Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mini not stable when hovering
8101 12 2019-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1ZCi2A1yLb9S
lvl.1

Romania

After 8 flights my Mini is not stable anymore when hovering. I was flying it in a big interference zone and i noticed that is not stable in hover, it have a little side to side balance so i land it. Then i take off again and i keep it in front of me at 2m high to observe it. And it went slowly up and down and on sides, not much, some centimeters. The outside temperature was more than 10C. I did the IMU and compass calibrations, i tried after, the same. I changed the place, i have recalibrate, nothing, i went indoor, recalibrate, nothing. It records the home point and the firmware is updated. Until now it was staying perfectly still, outside or inside. Can you please help me?
2019-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to read and to know what is happening on your DJI Mavic Mini. May I know if the said drone had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened. May we also know if you have check the propellers of the said drone if there are damages that might cause this issue. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_1ZCi2A1yLb9S
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-17 11:25
Hello and good day. I am sorry to read and to know what is happening on your DJI Mavic Mini. May I know if the said drone had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened. May we also know if you have check the propellers of the said drone if there are damages that might cause this issue. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.

Hello, thank you for your answer. No crash or hard landing. The propellers are fine from what i see. When it hover i can hear some motor(s) going faster, louder, like working harder to keep the Mini in the air.
2019-12-17
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

If it's accurate to few centimetres, I would say it's ......perfect plus.
It requires some moments to register movement and correct , on gps and barometer readings.
You would have to nail it to the floor to do better.
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_1ZCi2A1yLb9S
lvl.1

Romania

Bright Spark Posted at 12-17 11:40
If it's accurate to few centimetres, I would say it's ......perfect plus.
It requires some moments to register movement and correct , on gps and barometer readings.
You would have to nail it to the floor to do better.

If you let it in the air in hovering more than 10-20 sec it will go up and down for more than 10cm
Until now it reallly stayed in the air like it was on the floor
2019-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure you have at least 11 sattelites and then you could post a flight log here which might show some errors - https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/
2019-12-18
Use props
djiuser_FM1kbXvtWtfw
New

France

HI everybody , i have the exact ptoblem with my DJI MINI 1. I dont know how to fix it. i have recalibrate , the dompass, IMU the Controller. and update the firmware via Dji assustant 2. And the issue seem not to be fixed. I would need the connunauty help. Thank you all.
2023-8-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is this indoors or outdoors and if outdoors what time of day and when is your sunset/sunrise, i.e. how well is the ground illuminated?
2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_FM1kbXvtWtfw Posted at 8-28 06:21
HI everybody , i have the exact ptoblem with my DJI MINI 1. I dont know how to fix it. i have recalibrate , the dompass, IMU the Controller. and update the firmware via Dji assustant 2. And the issue seem not to be fixed. I would need the connunauty help. Thank you all.

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please try the notes below?
1. Ensure that the aircraft mode is normal, i.e., the GPS signal is strong and the aircraft is in non-ATTI mode.
2. It will be better to provide us with a video for us to determine.
3. Try flying to a different location.
4. Check the propellers and the state of the motors. Check whether any motor rotates abnormally when the propellers are not mounted.
5. Confirm that there is no magnetic interference. It is recommended to place the aircraft on level ground for IMU calibration and compass calibration.
6. Check whether the control stick is being pushed. If the stick movement is offset, the remote controller should be calibrated.
Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-29
Use props
djiuser_Z9FtyKFfHfOT
New
Indonesia

Hi , I had a small crash with my dji mini 2 and a propeller broke.. I've swapped it correctly but not the drone is not stable at all while hovering and it hovers at a slight angle , it's not kevel, any idea what is wrong? Everything else seems to be fine.
Thanks
2023-11-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_Z9FtyKFfHfOT Posted at 11-9 21:03
Hi , I had a small crash with my dji mini 2 and a propeller broke.. I've swapped it correctly but not the drone is not stable at all while hovering and it hovers at a slight angle , it's not kevel, any idea what is wrong? Everything else seems to be fine.
Thanks

The first thing to do would be to recalibrate the IMU.
2023-11-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks

Did you replace BOTH blades on the affected motor?
Perhaps you could post a photo of both blades that are currently on that motor and a photo of the drone in flight that shows the "slight angle".
2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks

Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Please try the notes below:
1. Ensure that the aircraft mode is normal, i.e., the GPS signal is strong and the aircraft is in non-ATTI mode.
2. Check whether the device drift or unsteady hovering is within the hovering accuracy range, which is shown in the Specifications of the corresponding product on the DJI official website.
3. Try moving to another flight environment to test.
4. Check the propellers and the state of the motors. Check whether any motor rotates abnormally when the propellers are not mounted.
5. Make sure that there is no magnetic interference. It is recommended to place the aircraft on level ground for IMU calibration and compass calibration.
6. Check the control stick. If the stick movement is offset, the remote controller should be calibrated.
Have a nice day.
2023-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules