Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5s horizon drift
1218 6 2019-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harbour
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3683615 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was flying on a job with 2 other pilots who were also running the Inspire 2 and when I got the rushes into the edit, I noticed that they were all suffering horizon drift.
I am now having a battle with DJI NL about this so I'm keen to know how may others have this issue.

Footage sped up to show issue more clearly:

2019-12-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was this at Dartford crossing?
2019-12-18
Use props
Harbour
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No it was at Southampton
2019-12-18
Use props
Zotya
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510945 ft

Hungary

Woowww! Nice shots!
2019-12-18
Use props
Harbour
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could have been better without a wonky horizon though
2019-12-18
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think all the Inspire 2s do this.  The reason why others look so stable is because they are using software to stabilize it up in post.   You are supposed to shoot in 4k then downscale it to 1080p where the computer would make it look super steady.  Just because you bought the latest best DJI all-in-one drone today doesn't mean it has all the problems worked out.  It's like expecting Skydio 2 activetracking quality back when the best drone was a Mavic Pro.  It's like expecting Toy Story movie graphics back in N64.  The M2 is such an amazing design.  It would be nice if they just made it 3x bigger to accommodate a bigger sensor.
2020-1-22
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

That seems about normal for almost any dji drone. They all got a drift in the horizon.
You can fix some of it preflight by calibrating the gimbal on a real level surface (use a bubble level to check).
Any declination can be fixed then manualy in the settings. But be aware that these settings can be lost over time inside the app.

You can also assign roll on your remote so you can fix it while in the air.

Or just fix it in post like we all do ;)
2020-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules