7076 10 2019-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

Hi everyone,
I want to register my drone so that I can fly legally in Thailand. I gathered all documents, and got my drone insurance but now the problem is that in order to register at NTBC (national broadcasting and telecommunications commission) they require drone controllers serial number. Problem is that the serial underneeth the remote is erased and cant be read clearly.

Some people suggested that the remote controllers serial number can be found in the app itself in about section..now to make it even weirder, I found the serial in the app, but it doesnt match with the one on the remote. Also now I found out that the serial for the drone itself in the app doesnt match with the one on the drone itself, so now I am scared that even the insurance that I paid wont be good.

Why do you guys made this so cheap so its easy to erase itself. I literally used my drone 5 times so far and this serial is already erased.
What can i do regarding this, any ideas?
2019-12-18
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Thailand

2019-12-18
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

the serial number = 1WHCGASR061YN4 on your sticker. What are you seeing in your app, take a screenshot. Often the serial number in the app is not always the serial number for the drone or controller but the controller or drones mainboard, in that case you would expect it to be different.
2019-12-18
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

for the MM, Always go with the serial number on the box or on the label inside the battery compartment. For the RC, go with the serial on the RC. For some reason, the serials that show up in the app do not match.  Like someone already did, you have use a QR code reader on the controller to get the SN as well. There have been a few threads in regards to this and that has always been the DJI respone, go with whats on the box and not the app.
2019-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the confusion, the SN in the APP is the serial number of the flight controller and the RC mainboard, they are different from the one in the stickers.
May I have the serial number of your drone so that we can verify the SN of your RC?
2019-12-19
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Thailand

Ben Mason Posted at 12-18 04:43
the serial number = 1WHCGASR061YN4 on your sticker. What are you seeing in your app, take a screenshot. Often the serial number in the app is not always the serial number for the drone or controller but the controller or drones mainboard, in that case you would expect it to be different.

Just an update for the situation,  I've analysed the code, then compared QR code to the missing numbers, also I tried to change the specific part of the code in order to see if it fits the qr code, for example Is the missing letter R,B or 8.. then.. generated qr code and compared with mine.

At the end it turned out that the code you provided was correct. I managed to licence my drone, thank you for your help, much appreciated.
2019-12-21
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

speed_freakz Posted at 12-21 18:09
Just an update for the situation,  I've analysed the code, then compared QR code to the missing numbers, also I tried to change the specific part of the code in order to see if it fits the qr code, for example Is the missing letter R,B or 8.. then.. generated qr code and compared with mine.

At the end it turned out that the code you provided was correct. I managed to licence my drone, thank you for your help, much appreciated.

No problem, glad you got it sorted. By the way all i did was scan the image you posted.
2019-12-23
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Thailand

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-19 01:34
Hi there, sorry for the confusion, the SN in the APP is the serial number of the flight controller and the RC mainboard, they are different from the one in the stickers.
May I have the serial number of your drone so that we can verify the SN of your RC?

This is the drone serial. Thanks "1WGDGAU312G3U5"
2019-12-23
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Thailand

Ben Mason Posted at 12-23 01:04
No problem, glad you got it sorted. By the way all i did was scan the image you posted.

I tried that too but for me it didnt work for some reason.
2019-12-23
Use props
hc4mblog
New

Vietnam

Its just unfortunate.
2019-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

speed_freakz Posted at 12-23 09:19
This is the drone serial. Thanks "1WGDGAU312G3U5"

Sorry for the late response, yes, 1WHCGASR061YN4 is the correct SN of your RC. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
2019-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules