The Crystal Sky is not the only tablet having issues
1548 6 2019-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Guys,

I just found that there is a number of tablets having issues with the DJI Fly software. Below is what I posted on the "App" postion of the forum. At that location, there is a bunch of guys having software issues with the DJI Fly software. Anyway, here is the posting;

Just a heads up guys before you buy the Mavic Mini.  The DJI Fly software will not work with a lot of the tablets that you  probably own now that presently work with DJI Go and DJI Go 4 software.  Essentially if you have a tablet which is running fine with DJI Go and  Go 4 , its probably not going to work with the DJI Fly software.

The Einstein's at DJI decided that the Mavic Mini  should have it's own software and not be supported on the current DJI  Go software suite that all their other drones work with . The DJI Go and  Go 4 software will work with no problem on a 32 bit Android 5 tablet  and they work well.
Unfortunately the DJI Fly software requires a 64 bit tablet with Android  7. If it does not have either, it will not work. Even if you have these  specs it may or may not work? This is very picky software.  You will be  lucky if you can get it to work.

When i asked DJI why the Mavic Mini  would not work with DJI Go 4, their answer was some rediculous reply  that it's a beginner drone. I suggested that they cold still use DJI Fly  for beginners but to allow the Mavic Mini  to work with the DJI Go 4 program also. They gave me the standard "So  sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you." Guys,  don't hold your breath on this one.

My only hope is that Litchi supports the Mavic mini soon so that our current tablets will work to fly the Mavic Mini.  I am not about to buy a new tablet for this one drone! It's sad that we  have to hope that a third party vendor supports a DJI drone so we can  use the third party's software to fly with your current tablet

Guys, dont feel to bad. DJI does not even support their own tablet,  the  Crystal Sky. That tablet can cost upwards to $1000 for the  7.85inch. My 5.5 inch model cost me $600.  
The bottom line is that DJI just does not care that it does not work. Oh  well, to bad, time to buy another tablet. Its your problem and not  theirs. Take a look at the angry guys including me under the Crystal Sky  portion of this forum.

You had better learn early that DJI customer support is the worst in the  industry.

Good luck and hope this helps!

2019-12-17
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

Return the Mini... if everyone returned their mini because of unsupported hardware with their software than it would send DJI a message...

Check these UAVs out...

www . yuneec . com
2019-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly things move on,  most companies are dropping support for 32 bit and I don't blame them as its got such a shot life as hardware vendors like apple are dropping support for it.  
2019-12-18
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

This is the hardware in the CS785... flashing the ROM should reset the CS into generic android... no DJLie restrictions.
Anyone keen?
IMG_3619.JPG
IMG_3620.JPG
IMG_3622.JPG
2019-12-18
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 12-18 03:33
This is the hardware in the CS785... flashing the ROM should reset the CS into generic android... no DJLie restrictions.
Anyone keen?

Mair, I wish i was more tech savvy on this and I am waiting to see if someone does it and has directions on how to do it. Like I said, its been a while since I rooted a device. Thanks for the info!
2019-12-18
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 12-18 04:59
Mair, I wish i was more tech savvy on this and I am waiting to see if someone does it and has directions on how to do it. Like I said, its been a while since I rooted a device. Thanks for the info!

It's not about being tech savy... It's more a question of what obstacles DJLie has put into their firmware to stop people from turning the CS into a regular tablet.... so total flashing of the ROM might be the best solution to get it to accept all generic Android apps with out restriction, thats including the latest DJI Go 4 app....
I'm doing the research and might have found a solution, a way to totally clear and flash the ROM to generic android... I need a way to take a snap shot/RAW copy of the current ROMs so that I can re-flash the CS back to its current state if the flashing doesn't work....
Surely there is a way to restore to generic Android, since the hardware is RockChip.. and thats programmable and not specifically made for only DJLazy.
2019-12-18
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 12-18 19:12
It's not about being tech savy... It's more a question of what obstacles DJLie has put into their firmware to stop people from turning the CS into a regular tablet.... so total flashing of the ROM might be the best solution to get it to accept all generic Android apps with out restriction, thats including the latest DJI Go 4 app....
I'm doing the research and might have found a solution, a way to totally clear and flash the ROM to generic android... I need a way to take a snap shot/RAW copy of the current ROMs so that I can re-flash the CS back to its current state if the flashing doesn't work....
Surely there is a way to restore to generic Android, since the hardware is RockChip.. and thats programmable and not specifically made for only DJLazy.

Got it Mair, if you could share your progress with the group, that would be awesome. What is amazing to me is that DJI monitors these groups and just does not care. They dont even care when they are being trashed as long as they see that they are selling products. It is incredible. I hope Skydio starts selling out of the US because it would be nice for you also to have an alternative.
I will research the rooting of this device and if I see anything on it I will certainly post it.
2019-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules