123Next >
29574 102 2019-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Hello,

I just found that there is a number of tablets having issues with the  DJI Fly software which is the precribed software for the Mavic Mini. Mavic Mini will not work with the DJI Go or DJI Go 4 software. Below is what I posted on the "App" postion of the  forum. At that location, there is a bunch of guys having software issues  with the DJI Fly software. Anyway, here is the posting;

Just a heads up guys before you buy the Mavic Mini.  The  DJI Fly software will not work with a lot of the tablets that  you  probably own now that presently work with DJI Go and DJI Go 4  software.  Essentially if you have a tablet which is running fine with  DJI Go and  Go 4 , its probably not going to work with the DJI Fly  software.

The Einstein's at DJI decided that the Mavic Mini  should  have it's own software and not be supported on the current DJI  Go  software suite that all their other drones work with. The DJI Go  and  Go 4 software will work with no problem on a 32 bit Android 5  tablet  and they work well.
  Unfortunately the DJI Fly software requires a 64 bit tablet with  Android  7. If it does not have either, it will not work. Even if you  have a tablet with these  specs it may or may not work? This is very picky  software.  You will be  lucky if you can get it to work.

When i asked DJI why the Mavic Mini  would  not work with DJI Go 4, their answer was some rediculous reply  that  it's a beginner drone. I suggested that they cold still use DJI Fly  for  beginners but to allow the Mavic Mini  to  work with the DJI Go 4 program also. They gave me the standard  "So  sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you."  Guys,  don't hold your breath on this one.

My only hope is that Litchi supports the Mavic mini soon so that our current tablets will work to fly the Mavic Mini.  I  am not about to buy a new tablet for this one drone! It's sad that  we  have to hope that a third party vendor supports a DJI drone so we  can  use the third party's software to fly with your current tablet

Guys, dont feel to bad. DJI does not even support their own  tablet,  the  Crystal Sky. That tablet can cost upwards to $1000 for  the  7.85inch. My 5.5 inch model cost me $600.  
  The bottom line is that DJI just does not care that it does not work.  Oh  well, to bad, time to buy another tablet. Its your problem and  not  theirs. Take a look at the angry guys including me under the  Crystal Sky  portion of this forum.

You had better learn early that DJI customer support is the worst in the  industry.

Good luck and hope this helps!

2019-12-20
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only thing that I can whole heartedly agree with is the way the Mavic Mini was marketed was the ommission of the fact that the app DJI FLY requires 64 bit device and 64 bit os. The rest of it, I was able to figure out prior to buying the mini. I came to the conclusion that I did by reading the Mavic Mini page on DJI's website. By doing that, I learned that the drone had a new app and that it was only compatible with that. And by reading the apps compatibility list, I saw that there were no tablets on it. Period. I knew there was a possibility that none of the tablets I already owned either wouldn't work properly or even at all. What kept me out of the oversight that DJI did with the whole 32-bit/64-bit thing was that I didn't assume anything. I get the direction DJI is trying to take with this drone. I don't necessarily agree with it, But I get it. What I don't get is all the tantrum throwing because of it. For me the answer was simple. If I got it and it didn't work for me, I was going to send it back. That to me is the best way to vote. When a company sells a ton of product, and gets about 75% of it returned, then they'll wonder why and find out. Perhaps a little too late. But moving forward, I'd bet they adopt better consumer relation practices. That being said, there are a few tablets that work and they are not on the supported list. This is because there are no tablets on the supported list as of yet. DJI has said they are continuing to test devices to add to the compatibility list but in my opinion, we should have already seen some growth of that list. Probably on a weekly basis. But again, thats just my opinion and we all know about opinions, LOL!!
2019-12-20
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Well said. My crystal sky (the only display I class as useable without ridiculous contraptions folded all over the place) for me is now defunct.
HeyHo that's tech for you!
2019-12-20
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bright Spark Posted at 12-20 11:20
Well said. My crystal sky (the only display I class as useable without ridiculous contraptions folded all over the place) for me is now defunct.
HeyHo that's tech for you!

Story of my life. Latest and greatest today, so last year tomorrow....
2019-12-20
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

These tablets work with DJI Fly currently:  (unofficial list)
Asus ZenPad 10.1
Asus ZenPad 8
Ellipsis 8HD
Huawei MediaPad M5
iPad 7
iPad air 2
iPad Mini 3
iPad Mini 4
iPad Pro
Samsung S4 Tab 10
Samsung Tab S5e
Samsung Tab S6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
2019-12-20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

It is puzzling many and is understandable. But there is nothing we can do.
From a software point of view it makes sense, maybe having both 32 and 64 would have been better for 75% of potential users.
I feel you, I have a perfectly fine phone for 100% of my needs, but I will have to add a 200eu extra for a compatible phone, just cause of the Mini.
Still the mini is just too good to pass on this one.
2019-12-20
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Guys, I get that DJI wants to progress but my argument here is that DJI told us that the the Crystal Sky would work with all their drones. I have an Inspire 1, two Phantom 3's , two SPARKS, a Mavic Pro and now the Mavic Mini. This Crystal Sky tablet cost 600 bucks for the small model and over a thousand for the larger one. Thats a lot of money. It would have been nothing for DJI to include the Mini in its Go 4 software complete with telemetry for experienced fliers and offer the DJI Fly for the newbies.
Another argument is that there is no reason the DJI Fly software had to be 32 bit. It's a cut down version of the Go software at best. They just did not think this out. My opinion.
For you newbies, If you have not dealt with DJI support yet, you had better pack a lunch. It's a struggle at best!
Good luck!
2019-12-20
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Minnesota Posted at 12-20 11:44
Asus ZenPad 10.1
Asus ZenPad 8

Thanks for the unofficial list, I am sure that will help a few. I still think we should be seeing more frequent compatibility test results from DJI and more devices being added on the official list.  It only testing but efforts to get the app working on more devices as well.
2019-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. The Mavic Mini can only be used with the DJI Fly app, you may refer to the information on the DJI official web:
https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/faq

However, we'll forward your feedback to the related team. We really appreciate your kind understanding.
Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to contact us.
2019-12-20
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Natalia, I appreciate you commenting on this post. The reality is that DJI did not think this one out. I will again reiterate that DJI could have easily included the Mavic Mini in its current DJI Go 4 software suite for veteran DJI pilots and the DJI Fly software for Newbies. At this point I will have to wait for the hopes that Litchi will come out with the update to their program which works on all my tablets including the Crystal Sky. I am not about to buy a tablet just to fly this one drone. It's kind of sad that we have to hope for a third party vendor to come out with software so I can fly my DJI drone with my DJI tablet.

Natalia, I have been dealing with DJI customer service since 2014. DJI customer service is the worst in the business. I dont have much faith in you telling us that you will forward the feedback on because ultimately DJI does nothing.  Normally the standard DJI line is "So sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you".
2019-12-21
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ipad mini 5 works as well.
2019-12-21
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-20 11:25
Story of my life. Latest and greatest today, so last year tomorrow....

Don't feel too bad...I have a S1000 in my spare bedroom, Its' case cost over a grand.
2019-12-21
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would be in the same frustration boat, if it were not  for a decision I made over the summer. I found a great deal on a Samsung Note 8 and, whew, it is very compatible and 1200 nits (bright). My other Android tablets and phones that I have used for my MA, do not work.
While I favor Android, I bought an Ipad 10.2 (2019 version) for my wife for the holiday, as they are favorably priced. This will also give me an opportunity to test it with my MM.
2019-12-21
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

djicheaha Posted at 12-21 16:49
I would be in the same frustration boat, if it were not  for a decision I made over the summer. I found a great deal on a Samsung Note 8 and, whew, it is very compatible and 1200 nits (bright). My other Android tablets and phones that I have used for my MA, do not work.
While I favor Android, I bought an Ipad 10.2 (2019 version) for my wife for the holiday, as they are favorably priced. This will also give me an opportunity to test it with my MM.

That's a stroke of luck for you my friend. In my case, I can not see buying a tablet just for one drone especially when i have the one that DJI sold me. Thanks for the update though.
2019-12-21
Use props
Madperk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 650089 ft
United States

djicheaha Posted at 12-21 16:49
I would be in the same frustration boat, if it were not  for a decision I made over the summer. I found a great deal on a Samsung Note 8 and, whew, it is very compatible and 1200 nits (bright). My other Android tablets and phones that I have used for my MA, do not work.

I have the same iPad and it works fine with the MM.  you will need some device to tether for internet if it doesn’t have a data plan.  
2019-12-21
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Madperk Posted at 12-21 20:12
I have the same iPad and it works fine with the MM.  you will need some device to tether for internet if it doesn’t have a data plan.

That is good to hear about the iPad. Thanks for the feedback.
Tether to download the app and update maps, right? I can use the Note 8 as a my hot spot (tether) or my wife's iphone data plan. Would not need a data plan to fly or am I missing something peculiar about iPads?
I have a Mavmount that will work for mounting and I already have extended cables. I could be ready.....if she decides not to keep it
2019-12-21
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 12-21 16:06
Ipad mini 5 works as well.

At the moment, the combination of all parameters Ipad mini 5 + Cellular is the best and problem-free option!
2019-12-21
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

jazzyjeff Posted at 12-21 16:00
Natalia, I appreciate you commenting on this post. The reality is that DJI did not think this one out. I will again reiterate that DJI could have easily included the Mavic Mini in its current DJI Go 4 software suite for veteran DJI pilots and the DJI Fly software for Newbies. At this point I will have to wait for the hopes that Litchi will come out with the update to their program which works on all my tablets including the Crystal Sky. I am not about to buy a tablet just to fly this one drone. It's kind of sad that we have to hope for a third party vendor to come out with software so I can fly my DJI drone with my DJI tablet.

Natalia, I have been dealing with DJI customer service since 2014. DJI customer service is the worst in the business. I dont have much faith in you telling us that you will forward the feedback on because ultimately DJI does nothing.  Normally the standard DJI line is "So sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you".

I completely agree with you! Also behave and other firms, the same Samsung... As long as people buy they can afford not to respect their users!
2019-12-21
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 12-20 15:14
Guys, I get that DJI wants to progress but my argument here is that DJI told us that the the Crystal Sky would work with all their drones. I have an Inspire 1, two Phantom 3's , two SPARKS, a Mavic Pro and now the Mavic Mini. This Crystal Sky tablet cost 600 bucks for the small model and over a thousand for the larger one. Thats a lot of money. It would have been nothing for DJI to include the Mini in its Go 4 software complete with telemetry for experienced fliers and offer the DJI Fly for the newbies.
Another argument is that there is no reason the DJI Fly software had to be 32 bit. It's a cut down version of the Go software at best. They just did not think this out. My opinion.
For you newbies, If you have not dealt with DJI support yet, you had better pack a lunch. It's a struggle at best!

I think it would be fair for any unsuspecting potential new drone flyer, if everyone who dealt with DJI, warned any new potential customers about DJI after sales attitude to their customers... promise the world and once they have your money its just cut and paste company approved and allowed talk a lot and say nothing answers... basically it's Ching Ching Ping way of doing business... give me you Ching Ching and now Ping off we don't care about you...

if there is too many complaints about a product than release a "SO CALLED FIRMWARE UPDATE" that is really malware designed to kill the off the product, as in with the latest CrystalSky monitor firmware... designed to force it to burnout. Dodgy DJI strikes.
2019-12-22
Use props
fansef4ae8a7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

mAIRs Posted at 12-22 05:20
I think it would be fair for any unsuspecting potential new drone flyer, if everyone who dealt with DJI, warned any new potential customers about DJI after sales attitude to their customers... promise the world and once they have your money its just cut and paste company approved and allowed talk a lot and say nothing answers... basically it's Ching Ching Ping way of doing business... give me you Ching Ching and now Ping off we don't care about you...

if there is too many complaints about a product than release a "SO CALLED FIRMWARE UPDATE" that is really malware designed to kill the off the product, as in with the latest CrystalSky monitor firmware... designed to force it to burnout. Dodgy DJI strikes.

Promised the world?

I was promised an entry level drone and it was made perfectly clear which features were included and which features were not. I was not promised the be all end all drone.

So far it has lived up to the promise of an entry level drone that's easy to learn, easy to fly, and takes great photos and video.

It also served the purpose of me finding out if drone photography was for me before dropping a couple grand on a Mavic 2 Pro.

I'm wondering, after reading a lot of posts like this, if people really didn't read the description or FAQ before buying.
2019-12-22
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

fansef4ae8a7 Posted at 12-22 06:42
Promised the world?

I was promised an entry level drone and it was made perfectly clear which features were included and which features were not. I was not promised the be all end all drone.

So, how does it feel working for DJI?.... Nice promo... nice try.
2019-12-22
Use props
fansef4ae8a7
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 12-22 06:44
So, how does it feel working for DJI?.... Nice promo... nice try.

Nope, don't work for anybody.

Are you surprised someone might be satisfied with their purchase or that someone actually did their homework before purchasing their first drone?

What promises were made to you about the Mini that haven't been met?
2019-12-22
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

fansef4ae8a7 Posted at 12-22 06:53
Nope, don't work for anybody.

Are you surprised someone might be satisfied with their purchase or that someone actually did their homework before purchasing their first drone?

Sir, no one is debating your perspective as a newbie to the drone world. If i were a newbie, this probably be a good choice. The problem is that we are not newbies and in my case, with the exception of the Mavic 2 as I have an original Mavic, I have every DJI drone since the Phantom 3 Standard.

There is no reason that DJI could not support their current customer base by allowing this drone to work on the current DJI Go 4 software which every other drone works with. We have invested a lot of money on DJI's own tablet which was the Crystal Sky and now this does not work with their own drone. That tablet cost me 600 bucks and the poor guys that bought the bigger one paid like 1100 with super bright model being almost 2 thousand dollars. That's a lot of money with virtually no support for the product by DJI. That's a problem especially when a third party vendor is saying that they are looking into including the Mavic Mini into their 32 bit program which will allow us to fly the Mavic Mini with the Crystal Sky. Seems a little ironic, would you not say?

I wanted the Mavic Mini as a small condensed drone to take with me when i wanted to pack it on a trip in a small suitcase. That's why my wife bought it for me.

The problem with DJI is not the products. No one ever said the products were bad. If you ever need customer support, that's where the problems start.

I hope you never do my friend because if you do, I guarantee you will be ranting just the way we are. Be prepared for "So sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you."

Best of luck for trouble free flying!
2019-12-22
Use props
djiuser_jAjX648gsHPo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67605 ft
United States

fansef4ae8a7 Posted at 12-22 06:42
Promised the world?

"I'm wondering, after reading a lot of posts like this, if people really didn't read the description or FAQ before buying."

Respectfully, show me where in the description or FAQ (not the forums) where it shows the requirement for a 64 bit OS.  Until I ran into this problem, I didn't even know my Android 9 was a 32 bit OS.  Try finding consistent reference to 32/64 bit OS when looking at the specs for any Android device.  The MM is my first drone, however I'm a long-time hobby programmer.  Giving a recommended devices list is fine for a limited ecosystem like Apple, but there are TOO MANY Android devices out there to test each one.  In the Android universe, you need to follow accepted programming practices yo expect your app to run on more than just a few of the devices.

If DJI doesn't fix this app/firmware problem in the next 2 days, the bad reputation they will earn when Christmas gift-givers find out that the fairly pricey entry-level drone won't fly for their gift-recipients without buying them a new phone,too, may do irreparable damage.
2019-12-22
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It does kind of sound like some didn’t do their homework, or at least enough, before deciding on the mini. I don’t work for DJI, although if they offered enough pay and benefits, I’d probably consider it, lol. For the most part, I’m happy with my decision. I don’t have any regrets. That isn’t saying I don’t have any issues with it, just that for me, the pros outweigh the cons. I came from flying a tello so this entry level DJI drone gave me what I was looking for without having to spend over $1000 dollars to get something even better than the mini. That’s not saying I haven’t had experience with other drones, I have. I have friends that have a phantom 4, a Mavic air, a Mavic pro 2 and I have flown them all and I like them all. But for me, the mini didn’t have all the bells and whistles and I don’t need them all. Sure some features would have been great, like active track, obstacle avoidance, and a few others, but it does what I was expecting and gave me the range that I was looking for too. All in all for me, it fits.
2019-12-22
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_jAjX648gsHPo Posted at 12-22 11:46
"I'm wondering, after reading a lot of posts like this, if people really didn't read the description or FAQ before buying."

Good point you raise. The problem is that DJI just does not care about their reputation.
What they are doing now is buying off YouTube guys by giving them free stuff. I have to say from a marketing stand point its a pretty effective way of getting their products out there.
Ask yourself this, what youtube guy is going to turn down a free drone and than give it a bad review? He is going to want his next model for free. The problem is that we think we are getting unbiased reviews from the people we subscribe to and trust only to find out it's very biased. I would rather pay for my item than sell my soul to the devil. My integrity is worth more than 40 pieces of silver.
2019-12-22
Use props
fansef4ae8a7
lvl.4
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 12-22 16:09
Good point you raise. The problem is that DJI just does not care about their reputation.
What they are doing now is buying off YouTube guys by giving them free stuff. I have to say from a marketing stand point its a pretty effective way of getting their products out there.
Ask yourself this, what youtube guy is going to turn down a free drone and than give it a bad review? He is going to want his next model for free. The problem is that we think we are getting unbiased reviews from the people we subscribe to and trust only to find out it's very biased. I would rather pay for my item than sell my soul to the devil. My integrity is worth more than 40 pieces of silver.

And yet you own 3 DJI products.
2019-12-22
Use props
fansef4ae8a7
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_jAjX648gsHPo Posted at 12-22 11:46

64 bit specifically? Didn't see that but I did see which device are officially supported.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads

When I was making my decision I was hoping I could use a tablet, clearly DJI did not list any tablets that were supported. I knew that and bought one anyhow. If I can't get any tablet to work I knew going in that tablets weren't supported.

Same thing with my phone, I made sure my device was in the list before purchasing.

Should they have officially supported more devices? Maybe, probablly, but they weren't really hiding the list.

I also checked the no fly map DJI supplied before buying because I less than 10 miles of a military base and less than 5 miles from the Canadian border.

Maybe I did more homework than the average buyer but I wasn't spending 500 bucks without getting as much information as possible before buying.
2019-12-22
Use props
fansef4ae8a7
lvl.4
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 12-22 10:39
Sir, no one is debating your perspective as a newbie to the drone world. If i were a newbie, this probably be a good choice. The problem is that we are not newbies and in my case, with the exception of the Mavic 2 as I have an original Mavic, I have every DJI drone since the Phantom 3 Standard.

There is no reason that DJI could not support their current customer base by allowing this drone to work on the current DJI Go 4 software which every other drone works with. We have invested a lot of money on DJI's own tablet which was the Crystal Sky and now this does not work with their own drone. That tablet cost me 600 bucks and the poor guys that bought the bigger one paid like 1100 with super bright model being almost 2 thousand dollars. That's a lot of money with virtually no support for the product by DJI. That's a problem especially when a third party vendor is saying that they are looking into including the Mavic Mini into their 32 bit program which will allow us to fly the Mavic Mini with the Crystal Sky. Seems a little ironic, would you not say?

DJI did not hide the fact that the Mini had to use the new app and would not work with the other apps or Crystal Sky.

You seem upset because the Mini did not meet your requirements but you bought it anyhow and are now complaining that they won't change things to suit you.

I'm sorry but I just don't get the anger.
2019-12-22
Use props
IndyRick
lvl.2

United States

Please add the ZTE BLADE Z MAX Z982 to the list of compatible Android devices.

Amazon has it for about $89.
2019-12-22
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Asus ZenPad 10.1
Asus ZenPad 8

You can add the iPad Mini 5 to your list.
2019-12-22
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

fansef4ae8a7 Posted at 12-22 17:16
And yet you own 3 DJI products.

Your right,,its actually 7 now, since 2014,, Keep in mind that I did not have to deal with DJI Customer service for anything to relevant until I ordered my Mavic. I heard stories but I did not believe it till I experienced it myself.
I was very clear when I said that they make good quadcopters. The problem is not with their products it is with the support. Their support stinks. I could not be any clearer when I explained this. Like I said to you, my wish is that you have trouble free flying my friend. If you don't you will be ranting like the rest of us.
2019-12-23
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

fansef4ae8a7 Posted at 12-22 17:30
DJI did not hide the fact that the Mini had to use the new app and would not work with the other apps or Crystal Sky.

You seem upset because the Mini did not meet your requirements but you bought it anyhow and are now complaining that they won't change things to suit you.

If you dont see it my friend,,good for you.. Thats great. I dont know if this is your first drone but please reserve judgement until you need help from DJI. You also can than enjoy the classic "So sorry, Our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you"
2019-12-23
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Yet another DJI plant on this posting!
2019-12-23
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I think what we have to find is how to get across to DJI that we feel like their support is where things are lacking. I understand that they have a good product and as consumers don’t have much to choose from in this area but I don’t have to like it. I’m puzzled at the number of members this forum alone has and that we haven’t collectively figured out a way to express what we want and it be affectively communicated by DJI in a much better way than they are now that our requests have been received and that they are either working on them or not and if they are, regular updates on progress. We need a DJI liaison of sorts. I know, it’ll never happen, but a man can dream can’t he??
2019-12-23
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-23 14:50
I think what we have to find is how to get across to DJI that we feel like their support is where things are lacking. I understand that they have a good product and as consumers don’t have much to choose from in this area but I don’t have to like it. I’m puzzled at the number of members this forum alone has and that we haven’t collectively figured out a way to express what we want and it be affectively communicated by DJI in a much better way than they are now that our requests have been received and that they are either working on them or not and if they are, regular updates on progress. We need a DJI liaison of sorts. I know, it’ll never happen, but a man can dream can’t he??

Jody, good point. One would think that DJI would care but it seems that they just dont which makes one frustrated as hell. Any other company would do damage control and when they monitored posts like this they might evaluate how many people are frustrated and then find a way to fix it. I am beginning to think that in the eyes of these foreign companies is that sales is where its at. Period. They dont realize that this philosophy loses in the end.
Keep in mind one thing Jody, DJI has been the king of the hill so long with no real competition. With Skydio out and Autel introducing the EVO 2, they might be dethroned real soon. I heard the customer support with both companies is pretty good. It is US based. The old saying the "customer is always right" is clearly an American phrase. DJI will never get the concept.   
2019-12-23
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 12-23 15:13
Jody, good point. One would think that DJI would care but it seems that they just dont which makes one frustrated as hell. Any other company would do damage control and when they monitored posts like this they might evaluate how many people are frustrated and then find a way to fix it. I am beginning to think that in the eyes of these foreign companies is that sales is where its at. Period. They dont realize that this philosophy loses in the end.
Keep in mind one thing Jody, DJI has been the king of the hill so long with no real competition. With Skydio out and Autel introducing the EVO 2, they might be dethroned real soon. I heard the customer support with both companies is pretty good. It is US based. The old saying the "customer is always right" is clearly an American phrase. DJI will never get the concept.

Absolutely. I couldn’t agree more. I’ve only been a part of the DJI experience for a couple of months but that’s enough for me to realize their support needs overhauled big time. When the mini first released, I amongst others pre-ordered. I’m 50 years old and where I’m from as long as I can remember, when you ore-ordered something, you were meant to get it before the general public. This wasn’t my experience with DJI as was a lot of others. I knew then the support was very lacking.
2019-12-23
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

Asus ZenPad 10.1
Asus ZenPad 8

iPad Mini 2 works also
2019-12-23
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-23 15:18
Absolutely. I couldn’t agree more. I’ve only been a part of the DJI experience for a couple of months but that’s enough for me to realize their support needs overhauled big time. When the mini first released, I amongst others pre-ordered. I’m 50 years old and where I’m from as long as I can remember, when you ore-ordered something, you were meant to get it before the general public. This wasn’t my experience with DJI as was a lot of others. I knew then the support was very lacking.

I think for us the straw that broke the proverbial camels back was when the Crystal Sky did not work with the Mini. A thousand dollar tablet made by DJI that will not work with it? Thank goodness mine is the 5.5 inch which was cheaper than the 7.85 inch. Mine just cost me 600 bucks.
2019-12-23
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 12-23 16:10
I think for us the straw that broke the proverbial camels back was when the Crystal Sky did not work with the Mini. A thousand dollar tablet made by DJI that will not work with it? Thank goodness mine is the 5.5 inch which was cheaper than the 7.85 inch. Mine just cost me 600 bucks.

$600 would be enough for me. It was hard enough for me to come up with the extra for the mini itself or else I would have went with something that supported occusync. I can see everyone’s frustration, but for myself, I will keep my thoughts and name calling to myself and just list any issues and feature requests and let it go. When the time comes that I’m ready to upgrade or need something else to retire the mini, I will send my message via my wallet. Like others have said, there are some up and comers in the drone market.
2019-12-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules