Mavic Blocked because of missing GPS Signal
718 3 2019-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
glennmause
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,
I just came back from Raja Ampat, and after hiking an hour to a waterfall in the area, I tried to fly, and my Mavic Pro got limited to 5m off the ground and slow speed, apparently because it had no GPS signal.
Is this normal? How can I disable this safety featue?
Its very frustrating to not be able to get flying in such a beautiful location because of some safety function.
I am willing to accept the risk coming with that.

Thank you for your help.

2019-12-19
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Were you in a deep canyon or similar terrain, maybe blocking the sattelite reception?
2019-12-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum and sharing your insights with regards to the safety feature of the DJI Mavic Pro. With regards to the said feature. To increase the safety for the said drone when it's GPS is weak. The drone will limit the altitude and speed since the stability of the drone will be dependent on the downward vision sensor. I do apologize there is no way to disable this safety feature. In addition, I will be posting an image about this feature for more details. Thank you for your understanding.

2019-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum and sharing your insights with regards to the safety feature of the DJI Mavic Pro. With regards to the said feature. To increase the safety for the said drone when it's GPS is weak. The drone will limit the altitude and speed since the stability of the drone will be dependent on the downward vision sensor. I do apologize there is no way to disable this safety feature. In addition, I will be posting an image about this feature for more details. Thank you for your understanding.

2019-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules