Camera partially functioning
822 10 2019-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ronnie_Othman
lvl.2
United States

Hello,
I haven't flown my drown in quite a while. I can see it's no longer being sold at this point either too ahaha. Although, I have a Phantom 4 and I just started playing with it again. Used it a couple times before then forgot about it. I'm coming back to play with it and I started it up and I'm having some issues with it.

I did a test flight with it and it still took off and works beautifully. Although, I was using my iPad as a monitor and I had trouble getting the camera to display on it. It would flicker a tiny portion of picture on it then go pitch black. About 1/5th of the picture would show and the rest of the picture would be black. To understand me better it would show 1/5th from the top of what it was filming and 4/5ths towards the bottom going down it would be black and not shown. It would show that top 1/5th every once in a while but mostly be black.

The error message "No Image Transmission" would be displayed while looking at it.

Few things I did was try changing the video format from 4k to 1080p. I tried messing with the manual settings shutter speed/ ISO / aperture. Not sure what could be wrong with it. Any thoughts?
2019-12-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

What model iPad do you have? Have you updated the firmware lately?
2019-12-16
Use props
Ronnie_Othman
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 12-16 21:28
What model iPad do you have? Have you updated the firmware lately?

I used my iPhone XS & I used a very modern iPad although I'm not sure when it was made...Possibly a 2019 or 2018 model (at it's oldest). The outcome was the same. Had that tiny sliver of picture that would occur every 10 seconds for a single second or something (guesstimating). Firmware is up to date.
2019-12-17
Use props
R the G-Man
New

United States

I sometimes get a "No Image Transmission" message and without any image on my monitor for my Phantom 4 Pro.  When I do get this error, it usually comes with warnings of high wireless interference.  By changing the positions of the antennae, I am able to get those video signals back.   
2019-12-17
Use props
Ronnie_Othman
lvl.2
United States

Okay, I'll give that a try.

Also, I got some sort of warning upon start up of updating the drone or something. I can't remember the specific message but I'm thinking that's probably important. I looked at the drone itself and there's an android cable input which is a bit strange to me. I'm using an iPad so it uses USB-C if I were to connect it directly to the drone. Should I go on Amazon and purchase a male-to-male USB-C to Micro USB cable? Seems a bit strange that this natively only supports that one cable format. Or am I overlooking something?
2019-12-17
Use props
Ronnie_Othman
lvl.2
United States

Ronnie_Othman Posted at 12-17 22:04
Okay, I'll give that a try.

Also, I got some sort of warning upon start up of updating the drone or something. I can't remember the specific message but I'm thinking that's probably important. I looked at the drone itself and there's an android cable input which is a bit strange to me. I'm using an iPad so it uses USB-C if I were to connect it directly to the drone. Should I go on Amazon and purchase a male-to-male USB-C to Micro USB cable? Seems a bit strange that this natively only supports that one cable format. Or am I overlooking something?

Yeah, couldn't get it working still. Dunno how to bring my camera back to life. Suggestions?
2019-12-31
Use props
Ronnie_Othman
lvl.2
United States

I’m getting this error & even after connecting it to my iPad there’s no additional prompt on the update or download of it. Maybe this is causing the image transmission to fail.
2020-1-9
Use props
Ronnie_Othman
lvl.2
United States

I’m getting this error & even after connecting it to my iPad there’s no additional prompt on the update or download of it. Maybe this is causing the image transmission to fail.
2CE5F4CB-FC5E-45E7-8C4E-D5325E1E30E4.jpeg
D20430CD-8FEA-491B-B4DE-9210425E209E.jpeg
757EFC01-D091-481B-B35A-10DF5307EA54.jpeg
2020-1-9
Use props
Ronnie_Othman
lvl.2
United States

Ronnie_Othman Posted at 1-9 13:23
I’m getting this error & even after connecting it to my iPad there’s no additional prompt on the update or download of it. Maybe this is causing the image transmission to fail.

Tried connecting the wires in every possible combination. Looked at a YouTube tutorial and they talk about refreshing the firmware and re-installing it. Couldn't refresh the firmware successfully. Would get an error during the process. I'm about ready to give up.
2020-1-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Ronnie_Othman Posted at 1-10 20:30
Tried connecting the wires in every possible combination. Looked at a YouTube tutorial and they talk about refreshing the firmware and re-installing it. Couldn't refresh the firmware successfully. Would get an error during the process. I'm about ready to give up.

This is a very basic question, but is your iPad connected to your WifFi system? Without a connection to the interenet it is not going to update anything.
2020-1-10
Use props
Ronnie_Othman
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-10 22:24
This is a very basic question, but is your iPad connected to your WifFi system? Without a connection to the interenet it is not going to update anything.

It is connected.

So when I use my iPad I get black screen 95% of the time & a tiny part of the camera visible 5% of the time.
Same when I use my iPhone but I used my uncles Samsung phone & it had better compatibility with it. I could see a very pixelated image of the entire shot at 1frame per 3 seconds.

That’s a bigger improvement from switching platforms but still unusable.
2020-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules