12
Use props
BASILT
lvl.1

Malaysia

Flew my Mavic Mini for the first time today. Before the 3rd take-off, there was a sensor error indicated on the screen but the error was replaced with the indication it was ok to fly. Took-off and started to move forward without any control and crashed. What gives.
2020-1-13
Use props
bsbrunacci
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19196 ft
Brazil

Hello all, bought my Mavic Mini last week, had no issues on first flight, drained all three batteries (approx. 1 hour flying). For my surprise, on the second flight session the GPS Module Error was triggered, drone went to the left out of control, even though I tried counter acting the movements with the controller, and finally crash-landed. I was lucky that it fell on grass, so it came out only with minor scratches. The only thing that was hurt is my confidence on flying it again. Please see below some screenshots of the situation.

2020-1-17
Use props
yakker
lvl.1
United States

I also had this problem yesterday and while I was able to wrestle it into submission and it did fly proper within direct line of sight about 20 feet away from me (40ft down the river and slightly behind a tree it started acting erratically). My question (as a system administrator) is: where are the logs stored that detail specific flight data such as any sensor errors and such? I want to believe the poster above that suggested this is caused by a switch from gps to optical flow sensors from my experience in my location had some tree cover that may have prevented the 1 billion gps sensors necessary for stable flight.  
2020-1-19
Use props
djiuser_5otlMP0jz2qm
New
Flight distance : 4488 ft
Singapore

My drone crashed into a commercial site window and its stuck forever.

Will dji be responsible for this?
2020-1-20
Use props
GredyMart123
New

Costa Rica

I also had this sensor error problem, it has risen in rth mode without control, I could not help it and entered a house crashing everywhere, this was very very dangerous. Finally it came out fell into the water for 40 seconds. Will DJI change my mavic mini drone?
2020-1-20
Use props
GredyMart123
New

Costa Rica

I also had this sensor error problem, it has risen in rth mode without control, I could not help it and entered a house crashing everywhere, this was very very dangerous. Finally it came out fell into the water for 40 seconds. Will DJI change my mavic mini drone?
Crash.jpg
2020-1-20
Use props
Mrkarltl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108835 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received my mavic mini. Just got around to trying it out. Just doing some simple slow flying in the house.

Things went fine for a few flights then started getting the same sensor error. I think it went on and off once or twice then the drone went crazy. Started gaining altitude and shifting to the right.  I tried to regain control. Was able to get control of altitude and, to some degree, the right hand motion. Started to bring it backwards but lost control again and it ran into a wall.

I had seen the sensor error on the previous flight. Didn't lose control. I went through the compass, imu and control unit calibration routines. All seemed to go successfully.
2020-1-25
Use props
MaikPik
lvl.1
Spain

Hola  a tod@s.

En mi segundo vuelo con mi mavic mini me salia error en el sensor inferior y no me deja volarlo. Reinicie la aplicación y el drone unas cuantas veces y desapareció, pero cuando le cambie la batería para ponerle otra me volvía a salir el error. Ahora el error ya no se va y no puedo volar mi drone.
Esto deja mucho que desear, ya que en su segundo vuelo ya no lo puedo utilizar.
Intente conectar el drone al ordenador y atraves de la aplicación dji assistant 2 para mavic como me dijeron DJI y el drone no me lo reconoce, he probado de todo incluso quitar la firma digital del windows y nada.

Un saludo.
2020-2-6
Use props
djiuser_9CuRfrNUiBQb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74498 ft
Argentina

Good afternoon: I also experience that incident about "sensor error" before starting the flight. Then the message disappears and another message appears: "Navigation without GPS" It is quite worrying! I hope you can correct this. Thank you!   
2020-2-13
Use props
djiuser_KilhXqKifhW1
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_ojpKXuxmPkx5 Posted at 2019-12-25 18:49

Hey there! I'm a little late to the party here but I've just noticed the same problem coming up on my new Mavic Mini and was wondering if you were ever given a solution?
2020-2-18
Use props
Enchodus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45788622 ft
Jordan

After flying over 500 kilometers I'm now getting similar error messages for the first time today, "Sensor error" NO gps" "Atti mode", I could have lost my drone despite fact I take precautions to make sure I do everything right!!! Help DJI!!!!
2020-2-23
Use props
Enchodus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45788622 ft
Jordan

djiuser_9CuRfrNUiBQb Posted at 2-13 12:24
Good afternoon: I also experience that incident about "sensor error" before starting the flight. Then the message disappears and another message appears: "Navigation without GPS" It is quite worrying! I hope you can correct this. Thank you!

same exact here first time today after more than 500 km, worrying for sure, I was about 1.2 km from home when it happened!!!
2020-2-23
Use props
Richyboi
New

United Kingdom

Any fix for this yet?  Patiently waiting to buy.
2020-3-1
Use props
philo-Mavicmini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85397 ft

United States

Hi everyone, this is my first post and unfortunately it's a bad one.  

I was flying with my daughter, she has a Phanton 3 and I have the mini which is only 2 months old.   We wer flayingover the ocean in Southern CA on a beautiful day with zero wind.  I was taking low and slow beach video, wave video, and then tried a low pass from the beach out to a far rock point.  The run was with an altitude of aprox 12ft but I noticed that the altitude kept changing without my input.  At times during the run I saw swings from .2m  to 6.0m.   I'd also like to point out that my home point was aprox 3 feet higher then the water surface so I believe my run was at an altitude of around 15 feet.  More then safe I assumed.  

So the Mini kept changing altitude on it's own and seconds before I lost contact, while turning left and up (left stick), the drone altitude suddenly went to -3.4m and then the screen froze and the Mini was never recovered.

I sent all the data to DJI and they opened a FlyAway case for me.  I'm wondering if the Mavic Mini sensor problem discussed in this thread has anything to do with my situation.  I'm also wondering what will happen when they reply back.  Has anyone every gotten their drone covered by a FlyAway incident where DJI admitted fault ?

I have the route map showing all the details but can't figure out how to export it.   I'd love for you guys to take a look at the travel path and see how the drone kept changing altitude.   I get the feeling that maybe flying over a super glassy water surface somehow confused the ground sensor and it flew my drone into the ocean.  

All thoughts are welcome.  And if someone can post how to get the map travel route video off my phone that would be great.

Phil.
2020-3-11
Use props
philo-Mavicmini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85397 ft

United States

I was able to find the online logviewer, here's my path.   Also, looking at the log map in the DJI Fly app where it shoes stick inputs, I noticed that I did not manually lower the altitude towards the end of the flight.  Very strange.  

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/QCIFPV4JZH9HARRX7LZJ/
2020-3-11
Use props
Fladu
New

Brazil

I'm from Brazil!!!
I bought a mavic mini five days ago and on my first job mavic gave a sensor error and started flying to the left side! how to fix this problem?
2020-3-16
Use props
djiuser_tsgwvW8F6H3S
New
Flight distance : 17759 ft
Argentina

Hola, Soy de Argentina, compre el DJI Mavic Mini, y en mi 4to vuelo me comenzó a aparecer error de sensor. Funciona normalmente, pero me aparece ese cartel. Alguna solución por parte de DJI???? tampoco pude sacarle la garantía "Safe care etc..." vía web por que no aparece mi país (Tiene tienda oficial) ni Chile, en donde lo compre, tambien una tenda oficial de DJI, si pasa algo, se harán responsables?
2020-3-22
Use props
djiuser_ZieK3p5g9XLg
New

Canada

I have had a sensor error as well. The message pops up during flight and disappears again. Shortly after my drone drops elevation and hits the ground. I've had this a few times. I've tried to fly with and without propellor guards but it does not seem to make a difference. Please help!
2020-4-13
Use props
djiuser_9WwRiozSXOhB
New
Flight distance : 21552 ft
United States

Just had the exactly same thing. Luckily drone hit a bush and is unharmed, but if it flips something like that on me again I'm returning it.
2020-4-15
Use props
stefa.negri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 613937 ft

Italy

È  capitato anche a me. Mini mavic da un paio di mesi e una volta sola, su una sessantina di piccoli voli, causa virus, mi è partito impazzito a sinistra con errore sensori.
Per fortuna solo rottura di una elica.
Ora sono terrorizzato che possa ricapitare.
Peccato perché è un vero gioiello.
Dji fate qualcosa. Stefano
2020-4-17
Use props
RoloDrones
lvl.1

Canada

I also had the same problem and my drone fell into the pool. He stayed in the water for only 10 seconds. I removed the batteries and put my Mavic in a bag with rice for 5 days. Now I have a sensor and GPS error.

I sent it to DJI and the answer that gave me is that the drone fell overboard. They don't want to do anything for my drone.

I asked to return it to me which did. When I received them I opened it and he hadn't even looked at it because there. Screws that still had the little sticky on it.

It's weird that no one from DJI came to the forum to help us with this problem.
2020-4-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules