New Pilot
956 14 2019-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eruby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11831 ft

United States

Good day. 1st post. I have had a couple of "toy" drones and like flying. I am considering the new Mini for 3 reasons - 1) easy of flight with GPS, 2) size and 3) affordability. I've read and watched several reviews which most were positive. I've always received honest and pointed information from the forums I'm a member of so I decided to join this one prior to purchasing. I would buy the Fly More option with extra batteries. I'm new so I would start by flying low attitudes in a very open area.  Lost my last drone due to winds up high blowig it out of range.   Hoping the features of the Mini will help me not lose it.
Those who have been flying this Mini for a while, do you still like it? Is there a better option? Sure I'd like a Mavic Pro with all the bells and whistles but I don't have that kind of money to spend. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

2019-12-19
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

For the money, the Mini is a great little drone!  As you mention, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the more expensive drones, but it does a great job for the price.  
2019-12-19
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Welcome to the Forum Eruby
2019-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Your very welcome here, and I’m certain you will get excellent help, Mavic mini is an excellent first drone but like anything you just need to take it slowly at first read the manual and enjoy what it brings .
2019-12-19
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum. The Mavic Mini is a good drone for the price. You can get plenty of support on the forum. Wish you well in your flights.
2019-12-19
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Welcome eruby!
The Mini "combo" is my first drone and I love it.
Make sure you spend some time reading and participating in this forum if you need some help.
Its easy to loose your drone if you dont follow the basics.
Understand the manual, and you will have fun
2019-12-19
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a great place to learn everything you need to know before you decide to purchase a MM. It's also the goto for after you've made your decision if you decide to purchase one. Of course, if you do, read the manual like others have already said, understand it and everything will fall into place.
2019-12-19
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The latency of the Mini sucks as it's greater than the Spark.  I haven't used the Mini but I know the Sparks latency is nothing like the Mavic 2 though, the Mavic 2 isn't quite lag-free so flying that under sport mode very close to obstacles is not good.
2019-12-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Read the manual thoroughly.
2019-12-19
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

My first drone.  I’ve taken my time, made sure I also have 11 satellites or more before taking off, and after take off, rotated, moved side to side, and moved up and down a couple of feet.  
2019-12-19
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

have had zero problems.  Just take your time.  I love this thing.  Nothing for the money touches it.  
2019-12-19
Use props
eruby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11831 ft

United States

Well to my disappointment, I went to the app store to look at the Fly App and could not find it. In searching, I found you need a 64 bit CPU and either Android 6 or above or Android 7 (depending on whose post you read). Searching on this forum, I found this DJI Fly App Android compatibility. Nether my phone nor my tablet is compatable.Guess I'll keep reading and dreaming until either I upgrade or DJI downgrades. Kinda suprised as this is considered by many to be a beginner drone and most beginners probably don't have the latest and greatest phone/tables.

Thanks everyone for the info and I will continue to follow this mini. It's affordable and looks like fun.

2019-12-20
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

I can't defend DJI on thisone since my beloved crystsky is now no use to me, and a phone is a poor substitute.
But tech is fast moving, and nothing can be supported for ever .
Crystal sky may be a legacy product now smart screens have come, and not many spark or mini user would stump up well over the drone price for a monitor.
And making mini 32 bit would put the price up.
But tech can also be a useful 'excuse' for  progress, look at the car industry.
At the end of the day , I don't have to buy any of it!
2019-12-20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

eruby Posted at 12-20 11:40
Well to my disappointment, I went to the app store to look at the Fly App and could not find it. In searching, I found you need a 64 bit CPU and either Android 6 or above or Android 7 (depending on whose post you read). Searching on this forum, I found this DJI Fly App Android compatibility. Nether my phone nor my tablet is compatable.Guess I'll keep reading and dreaming until either I upgrade or DJI downgrades. Kinda suprised as this is considered by many to be a beginner drone and most beginners probably don't have the latest and greatest phone/tables.

Thanks everyone for the info and I will continue to follow this mini. It's affordable and looks like fun.

Many users suffered this. Best bet is get an ipad mini 2 or 3 or an iPhone 6, they go cheap refurbished.
2019-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out and welcome to DJI Forum. I hope our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for your inquiry. In addition. I will be posting an offircial DJI Video tutorial for the best practices when flying a drone to ensure that you have stable connection with the said drone during flight. Thank you for choosing DJI.

2019-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules