Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin SC with Fujifilm XT3 and latest firmware update 3.10
13994 45 2019-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Max Mar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453271 ft
Italy

undagimby Posted at 2019-12-27 04:55
p.s.  Is the "DJI Ronin-SC RSS Control Cable for Fujifilm Cameras" the answer?

I have been using this cable since November, I have never had problems with recording and follow Focus.
2020-1-22
Use props
undagimby
lvl.1

Australia

Max Mar Posted at 1-22 03:07
I have been using this cable since November, I have never had problems with recording and follow Focus.

I lot of water has gone under the bridge since I asked about the Part 16 cable.  At that time, yes, it worked and provided some limited functionality, like start and stop recording and thereby a focus on start in single focus mode.  However since Firmware v1.4.0.30 was released for the SC on 9 Jan 2020, we now have pretty much full capability using the supplied USBC-to-USBC cable.  The only think we don't have is that a half-press on the camera button doesn't trigger the camera to focus as a half-press on the shutter button does.  
2020-1-22
Use props
Vincenzo21
lvl.1

Italy

ciao scusa il disturbo posseggo un fuji xt-3 con obiettivo 16-55 f2.8 ho comprato il ronin sc combo e mettendo la macchina ul ronin provando la messa a fuoco quindi mettendo il motore all'estremità dell'obiettivo quando vado a fare il settaggio a motori spenti la macchina mi cade sempre in basso  potresti darmi un aiutino?
Grazie
2020-2-10
Use props
Sydd
New
France

Hi everyone,

I had my Ronin SC yesterday, it was easy to balance (a bit more difficult for the pan axis, but I didn't read this part of the documentation ).
Everything works fine : start/stop video, take photo, focus wheel is working like a charm... after a three hours fight : each end of the USB-C cable must be connected to the correct device ! One end for the camera (there is a sticker for it), the other end for the Ronin. I'm not sure that's documented, and I didn't see it on the cable as I was trying the Ronin in the living room, in low light condition.
I noticed a few bugs with the X-T3, I'll do a complete listing as soon as possible.
2020-2-13
Use props
TTGator
lvl.1

United States

Thanks to Ekosmil for pointing me to this forum! Man, the DJI instructions on how to set this up are really lacking! I made an unboxing/setup video a little while ago and Ekosmil brought this thread to my attention saying that there was a way to focus without the motor. I thought there was no way this was possible but told him I'd try it. You guys are right, it works wonderfully! I made a short video showing it for others to discover and see how to set it up. Hope it helps!

UGH: It won't let me post a YouTube link. You can find it on my channel "Help Me DIY". Sorry.
2020-2-27
Use props
Bulltipper
lvl.1
United States

I know this is an old forum, but I just got the Ronin SC recently and its working great for video, but I'm struggling with photos. The record button is not taking photos, and it actually causes some really weird behavior. It will start doing some weird auto focusing and takes the camera out of boost mode. I have to completely turn off the camera to get it back but then it still wont ever take a photos. Video is working as expected though. Both camera, lens and Ronin SC are all on the latest firmware according to the apps.
2021-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules