Forum abuse and Moderators non action
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

I am sorry to bring this up - but at times it is obvious that Moderators are not acting to remove or sanction abuse of forum / abusive content of some members to other members.

I know that Forums can be pretty hard places, basically because the perpetrator is remote from his victim and will not receive a kick in the **** or a bunch of 5's. OK - maybe not that level - but if on the flight field / having a drink and talking - such abuse would not create a problem - it would usually be laughed of.

The forum has provided a report button - but it would appear that it has little effect other than maybe making Reporter feel better. Other forums have a +ve action system that triggers from that report button and they do not get ignored.

We all wish to have a friendly, rewarding experience regardless of whether you like another particular member or not. Some members feel that some replies are condescending or unnecessary - fine, say so - but do not drop to the level of gutter talk. This is the only Forum I know that moderators do not 'hide' such posts and require editing by author. Most forums in fact have a points system as well - acrue so many points and Bye Bye for a period ... do it again and you're history.

I am not going to name such members who seem to think this forum is a mud slingers arena ... you know who you are. But what I am asking is that a measure of good manners be used and that Moderators actually should take action to check and penalise who is reported.

Finally Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all and I wish EVERYONE even the bad guys fantastic 2020 and all the flight time you can get !!
2019-12-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to know about this. We'll forward and seek the attention of the proper team for further assistance. Your patience is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
2019-12-17
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

Agreed
This forum could be so much more beneficial without all of the mud slinging.
At times it can be entertaining but mostly annoying.
I learn a lot about the entire hobby from this and other forums.
This is the only forum I have seen where the mud slinging is not controlled.
We can only hope that some day the moderators will pay attention and do something about it.
But I'm not holding my breath.
2019-12-17
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

Maybe it's a cultural thing reflecting the Chinese. I think it is bad, but disrespect and self centered seems to rule these days. It's water that runs off my back, but I'm concerned where it's going. People are our most precious asset. We need to promote respect and kindness. Who likes to be accosted?   
2019-12-17
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

i know the feeling .....
2019-12-17
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

"We're taking an action against these violators and provide an appropriate resolution" ... sorry but you dont  

It has been clear, I was the one who warned of the massive wave of spammers in this forum, I do not want acknowledgments, not even the points that belong to me for having made those reports.

Sometimes I have my doubts if you are human or machines, you do not respond to the private messages that warn you of these abuses

keywords for filter: love problem solution, marriage, enlargement of penis, love gurus, pills, slimming diets, moneylenders, sorcerers .. and more, all those labels have gone through this forum, inadmissible for me, since I was operator in official support channels for p2p programs (Merkur).   
2019-12-17
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

I am glad that responses haven't taken me to 'task' ... I expected some backlash.

I know I have been involved in a number of 'events' but have always tried to keep it within reasonable bounds. Unfortunately - there are those that because this forum takes no action - think they can post any muck they like by insulting. I think most members are sensible enough to treat such posts with the necessary scroll past ..

This Forum is well known for its 'sanitized' form in that non DJI is frowned upon and has at times been deleted. That's fair enough as its DJI sponsored / owned forum. But DJI should wake up to the fact that there are members who think they can just insult others.
There are other forums which have a more active moderator system and cover DJI products. I know that a number of members of those other forums left this forum.

DJI - please wake up and get the moderators to action properly.

All we basically see are moderator posts thanking us for posting ...  Is that it ??
2019-12-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

I'm surprised that a lot of views - but very few replies.

I'm old and man enough to have for and against posts ... without insults of course !!
2019-12-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I haven't found the forum to be excessively abusive.  Maybe if you provided a few links we could see what you think the problem is?  I agree the Report link doesn't seem to do much regarding reporting occasional spam - or maybe it just takes a long time.  And for the record, I didn't downvote any posts in this thread.  :-)  
2019-12-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

Hi Mark ... I could provide links ... but would prefer not to provoke more insulting behaviour from the members involved.

They know who they are. Pity is that DJI does nothing to curtail them.
2019-12-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

Goldenseal Posted at 12-17 18:25
Maybe it's a cultural thing reflecting the Chinese. I think it is bad, but disrespect and self centered seems to rule these days. It's water that runs off my back, but I'm concerned where it's going. People are our most precious asset. We need to promote respect and kindness. Who likes to be accosted?

I work a lot with Chinese and in fact - they have more strict moral codes than we in the West. You must show respect and if you have a different view / opinion - put it in reasonable and good mannerfull way.

Possibly part of the problem here is when violators 'misspell' words to avoid filters purposely. There's also occasions when violator words such way that anyone who is not native English Speaker would miss the intent.

This is where the Reporting system should assist Moderators to cull such behaviour. But it doesn't.

There are particularly serious insulting posts STILL fully displayed on this forum that I know have been reported - but despite the time since reported are still there.
2019-12-18
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Balancing  emotions ... DONE
2019-12-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 12-18 09:35
Balancing  emotions ... DONE

4 good glasses of vintage Tempranillo wine helps !!
And good music !
2019-12-18
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

solentlife Posted at 12-18 10:03
4 good glasses of vintage Tempranillo wine helps !!
And good music !

sure m8
2019-12-18
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed. And whole-heartedly. Let's be civil, and lets be adults here. If you wouldn't say something to someone's face in person, then you definitely should not say it in the forums. Show some class, and show respect. Golden Rule rules ya'll!
2019-12-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

JPilotR Posted at 12-18 11:18
Agreed. And whole-heartedly. Let's be civil, and lets be adults here. If you wouldn't say something to someone's face in person, then you definitely should not say it in the forums. Show some class, and show respect. Golden Rule rules ya'll!

Thank you.
2019-12-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 12-18 10:12
sure m8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS65htPnwzo

Stunning video .... (I would have added transition between shots though) ...

But in all honesty - what does your video - superb as it is - have to do with the subject ?

2019-12-18
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

solentlife Posted at 12-18 11:55

But in all honesty - what does your video - superb as it is - have to do with the subject ?

yes. I had wine in this church ..
2019-12-19
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

solentlife Posted at 12-18 11:55

this was my 2nd test with mavic mini
2019-12-19
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

That's not bad ... better than I expected for the mini ...
2019-12-19
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

solentlife Posted at 12-19 00:31
That's not bad ... better than I expected for the mini ...

At momment i m very happy with M mini
        first day test
2019-12-19
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

I must have missed a lot as,  I am pleased to say,  I have seen very little muck slinging.  Obviously muck has been slung so-to-speak otherwise you wouldn't have posted as you did solentlife.

My feelings are;  you say what you think in an acceptable manner or don't say it at all.  This in no way means I feel everyone has to agree with various posts,  we are free to express our personal opinion or feeling.  But please,  let's do it in a decent manner,  abuse gets nobody anywhere except (hopefully) off the forum.

In general I am quite pleased with the forum the interaction of members & the help & advice given or received.  It is a great source of a huge amount of knowledge & experience.

Cheers & Happy Christmas .......  or whatever your celebration may be  
2019-12-19
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

Hi Manxmann ....

It was a vicious and totally uncalled for insulting post that prompted this thread. The perpetrator knows exactly what I refer to. What saddens me is that this is not first time he's insulted others. I have PM's in the past from others who have been on the receiving end of his  insults.
Moderators have done nothing to curb it.

I may cut a little close to the line at times - but thats normally prompted by the others taunting post or mud-slinging.

2019-12-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

I agree, whilst a person maybe lacking in the IQ area, calling someone an idiot or stupid or any number of degrading words is wrong, whilst it may not be bullying, a wee rewording and the whole  post could sound more pleasant whilst still taking the person to task. When i see that its directed towards the same peoples on multiple threads/replies etc, thats when it can become bullying. I took a wee break from here and just come back in today to see if there is anything concrete on the new P4P 2.0 rumours and what do i find? and it was pretty much the 1st post that interested me too, prob cause i knew it would be animated though lol.
2019-12-24
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

There are some that are strongly accosted and yet their attacker's post remains. Yet, a comment in a question form gets my post deleted quickly by the proprietors of the forum.  I think it's funny and then sad. What is their ploy? Do they invoke and condone unruly behavior?   
2019-12-25
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

Goldenseal Posted at 12-25 16:46
There are some that are strongly accosted and yet their attacker's post remains. Yet, a comment in a question form gets my post deleted quickly by the proprietors of the forum.  I think it's funny and then sad. What is their ploy? Do they invoke and condone unruly behavior?

I know what you mean.

I have had odd posts deleted because they drop outside of DJI 'business' ..... We have to remember that DJI may provide a forum for us, but they are also a business and do not appreciate 3rd party or competitor products.
Many posts they will leave alone - but odd one here and there will be deleted without warning.

I accept the commercial nature of DJI and that's that.

But I do not accept the lack of action to delete / hold to account those who insult or demean others.
2019-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules