Recording stops
6810 10 2019-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
saintguardian
New
United States

I got my Mavic Mini a few days ago and have been flying it around, taking pictures, and the like.  The problem I have is that the recording at 2k video stops after about 10-20 seconds of recording.  I go back and it shows the recording went on a little longer (about 10-14 seconds) before stopping.  I have gotten a video of roughly 8 minutes without a problem but also had problems like this.

The SD card that I got is SanDisk 128GB Extreme 160MB/s Micro SD MicroSDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 Memory Card . I have formatted the card in both the drone and on my computer.  Still gives me the same problem.  I do not have access to an SD card that is that powerful.  I can try best buy when it opens and try a smaller gb version.

I am using a note 9 and everything is up to date.  I also downloaded the logs in anticipation of when someone would ask for it.

Is there a setting I need to check?  I have the cache on auto.

Please tell me what else you need.  I'm lost on what to troubleshoot next.
2019-12-19
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

The card should be actually work ... due to the specifications. As I wrote in another thread...first disable cache (useless and only eats up resources in my opinion). If this doesn't help, try not 2.7k resolution, but 1080. If the issue still persists, try another sd card. It doesn't have to be that big and fast. Let us know if it works again and what caused this issue.
2019-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to please try using a different compatible SD card to isolate the issue. If issue still persists, Kindly please provide a short video of the said issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-12-20
Use props
the1shark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

jonny007 Posted at 12-20 09:01
The card should be actually work ... due to the specifications. As I wrote in another thread...first disable cache (useless and only eats up resources in my opinion). If this doesn't help, try not 2.7k resolution, but 1080. If the issue still persists, try another sd card. It doesn't have to be that big and fast. Let us know if it works again and what caused this issue.

2.7k/30 and 1080p/60 has the same bitrate .. so switching between them will do nothing in regards to the amount of data transfer to the card. A better way to isolate this is to replace the sdcard.
There was a post here about video files that stops every time you try to take a still photo.
Maybe the op has the same issue ?
2019-12-20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Seems like something with the sd card, testing with another one could give you answers.
2019-12-20
Use props
saintguardian
New
United States

Okay, I went to BB and bought me a 32 GB Samsung Evo Plus.  I formatted it and started to record outside my window.  It recorded 3 full battery flights and everything without a problem.

I switched over and it kept doing the same problem as before.  It would record about 10-20 seconds then stop.  Record and picture buttons would disappear then reappear after several seconds.  I tried three times with buffer off and with two different modes.  Nothing seemed to work.

I swapped out to the newest card and formatted the card.  Hit record and put the drone on a fan.  It recorded 30 minutes before it stopped itself.  That was at the 1080 resolution.  I switched to 2.7k and recorded it for 25 minutes and everything looks fine.  I looked at the card and noticed that it kept the 1080 resolution in one file but split up the 2.7k video into two files.  It kept 20 minutes and the remaining time into two files.  Looked fine so my guess is, don't get a large space sd card.

Resolution:  The card was the problem.  I wasn't pressing any buttons on the phone or the controller when it stopped recording on the 265 GB sd card.  I'll probably order another 32 GB from BB and print up an SD card carrier.

Thank you everyone who posted.  This helped me a lot to troubleshoot.
2019-12-20
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

i have a card Samsung Evo Plus MicroSDXC 128GB Class 10 U3 UHS-I and it works without any problems
2019-12-21
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

@saintguardian :It is most likely that the card is the cause, but generally larger cards also work. The difference between 32 mb cards and larger ones is the different file system. Maybe you had formatted incorrectly (FAT32 instead of exFAT) ?
2019-12-21
Use props
G-ERAM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 111736 ft

United Kingdom

I have the same card as OP and was experiencing the same problem with recording stopping randomly anything between 45 secs and 1min 45. I unticked Quick Format to do a full format of the card which took some time to execute. So far I have recorded continuously for over 4 mins. In general I don't shoot longer than that unless I planned to use the whole recording. Admittedly I've only had the drone up a couple of times since but seems good so far....
2022-7-21
Use props
djiuser_lko1hOhV6OQd
New

United States

I have a DJI mini 2,

Every time I try to record it never saves the video. Do t know what I did wrong
2023-2-23
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

djiuser_lko1hOhV6OQd Posted at 2-23 18:13
I have a DJI mini 2,

Every time I try to record it never saves the video. Do t know what I did wrong

First of all, try another SD card.
If that doesn't work, format the card in your drone from the DJI Fly app.
2023-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules