DJI STORE PURCHASE - CREDIT CARD HACK
3268 5 2019-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Miniuser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1617 ft
United States

HERE'S SOME FACTS.. Purchased Mini/chip combo with Free Shipping direct from DJI online store out of Lubbock, Texas on Nov 1 and cash was removed online [11/01/2019 Express Checkout Payment: SAIKORON LLC USD -579.69] from my .... account balance.  DJI Email stated drone would be shipped by Dec 5.  [received drone via Fedex Dec 14] .  

A credit card WA NOT USED for this purchase, BUT my .... account profile was apparently accessed during the payment process.

On Dec 3 received phone call from .... credit card bank wishing to verify two Dec 3 [OBAFEMI] purchases of over $3,900 each on my .... credit card which is linked to my .... account.  Upon discussion, Bank agreed that purchases were fraudulent and .... bank credit card was cancelled.  

Later learned by receiving a $168.57 FEDEX invoice on Dec 14th that iFlight [DJI] on Dec 3 also setup a FEDEX account in my name and home billing address for shipping to and from Texas and Ireland plus US Custom Duties.

Inquiry with FEDEX record shows DJI opened a Fedex account in my name and address with the cancelled credit card, Fedex provided the service and because the credit card number provided on the account declined payment, I was being billed at address on account. This has been referred to Fedex fraud department.

Fraud cases have been opened both with .... Credit Card Bank provider and Fedex.  On the plus side the Mini performs as described in reviews and advertised but the ordereing experience is negative overall.

DJI could not be reached for explanation either by phone or email or chat.

2019-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Miniuser, we are sincerely sorry for what happened, I managed to get your order number via your Forum account, your order was paid via ...., there is no way we get your credit card account, let alone we use your account to open a FedEx account. It is recommended to verify with your payment company for further investigation and assistance.
2019-12-17
Use props
Miniuser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1617 ft
United States

Waiting for FEDEX Fraud division followup call and call from ..... fraud division.
2019-12-17
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like you are taking the appropriate measures. I hope everything turns out for the positive for you. Good luck
2019-12-17
Use props
Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Miniuser, once things get straightened out, may give some thought to using a payment company. Sure hope you have no more trouble.
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_yZj9BykgBbjp
lvl.1

Australia

DJI nasty & mean
tony
2023-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules