Forced Landing ?
1732 8 2019-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shimmers81
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2856873 ft
Malaysia

i experienced my MM auto landing/ forced landing when flying from indoor 3rd level/storey to outdoor, the auto landing happened immediately once it out from indoor. Is this something i did wrong in setting or what is the possible causes?

please see my flight logs: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/N60QKZ8CJIUGJPT24EHU/

2019-12-18
Use props
Good guy Biker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459144 ft
Canada

so you flew  from inside to outside ?
2019-12-19
Use props
Shimmers81
lvl.3
Malaysia

Good guy Biker Posted at 12-19 01:18
so you flew  from inside to outside ?

yes, at 3rd floor
2019-12-19
Use props
djiuser_gpYPteASnSny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29281 ft
United States

Probably you entered a red zone after you connected to satellites when you were outside.
2019-12-19
Use props
djiuser_rXFQaixH9cJ7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7320 ft
United Kingdom

I had a look on AirMap for the location of your flight and as djiuser_gpYPteASnSny said, it looks like you were in a no fly zone:

2019-12-19
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

NFZ looks to be the case. That is, from what I've seen here on the forums, normal behavior. Once it gets GPS lock and it finds out where it is in the world and see's that it is in an NFZ, it will initiate auto land.
2019-12-19
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I wouldn't recommend going from 0 GPS to outside because you are basically flying in ATTI mode, once you are out the drone can drift easily due to wind and loose it or crash it.
The fact that it auto-landed is good.
2019-12-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing this information with your DJI Mavic Mini. With regards to the " No Fly Zone ". When the drone is inside a restricted zone the safety feature will trigger making the drone initiate a landing procedure. Rest assured the we will be launching a new version of the aircraft firmware and DJI Fly Application in late December to support unlock the no-fly zone. Please pay attention to the official announcement or kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com. Please submit the unlocking request at that time. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-12-19
Use props
Shimmers81
lvl.3
Malaysia

thank you guys for your inputs, clear my doubts now hopefully DJI release new FW soon, and glad that the forced landing did not crashed or cause damage to my MM
2019-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules